Thread: What Utopia needs 4 - Most important of all, VISIBILITY

What Utopia needs 4 - Most important of all, VISIBILITY

This is something Utopia do not have. I suggested them once but I don't really think they understand the weight of that kind of importance I am trying to tell them.

First thing you have to understand before this topic continues. Every gamer, in some sort of way, is immature.

In another words, most gamer are immature, not necessary in real life, but in some sort of point, they become a kid when they play a game. These people could be kids, or adults who has families and children. They are immature because even in the real world we are into, nobody is actually a 100% matured person. They are childish in a way just you could not see it.

Sp what does immature person do? They like to brag. They like to share. They want their voices to be heard. Their pictures to be seen. Their daily routine to be known. Twitter, instagram, facebook, they all do the same thing. To produce information about your own self, your own achievements, to the others.

Do Utopia has any of that? None.

Everything has to be visible to the players. If it cannot be done in everything, at least do it at the most important parts.

Flows of charts should be introduced. Pictures, icons, that could be understood by first look, should be introduced. And those all can be shared, posted, copied.

This is how you will get your free advertisement.

"Hey, let me share you my picture in facebook."
    Now you know about facebook because of that picture he shared to you.

But what makes that possible? Because facebook provide you a function for you to share something easily to the others.

The people using your program, playing your game will help you advertise your product. The only thing you need to do, is to put in a little bit of hard work in coding those stuffs out.

This is the kind of time you should spent and invest in your game. The kind of investment that will benefit you in the end.

When two kingdoms war together, how they fight the war? Let's say 2 list of lines of icons in a page. In the first 12h/24h/36/48h which time frame can be picked as flexible, we would be able to see what kind of strategy a kingdom takes.

What dragon they activate?
    How fast they fund the dragon?
    Details of each province that aided the dragon?
    How much damage received by a province in that time frame?
    How much kingdom networth drops in that time frame?
    How much ops been used?
    What is the kind of ops been used?
    What Ritual they applied?
    What is the offense of each prov has?
    What is the defense of each prov has?
    What is the science effect of each prov?

Make a sort of table, a chart, a page of icons, pictures, whatever that could represent entirely, clearly, USER-FRIENDLY, that anyone could understand right from first look, how a kingdom fights and what they do to fight a war and how they win it.

People will get crazy about this. If this is visible to everyone of them. They will participate in discussion, war planning, offering ideas. It will make the game more lively.

Warring is all about Utopia, yet not all Utopian knows what actually is a warring because usually only a Monarch know wars best.

What most players know about Utopia? Building up a province, make attacks, do ops.

So, a player never been a monarch before, he just played Utopia casually as a normal role. This guy plays for 10 years. One day, you ask him, what is Utopia looks like? He will answer the things he only know.

The only players who understand Utopia best is those who had actually lead the kd and participate their kdmates in wars. So there is really a pathetic low numbers of players who actually understand how your game works.

You want to make everyone knows what Utopia is, you have to give them something visible. Not just pages for them to insert commands.

This is very, very important. If you want to consider investing anything about coding and changing, make this a priority please.

Post Fiend
    I actually like this idea a lot. I am hoping they are working on some more visible stuff, with the mobile app. We can also see some changes slowly happening to make the game interface look more current, which is nice. But overall I agree that graphs and more assessment tools built into the game would be a really good thing.

Thread Information