Thread: Age 79 Utopia Aftermath (the most disappointing age ever. )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Your attempt at rationalize away, to down play the changes, to define these changes in the manner you are trying to -- is cute; but inaccurate. These games make almost all situations black n white -- war or don't war. These changes remove diversity of tactics from the game -- they make even a simple action like stealing gold move the meter.
    no it makes the game take hostile actions towards war. if u dont want to war there are still plenty of options to do stuff and plenty of ways to still grief people. Maybe a 15 point meter is a bit low with ops moving the meter but thats a fine balance that can be tweaked. Like i repeat how is this a bigger effect on the game than the introduction of the war win bonus and the official stance of the game that u arent to use "war" to pump/dodge..people might not of been a huge fan of that but there is a lot more "this isnt the same game" now than back then. I mean if u look at how the playerbase uses war these changes are right in line with that, the fact u dont like that any hostile action u do helps lead you to war doesnt mean its a real change from the way the game has worked (see things like "retal war" which now just go into war v happens outside of war)

edit...and i point again to the fact that the "remove tactics" your crying about is/was abusing mechanics in ways they weren't ment to. GBP was never meant to give one side an advantage in a fight, it was meant to stop bullying---cf's now do that. I'd point to this the same way of other changes like when nightmares were introduced and perminately removed military. NM war designed in a attackers have overpop, theifs ns, magic should be able to remove military oops not how we wanted so we'll make it temporary. "omg game has changed" these changes arent even on par with that.
    Last edited by Persain; 18-11-2018 at 17:30.

Thread Information