Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Age 79 Virtual Kingdom Draft

  1. #16
    Post Demon
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,521
    I'll try to run these in order of importance per my thinking:

    Palies: Orc, Avian, Halfer, Human. Spell coverage - lots of games you can play if you can keep these 4 on for 48+ straight. I guess they attack too or something.
    A/flex: Faery WH x3 - mainline attackers, can go UB at the drop of a hat if you don't deal with them.
    A!: Halfer warrior x3 - "breakers". Top offense in the game. Hulk smash!
    M/(t or something): Elf mystic x3 - wpa mods woot. Does anything else matter?
    A/T: Avian Rogue x3 - I think they don't get horses anymore, but even still, they are one of the few that doesn't regret proping an elite. (Or orc... but -sci, eww)
    a/t/m: Dwarf Heretic x3 - No one else has the build space. Hopefully looks like a pointless prov till you realize it robbed you, FBed someone else, and still hit the chain target.
    A/sustain: Orc UD x3 - complimenting spells, and can't do anything else with an orc, gotta be an attacker.
    A/forgettable: Human tact x3 - I guess it goes fast. Spells mesh too, so I guess the check-sum checks?


    I wish I could put mystic somewhere besides Elf to use their good army, but WPA mods basically force that choice IMO. Looking back at it, could swap those last two, get the orcs faster. They'd wear out faster though due to the +losses though, and leaves 3 more provs for the palies to put GP on... so I'm back to liking this one a bit better.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

    Think Different

  2. #17
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    @Ethan...i like your mix you effectively looks like u did exactly my same concept just with everything your twist what u see works best. I will point out why i went with my mix over yours is , half warrior has less offense than halfer war hero (9/0 v 8.8/0) and feary warhero is good for ub but doesnt have flexibility to use leets once your 'Safe", meaning if u need pop space u end up over converting your offense. ;)

  3. #18
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,800
    Ok, so now I'm not done.

    I'm at work and I write like a sloth ASMR session, so I'll catch up later. Thank you and good to see new faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  4. #19
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    54
    T/M
    Elf - The Mystic
    Elf - The Mystic
    Elf - The Mystic

    Halfling - The Rogue
    Halfling - The Rogue
    Halfling - The Rogue
    Faery - The Rogue

    Faery - The Heretic
    Faery - The Heretic
    Faery - The Heretic


    Squadron 1
    Orc - The Tactician
    Orc - The Tactician
    Orc - The Tactician
    Avian - The Undead
    Avian - The Undead
    Avian - The Undead
    Avian - The Paladin


    Squadron 2
    Human - The Warrior
    Human - The Warrior
    Human - The Warrior
    Orc - The Paladin
    Dwarf - The War Hero
    Dwarf - The War Hero
    Dwarf - The War Hero
    Halfling - The Paladin

  5. #20
    Forum Addict RattleHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,245
    Glad to see so many participate!

    I won't read much now because I want to play as well, and I don't want to be influenced... I'll get around soonish once I have some time!

  6. #21
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Glad to see so many participate!

    I won't read much now because I want to play as well, and I don't want to be influenced... I'll get around soonish once I have some time!
    Cool. I'm having writers block on theme. I already did spices once so I was going to do cities/capitals of the world in accordance with a 5 division GMT array; though I'm sure I'd forget somebodies favorite city and they'd attack me with multis forever.

    "Y'UNS FORGOT TUSCALOOSA, YAH YELLA' BUCKEYE YANKEE! ROLL TIDE!"

    PS MeIkor squadrons remind me of Brian Blessed:Prince Vultan yelling "Dive!"
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-11-2018 at 21:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  7. #22
    Forum Addict RattleHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,245
    HQ
    2 Elf Mystic
    Faery Mystic
    Faery Rogue
    2 Halfling Rogue
    Faery Heretic

    Support
    Avian Paladin
    Halfling Paladin
    Orc Paladin
    Elf Tactician

    Warrior Spearhead
    Human Warrior
    Dwarf Warrior
    Avian Warrior
    Orc War Hero

    Assault
    Avian War Hero
    Orc Tactician
    Elf Heretic

    Undead Spearhead
    Human Undead
    Dwarf Undead
    Avian Undead
    Human War Hero

    Assault
    Dwarf War Hero
    Human Tactician
    Dwarf Heretic
    Last edited by RattleHead; 26-11-2018 at 22:06.

  8. #23
    Forum Addict RattleHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,245
    ...and here is the top25 picks KD


  9. #24
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,800
    Thank you, RattleHead, for both submissions. The top 25 list helps in choosing leverage if one has a patient kingdom.

    I've been exploring some asymmetric divisions myself, though the holiday weekend made it difficult to hammer out.

    @ All. I'm taking my time to familiarize myself with all the build submissions. Even if some strats may seem to have topical inefficiencies I like to think on them to enlighten myself on hidden alternatives. Like finding plutonium by accident ;) it's about the builds in motion.

    I'm recalling the moment in the old Jason and the Argonauts when the colossus statue of Talos turned his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  10. #25
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by BigShotFancyMan View Post
    Thanks for making a rookie feel welcomed! I'll see if I do this right:

    Avian-Warrior
    Avian-Warrior
    Avian-Warrior
    Avian-War Hero

    Dwarf-War Hero
    Dwarf-War Hero
    Dwarf-War Hero
    Dwarf-Heretic

    Orc-Paladin
    Orc-Undead
    Orc-Undead
    Orc-Warrior

    Elf-Heretic
    Elf-Mystic
    Elf-Mystic
    Elf-War Hero

    Faery-Mystic
    Faery-Heretic
    Faery-Rogue


    Halfling-Rogue
    Halfling-Rogue
    Halfling-Paladin

    Human-Tactician
    Human-Tactician
    Human-Tactician


    From a noob player, I chose humans last because I'd prefer to not run them lol. I originally had Avian as Tacticians, but after adding humans I thought Hu/Ta is better in this Virtual Kingdom. To help coordinate waves I chose Avians to be Warrior. Or/Un for plague and compliments racials. I really like Or/Pa as a cute draft soldiers almost free and throw at drakes. Criticize/critique this build to help me learn a thing or two.
    I'm on a short break, but I'll start. To my eye I find nothing wrong, other than a missing undead, but that's not really a point of critique. You have solid understanding from what I see.

    Dwarf war hero is capable of churning out productive acres at an astonishing rate. This feature is widely ignored in that an organized kingdom could ape some aspects of cowing in war. All it takes is two stage thinking. Many of the same resources we use to fund and fight dragons could be pressed toward buffing these war heroes. Why? Because they can WS and build in 6 ticks free. If the dwarves then exercised relay taps(return time divided by generals) off elliptical heretic NM runs you'd have fluid acre intake. Follow up with nominal aid so resource accumulation wouldn't be lost to enemy micro.

    My break is over.

    Anyway, my approach to strategy is based in maliable tactic packs. While I feel chaining is an effective regional tactic, it is a brittle theater macro. If your opponent is superior in chain vs chain execution then there must be a plan B. While pure UBs are the most valued asset we can imagine virtual UBs based in resource cardiovascularity. These aren't individual provinces as much as a push-pull network that moves zero sum resources to center leverage where desired. Sometimes this is an excercise of strength vs enemy strength and other times a surge vs enemy weakness.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-11-2018 at 21:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  11. #26
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm on a short break, but I'll start. To my eye I find nothing wrong, other than a missing undead, but that's not really a point of critique. You have solid understanding from what I see.

    Dwarf war hero is capable of churning out productive acres at an astonishing rate. This feature is widely ignored in that an organized kingdom could ape some aspects of cowing in war. All it takes is two stage thinking. Many of the same resources we use to fund and fight dragons could be pressed toward buffing these war heroes. Why? Because they can WS and build in 6 ticks free. If the dwarves then exercised relay taps(return time divided by generals) off elliptical heretic NM runs you'd have fluid acre intake. Follow up with nominal aid so resource accumulation wouldn't be lost to enemy micro.

    My break is over.

    Anyway, my approach to strategy is based in maliable tactic packs. While I feel chaining is an effective regional tactic, it is a brittle theater macro. If your opponent is superior in chain vs chain execution then there must be a plan B. While pure UBs are the most valued asset we can imagine virtual UBs based in resource cardiovascularity. These aren't individual provinces as much as a push-pull network that moves zero sum resources to center leverage where desired. Sometimes this is an excercise of strength vs enemy strength and other times a surge vs enemy weakness.
    Personally I prefer a Dwarf with a personality that has a guild bonus, being Dwarves not building towers is wasteful (basically Mystic/Heretic/Paladin/Rogue)


    Some of my thoughts echo's your thoughts..... yet some diverges:
    My preference for attackers
    Durability: sustain offense/def - if it be TPA to block intel & dmg ops, WPA to prevent FB and dmg spells, Def to prevent getting hit, having right buildings for attack with high BE, not losing much troops on att/def, or training to replace or overtake your prior off/def
    Attack speed: Unless it is an alpha striker wild card, all attackers needs to match attack speed with each other - so if you have Avians, I prefer to not mix it up with another race unless you pair the other one with a Tact or go heavy on barracks on the non-avians.
    Stealth/Mana personalities/races - I see unused stealth/mana as a waste so i tend to have a heavy preference for attackers to have a T/M personality instead of an attacker personality. while T/M races into attacker personalities. I dont see having max off so high that you cant use it all and have to oversend to keep them from getting hit at home useful (a waste in my opinion), which the extra pez goes into pumping either TPA/WPA instead.

    I agree pack tactics is vital in strategy which lies more on the leadership, and less so on the lineup side has some relation but in the grand scheme of things leadership takes the cake.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 28-11-2018 at 18:22.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

  12. #27
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Personally I prefer a Dwarf with a personality that has a guild bonus, being Dwarves not building towers is wasteful (basically Mystic/Heretic/Paladin/Rogue)


    Some of my thoughts echo's your thoughts..... yet some diverges:
    My preference for attackers
    Durability: sustain offense/def - if it be TPA to block intel & dmg ops, WPA to prevent FB and dmg spells, Def to prevent getting hit, having right buildings for attack with high BE, not losing much troops on att/def, or training to replace or overtake your prior off/def
    Attack speed: Unless it is an alpha striker wild card, all attackers needs to match attack speed with each other - so if you have Avians, I prefer to not mix it up with another race unless you pair the other one with a Tact or go heavy on barracks on the non-avians.
    Stealth/Mana personalities/races - I see unused stealth/mana as a waste so i tend to have a heavy preference for attackers to have a T/M personality instead of an attacker personality. while T/M races into attacker personalities. I dont see having max off so high that you cant use it all and have to oversend to keep them from getting hit at home useful (a waste in my opinion), which the extra pez goes into pumping either TPA/WPA instead.

    I agree pack tactics is vital in strategy which lies more on the leadership, and less so on the lineup side has some relation but in the grand scheme of things leadership takes the cake.
    Thank you.

    Maybe I can reflect on my past to give perspective. I consider my builds charmingly archaic, but even my semi-ghetto monarchs have ordered me to change strats and I've had friends cuss me out after seeing my survey intel. It's funny to me because I feel perfectly province-fit and I do fine in and out of war. I specifically remember the reaction when guys saw my undead cleric with hospitals and GS with no TGs or stables. My traditional war readiness is switching something(banks) to WTs and the only reason I look at enemy kingdom pages before war is if someone asks. I'm not really defensive minded as much as having durability OCD.

    My personal tactics seem awkward when written, but I do relay taps, train thieves because MS don't hit them, and have released these same thieves for a self generated soldier block. In reference to undead cleric I'd plunder tap in war since I couldn't steal and notably used nw zone hyjinx to resist chaining.

    As much as I enjoy my style I equally enjoy seeing how the other half lives. Once I got to adopt Maxin of Mythos's dwarf rogue; a real honor deviner. It was gleamingly flawless compared to my train wreck builds. It was conceptually complete and honed for execution. My builds are like digging through junk till you find a screwdriver for a good knife.

    The fact is we need players, like yourself, to crystalize ideas into working art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  13. #28
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    307
    My comment is more in general, it is physically impossible to do everything at once. Just random ideas and thoughts and preferences to my comment above.

    But yea Ideas is only theory, it is the player which make it possible.... like you said into art. And one person cannot do it, does not mean another person cannot not do it.

    TBH, most monarchs locked into a single viewpoint build, and once someone different comes along they reject it being they dont know how to play it, and if it is another kingdom that has it in a war then they fail to provide an answer to that build being they think only their current viewpoints.


    also I want to try a Elven build with 20-25% Hospitals that I saw in a prior age... though I dont remember if it was a cleric or warrior.... been too long... maybe it was you that I nabbed the Survey from.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 29-11-2018 at 19:38.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

  14. #29
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    ...and here is the top25 picks KD
    u have halfing war hero as hybrid.....i have 1/4 of them in the game in my kd and you are classifying it wrong. halfling war hero is a attacker

  15. #30
    Forum Addict RattleHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,245
    you can say the same for Fae WH really... i just have a simple check that makes the definition, basically if race if fae, elf, or halfer and any attacker perso, and vice versa, itll get tagged 'hyb' ...

    I am actually playing one too, would definitely call myself an attacker first as well, but there are some options for opping along the way, too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •