Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Age 79 Utopia Aftermath (the most disappointing age ever. )

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    one last thing i'll add... i didnt mean to say all defnsive actions are griefing only that if u want to grief someone which was super easy to do pre these changes there was no real mechanic to stop it in the past. Now that griefing has to be well planed or its going to lead to war. Similarly i personally think threres still plenty of defensive actions u can take like u can still MS the enemy for waving u, u just open up their ability to op back and if u want to spend days and days playing defensively its a mechanics abuse to do that outside of war.

My only point was i dont see how u can call it a completely differnt game when the mechanics barely change compared to mechanical changes in the past.

I don't agree these changes compare with changes in the past -- I think they radically force a new type of game play -- war or CF. I don't agree that there are plenty of ways to defend your self (meaning in a manner that should and can ward off most aggressors) -- there is now, only give freebies, or stomp your would be aggressor into the ground.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 18-11-2018 at 19:03. Reason: Added more explination.
    #magi

But war or CF always been the case. It always ends either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Hasn't been my experience.
    #magi

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I don't agree these changes compare with changes in the past -- I think they radically force a new type of game play -- war or CF. I don't agree that there are plenty of ways to defend your self -- there is now, only give freebies, or stomp your would be aggressor into the ground.
    i do get that u dont like it, i understand the hate my feelings is just that

the only difference is how much time is spent outside of war before either of these things happen. Do u retal hits for 3 days then cf..well thats conceptually a war.

...edit
    Hasn't been my experience.
    the only other option is to wait for the meter to decay, but how often has the agressor kd waited out a 50 point meter?
    Last edited by Persain; 18-11-2018 at 19:08.

i do get that u dont like it, i understand there hate my feelings is just that

the only difference is how much time is spent outside of war before either of these things happen. Do u retal hits for 3 days then cf..well thats conceptually a war.

...edit

the only other option is to wait for the meter to decay, but how often has the agressor kd waited out a 50 point meter?
    In the past the aggressor kingdom had no choice in the matter; it provided the defending kingdom a small bargaining piece -- that the defender kingdom no longer has; and the aggressor kingdom would be stupid to ignore.
    #magi

Strategy Moderator
    soo you'd have the same issue if the meter decayed to 15 points at day change then from 15-0> at the next day change? because conceptually thats whats being done no? (al be it a even faster)

In the past the aggressor kingdom had no choice in the matter; it provided the defending kingdom a small bargaining piece -- that the defender kingdom no longer has; and the aggressor kingdom would be stupid to ignore.
    lul, what other choice do you mean the defender kingdom had beside war or CF? If you didnt want to war you had to CF either willingly or by force.

i do get that u dont like it, i understand the hate my feelings is just that

...edit

soo you'd have the same issue if the meter decayed to 15 points at day change then from 15-0> at the next day change? because conceptually thats whats being done no? (al be it a even faster)
    I don't comprehend your question. I don't have any issues with the past system 99% of the time; if anything my issues was that capping the meters at 150 points (maxing the meter) sucked -- but it rarely effected me. You could reasonable defend your self against a huge host of kingdoms without being forced to CF or war. Some kingdoms were better bullies then others but generally a kingdom with the talent, and activity to bully you despite the facts, didn't want to waste their time -- they had better goals / things to do... Now every unskilled ghetto that is bored can just bully without much concern.
    #magi

lul, what other choice do you mean the defender kingdom had beside war or CF? If you didnt want to war you had to CF either willingly or by force.
    Not my experience -- already stated this.
    #magi

Not my experience, already stated this.
    Yet you seem to be incapable of answering the question.

Yet you seem to be incapable of answering the question.
    I did answer it -- I just declined to elaborate; considering we've never actually had any pleasant conversations, I don't feel the need to.

Edit 1: I'm flattered, however, you care so much about what I think, thank you.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 18-11-2018 at 19:40. Reason: See "Edit 1"
    #magi

Strategy Moderator
    I don't comprehend your question.
    In the past there was 3 options when a kd waved you. Wait out meter, take them to war, or cf. Litteraly there cant be anything else.

The only time i EVER saw a kd wait out a 4-5-6+ day meter with open ops is when the kd they hit was so gheto they did nearly zero damage back to them. Like if even one prov continued to MS after the 24 hour mark a kd would either force a kd to cf or start in on pk/massacre the prov causing the issue until there wasnt an issue. ANY and ALL comptent leaders/kds should take this option. And if they weren't then that was a bad thing because it only made the differnce between a good and a bad kd much more noticeable.

The cf/war part. If u didnt wait for a meter to naturally decay you were either taking a kd to war....(here changes only mean u cant abuse the oow gbp system to gain a WAR advantage now) or they cf'ed. The "or they cf'd, the differnce between next age and current age is "how much damage u can do before that cf happens". With that said conceptually if the meter decay'ed at 90% instead of 5/6 "cf" and "wait out meter decay" are effectively the same thing. i.e. disallowing ops from the kd you hit.

In the past there was 3 options when a kd waved you. Wait out meter, take them to war, or cf. Litteraly there cant be anything else.

The only time i EVER saw a kd wait out a 4-5-6+ day meter with open ops is when the kd they hit was so gheto they did nearly zero damage back to them. Like if even one prov continued to MS after the 24 hour mark a kd would either force a kd to cf or start in on pk/massacre the prov causing the issue until there wasnt an issue. ANY and ALL comptent leaders/kds should take this option. And if they weren't then that was a bad thing because it only made the differnce between a good and a bad kd much more noticeable.

The cf/war part. If u didnt wait for a meter to naturally decay you were either taking a kd to war....(here changes only mean u cant abuse the oow gbp system to gain a WAR advantage now) or they cf'ed. The "or they cf'd, the differnce between next age and current age is "how much damage u can do before that cf happens". With that said conceptually if the meter decay'ed at 90% instead of 5/6 "cf" and "wait out meter decay" are effectively the same thing. i.e. disallowing ops from the kd you hit.
    Your just trivializing it all. None of what your saying changes what I pointed out. Lastly, "what you've personally seen" != "all that has taken place". I must put more emphases on your trivializing, because, the "what you've seen" factor, is less important here.
    #magi

Strategy Moderator
    what im saying is i think your over reacting (as are others who have complained its a huge change) and a thread like this before u even see the actual effects the changes have to the game seems premature

what im saying is i think your over reacting (as are others who have complained its a huge change) and a thread like this before u even see the actual effects the changes have to the game seems premature
    Thanks for saying that. People it seems think I have quit the game in total (or so it appears); I do in fact still have a province, and will find out first hand if that is true or not.
    #magi

Thread Information