Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 79 Utopia Aftermath (the most disappointing age ever. )

Age 79 Utopia Aftermath (the most disappointing age ever. )

Just making this little post to formally express my outrage at the mechanical changes being forced on us; as far as I'm concerned these changes mark the end of utopia. From here on, I shall refer to this game as Utopia Aftermath. I thought about making this post in the suggestions forum, to formally suggest they rename this game to Utopia Aftermath, to indicate its a new game; inspired by a Utopia clone no less. These changes break the Spirit of the game; and introduce hard coded direction into the game for players -- that were never intended; and indeed should never be hard coded. Today my interest in this game died; nay I should say today the game I have an interest in ceased to exist; the new game Utopia Aftermath is a game I've never had an interest in. The game, Utopia Aftermath is inspired by a game I spent some time playing, and tried to warm up too, years ago, but it was never able to keep my attention for long.

I wish I had more to say -- I'm too bewildered right now, and shocked, to give my beloved Utopia a proper eulogy.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 17-11-2018 at 15:42. Reason: fixed grammar mistake
    #magi

Enthusiast
    What mechanics? Also, utopia has evolved countless times. Remember Boats?
    Beauty of Absalom->Redemption of Absalom->Trinity of Absalom
    Acres->Infinity->Havoc of Absalom->Cromulent Republic
    7x crown winner. Genesis Tripple Crown. 3rd largest nw prov in history of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_mi View Post
    Boats is hardly a fair example to bring up imo.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Youll be back...

I won't ever have the interest, in this new game, that I had in utopia.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 17-11-2018 at 15:49. Reason: Fixed grammar
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Who knows what the future may hold?

Ive found that taking time off from this game helps ... distance makes the heart grow fonder...

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Who knows what the future may hold?

Ive found that taking time off from this game helps ... distance makes the heart grow fonder...
    Its a nice thought but the only distance from this new game that could make my heart grow fonder, is missing the people I play with. There is absolutely no way I could ever grow fond of these mechanics... I've never missed or grown fond of the clone its lifting some of these mechanics from.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Is it the duidecimalness and simplified gameplay that irks you? The "idiot proof" design that seems to be becoming the way of it? If so, I agree...

Which mechanics exactly?

Ops moving the meter, can't stand it. The new CF mechanics; combined with the current hostile meter; and declare by either side when hostile is reached. I haven't been a fan of any of the new CF mechanisms; but these new ones take the cake -- and break the camels back.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 17-11-2018 at 16:07.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Things seem to change pretty quick in this game ... no Kingdom Stances, Rituals and Scientists are new additions that may or may not last ... with all of these changes you can at least hope that the ones you dislike are changed in the future...

I know how you feel - i like a hobby called Warhammer Fantasy and it has been shat upon by its current owners and warped into a pukish copycat version designed for dummies ... i refuse to play the new version. It seems you feel like this about the new additions to utopia ... the Utopia Aftermath as you say...

Maybe just try to learn to play around the new rules and find the new loopholes ... anything your enemies can do to you - you can do the same back to them and reverse the hurt you feel from the game mechanic changes...

You only hurt because you care. Try to fix it...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 17-11-2018 at 21:57. Reason: Typo

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Post Demon
    one loophole is the cf mechanic, I get waved and don't want to fight, no ops just 7 hits for max gains with +4 hours, 3 hours later declare cf as we are not hostile and the opponents armies are still out so they won't get to ambush, atleast going to make a horrible change less horrible as you can fight back like this, only drag is now the defending kd might get ops instead of the attacking.

I guess they figured the changes would make a bit of cash from fustrated monarchs constantly having to purchase meter.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I wish I had more to say -- I'm too bewildered right now, and shocked, to give my beloved Utopia a proper eulogy.
    I can confirm here is life after Utopia. Don't get so depressed!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Would you feel better if they coded it softly? Mink could strap some cotton balls to his finger tips!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_mi View Post

loved boats ... loved sinking attackers ....... that was a dark day
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information