Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Age 79 Utopia Aftermath (the most disappointing age ever. )

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Thanks for saying that. People it seems think I have quit the game in total (or so it appears); I do in fact still have a province, and will find out first hand if that is true or not.
    your welcome, and for what its worth i dont mean to trivialize the "i dont like this" i get there are changes u dislike, i really really dislike the loss of attacks take acres from pool and wish that were back because that fundamentally changed how wars operated. But again it seems over the top to call it "utopia aftermath" till lets say at least week 3-4 as they could always go back and revert/addin/alter the mechanics to adress any issues that arrise with the new system.

Forgive the Out of Context post....

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post

I know how you feel - i like a hobby called Warhammer Fantasy and it has been shat upon by its current owners and warped into a pukish copycat version designed for dummies ... i refuse to play the new version. It seems you feel like this about the new additions to utopia ... the Utopia Aftermath as you say...
    As I cannot seem to send Private Messages, I’ll respond here... in case you are not familiar with it, there is a community driven Massive Miniatures Fantasy Battles game available for free. It plays similar to Warhammer Fantasy Battles 6th-8th edition. If interested, go check it out: the-ninth-age.com (ugh. Cannot post url’s either)

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    your welcome, and for what its worth i dont mean to trivialize the "i dont like this" i get there are changes u dislike, i really really dislike the loss of attacks take acres from pool and wish that were back because that fundamentally changed how wars operated. But again it seems over the top to call it "utopia aftermath" till lets say at least week 3-4 as they could always go back and revert/addin/alter the mechanics to adress any issues that arrise with the new system.
    Could be, hope your right... certain your not -- but I have been wrong about things I've seen as certain before.
    #magi

Strategy Moderator
    Could be, hope your right... certain your not -- but I have been wrong about things I've seen as certain before.
    me too...at worst though im just hopeing this ages changes are at least a better stepping stone to tweak than what we had in the past. adjusting hostile to 25-30? maybe going to 25-50-75 points on both sides=either side can declare, cf at the 24 hour and 48 hour mark isntead of 3 and 24 all things that can be balanced towards a game u like better if the changes dont feel right.

Needs to get out more
    I'd like something akin to a dimmer switch. If a kingdom wants the instant declare/war invitation/meter-beater then they should be able to dial in how much and which options they want.

I've enjoyed the game as raw as can be but it's nearly impossible to do that anymore. Everybody wants bot usage and 3rd party com and curl up in a ball when the bigger kingdoms come to collect. These tools or lack thereof are a scapegoat for craptastic play style. They're nice, but they don't build anything. It may not be the cargo cult of Utopia, but many players react to these tools in such a manner.

The problem is we get thrown into the category of griefers and that's a pretty lame title to put on players who excercise strategic tenacity. I've never complained about meter mechanics and I'm usually one of the guys that suffers from kingdom mates blundering into UF. Be that as it may, those mechanics and my kingdom mates were reality and I adapted to the situations. I stuck by my guys but also wasn't angry with the enemy reaction.

Big kingdoms cruising for resources are the testbed for my builds. The beauty of my system is they find me, I don't find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    [...and] curl up in a ball when the bigger kingdoms come to collect.
    Nothing more loathsome then to curl up in a ball when the bigger kingdoms come to collect -- and that is what these new changes basically aim to empower.
    #magi

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    No, these changes wont destroy Utopia, people will adapt and get through things. People have been saying Utopia is dead for 10+ years already and its behold its still around.
    What keep game around is not game itself but people having a lot good memory from past and its why still keep playing around and having fun chat. If you get rid from social part game will "complete" die for half age.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Needs to get out more
    Nothing more loathsome then to curl up in a ball when the bigger kingdoms come to collect -- and that is what these new changes basically aim to empower.
    Heck Yeah. To elaborate, when certain(not all) kingdoms have bots that show them numbers and chat to feed the panic they get timid and say stuff like "they're all pumped and ready to go". By comparison, when I see a pumped kingdom I see a kingdom on the verge of economic collapse.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-11-2018 at 22:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Heck Yeah. To elaborate, when certain(not all) kingdoms have bots that show them numbers and chat to feed the panic they get timid and say stuff like "they're all pumped and ready to go". By comparison, when I see a pumped kingdom I see a kingdom on the verge of economic collapse.
    I don't blame the bots -- the crowd that curls up, exist with or without bots.
    #magi

Post Demon
    Well sure dropped a bit from last age, not even 2800 right now, and while more will likely create within the next 3 days or so a big part of those late starters don't stick arround all age.

Wonder what happened to Genesis, and if last age would not have been better as a full age while this could be half an age, worst thing that could happen everyone would end on riddicules science, we already had that when learn was not avalible a few ages back.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thread Information