Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
I can't agree to the suggestion that hitting someone while they are in a war would be better than to have a few days of ops and beeing forced to try and diplo a cf for meter points that you have given. Essentially while you might say weaker kingdoms want protection against stronger kingdoms to many a cf gives them nothing but fewer targets which is undesirable even if they run the risk of getting waved so they will not actively seek to cf unless they absolutely have to, such is the mindset in the ghetto, and many will likely still refuse it since they got gb protection acros the kingdom and further hits will give less gains.
diplomacy as a whole hasnt changed just the speed at which its done between 2 reasonable kds. i would say currently if your pissed enough at someone to hold ops open for a long time and u have to be "persuaded" to cf you are either just purposely wasting 50 peoples time which is kinda stupid OR you should be pissed enough that u want to figure out how to exact a real revenge..im not saying it has to be into a war, just actually do something. Just stalling for a bit isn't healthy to a fun game and doesnt keep people motivated....and i've done it too so im not saying im w/out fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
Thus doing diplomacy is really the key here, seek to arrange for mutual agreed wars over just waving whoever is in range and it would be easier to get a war, people who want to wave every 12 hours for science, land or war are really to greedy for their own good which is why they are failing at getting everything they want.
i get this to a point, and to the point is would u be happy if the game was litteraly anytime anything happens its war? Because effectively thats what your saying. your saying seek mutal wars or dont play the game. The people who wave are the people who keep the game beyond "afk arranged war afk." And this is really the reason i've been supportive of the changes. I think war should be encouraged and pushed into "War" when 2 kds actively fight but u shouldnt have to be in war to log in and have something to do, and i think the changes support that.

Quote Originally Posted by CCanes420 View Post
Defending the 'Force CF' mechanic is an absolute joke. It doesn't matter if you've been in engagements that dragged due to poor diplo/apathy/not caring about the other KD's time/etc. Any Uto player has dealt with that situation many times. It's part of the game that smaller KDs make larger KDs look elsewhere for easy waves (FSU KDs or not). Larger KDs will now wave with the smaller ones in fear of even retaliating with ops. Smaller KDs will whine whenever they are waved+monarch offline for whatever period of time extra. Now the devs give us the option to erect a magical 3 day long force field to prevent the 'bad guys' from getting us? Nice 'hardcore' strategy game. I'm taking the age off, but I won't say Uto is entirely dead.. just in dev limbo.
its no differnt that right now, u can always wave kds that are smaller the only "risk" is retals and ops and how much. if u think a smaller kd should have unlimited ops for 7+ days like they do right now and can effectively hit back 1-1 w/out it being defined as a "war" i dont think i agree. If u want to fight back and hit 1 less than the enemy did take it to war...if not and your just upset u got hit what is a reasonable amount of time?

Changes make it so aggressor kd only have 3 hours they can hit u before u can cf that seems like MORE def for the smaller kd, and when was the last time a kd waved u and then stoped waving for 24+hours before demanding a cf? i'd guess almost never. Like i keep repeating these changes have little overal impact from the vast majority of the way this game is already played and even ops moving the meter wont impact most kds signficantly.