Thread: Science update

Strategy Moderator

Science update

anyone do any of the calculations yet?

I did a quick look at production science and would "Guess" we went to power series formula. 200k books puts up at 94%, 400k puts u at 114% which seems decently reasonable.

Thanks for the post I was wondering what was happening since sqrt wasn't giving me same multiplayer.

Are you sure the multiplayer for production isn't around 1.627? With your mod 1.647196 I get higher results.
    Last edited by Bo To; 20-11-2018 at 16:00.

Enthusiast
    2 plus 2 is 4, minus 1 that's 3 quick maths!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Thanks for the post I was wondering what was happening since sqrt wasn't giving me same multiplayer.

Are you sure the multiplayer for production isn't around 1.627? With your mod 1.647196 I get higher results.
    no i just did 0, 800, 1600 books for production and lined up a few more at 0, 100, xxx books. and fit a few lines. im sure there is rounding off that makes my numbers off but this "Form" of equation seemed to give numbers that i would expect and a relationship that is effectively a cube root. Figured i'd toss it out there so others could start talking

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    no i just did 0, 800, 1600 books for production and lined up a few more at 0, 100, xxx books. and fit a few lines. im sure there is rounding off that makes my numbers off but this "Form" of equation seemed to give numbers that i would expect and a relationship that is effectively a cube root. Figured i'd toss it out there so others could start talking

Any good calcs on this yet?

I didn't want to start another new thread, so I'm posting these questions here:

1. How do I get more scientists?
    2. Is there any way I can impact how quickly they upgrade from recruits?
    3. Which of the science buildings (lab/schools/universities) are most effective for increasing science gain?

Quote Originally Posted by shreefe View Post

3. Which of the science buildings (lab/schools/universities) are most effective for increasing science gain?
    Are you trolling? If not...

https://utopia-game.com/guide/science/

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ience_Formulas
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

I was not trolling. I did not find the description in the guide informative. I will refer to the wiki from now on rather than making posts.

Enthusiast
    The wiki is a little tricky to get around. Sometimes the most basic of all information takes time to search because of how the data has been stored :(

Do not be disheartened by the responses you get here. You can keep asking away and fellow utopians will help out if they can.

I was not trolling. I did not find the description in the guide informative. I will refer to the wiki from now on rather than making posts.
    Dont get so disheartened snowflake...was just a question...and i provided help
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend

You're fine. The wiki is pretty awful if you don't already understand the game pretty well, and even then it can be hard to find what you're looking for. It's great for data as you get better at the game, but that's about it.

1. Revelation spell, and labs are the only way to get more scientists. Use labs carefully. If you're prepping for war, or IN war....your kingdom will probably not appreciate you running labs (unless you're super efficient).
    2. The only way to upgrade them faster is to use schools. This causes them to generate more points per hour, which accelerates their ability to reach the milestones. Not really worth doing this for the sole purpose of upgrading them faster...the benefits are small. Later in the age when labs become less useful (You've already got 20-30 scientists and getting them a tiny bit faster doesn't pay off in the long run) then schools shine...because they're increasing your generation from a large pool of scientists. Having new ones upgrade faster is just a side benefit, nothing more.
    3. See #2. Labs early age, schools late age. Unis are very niche -- not really worth using unless you are a juicy science target.

Post Fiend
    Also, don't get disheartened by the responses in this forum at all, ever. I didn't think the one above referring to the wiki was that bad, but it did show a bit of ignorance to the fact that you have 7 posts ever including this thread and for all we know you may have started yesterday.

Quite frankly, that was decent compared to some of the people in this forum. Realize that you're playing a game that revolves around math and it attracts a certain sort of person...there are some awesome, helpful, friendly people in these forums. But there are also people with severe egomania, people who lack any sort of social skills, and people who are downright miserable....the fact that they're surrounded by other people with similar traits compounds the issue, because they are either at each-other's throats for years on end or they group up like hyenas. And remember that when you run into trolls in the game also -- because those same people are out there in kingdoms somewhere. If you land in a kingdom full of them, just defect until you find your "people". It's a great game, and if you give it a chance you'll be stuck playing it for years. :)

Thread Information