Thread: Understanding EOWCF

Understanding EOWCF

Hey all,

I’m very new to Utopia and enjoying it. I used to play similar games to Utopia back when it was super popular and wanted to get back into it again after not playing forever.

Anyway - I’m trying to understand EOWCF as a whole and what I can/can’t do.

I understand it gives everyone a chance to rebuild, stock up on resources, finally gain back your stealth/mana, and probably for once get a couple good nights sleep after all those 3am waves. A good chance for everyone to lick their wounds.

But besides waiting around accumulating stuff - what can I do outside of that? Can I start gathering intel on other KDs and stealing stuff again? I know that typically you don’t attack people in war, but why? Is it not possible, not worth it, or just frowned upon?

Same question but for attacking people who are probably in EOWCF. With all those resources just piling up, they’d make awesome rob ops targets? Is it good to start looking at those people and start robbing them?

I haven’t attempted doing this yet - but wanting to know if it’s something can be done?

Also - do people typically take the full 96 hours? What are the pros/cons? I would think newly finished eowcf KDs are perfect for robbing - though probably very healthy troopwise

Post Fiend
    The Provinces in your Kingdom and other personal alliances are your "friends" ... every single other Province is a target to be destroyed - hitting and opping into EOWCFs and even active Wars is a good time to hurt others.
    It is frowned upon ... but not by all. You may find that within this game, ways of playing exist that are effective and yet not mainstream... it seem to me that most Kingdoms do indeed ride out their full EOWCF time

Post Fiend
    PS welcome to the game

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    The Provinces in your Kingdom and other personal alliances are your "friends" ... every single other Province is a target to be destroyed - hitting and opping into EOWCFs and even active Wars is a good time to hurt others.
    It is frowned upon ... but not by all. You may find that within this game, ways of playing exist that are effective and yet not mainstream... it seem to me that most Kingdoms do indeed ride out their full EOWCF time
    Thanks! Been really enjoying this game! It’s a blast from the past that is still exciting today.

That’s kinda what I wanted to hear...

Others in my province had mentioned that if you attack someone who is warring or attack while in EOWCF that your returns are a lot lower? Is that true too? Are there penalties or at least lower returns for hitting a kingdom who is warring someone else or attacking while in EOWCF?

I couldn’t find anything on the Wiki regarding this kind of situation.

Strategy Moderator
    other than that u get 25% gains into/out of war/eowcf. typically eowcf thus means rebuilding/recouping/exploring (deep chained people) and that sleep. I will note to when intelling out of war you need to send 50% of your tpa instead of 10%. just in case u wanna keep looking around at people.

fyi..
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Relations
    -75% Gains and Effectiveness for operations to and from other Kingdoms (this fades in from war start)
    Last edited by Persain; 26-11-2018 at 15:46.

Yeah the -75% gains hitting into a war or hitting out of war is the biggest deterrent...makes it unfeasible to hit fat provinces for land.

However it is not unheard of to be plundered near the end of the EOWCF when some provinces in kingdoms down the charts stock too much GC...-75% of 10m GC is still 2.5m
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Thanks! I saw those war effects in the Wiki - but since there was a separate Cease Fire effects, I didn’t think those same ones applied.

I’ve noticed that everyone has just been hoarding GC - and figured everyone else is probably doing that and why not check it out! Thanks!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhavez View Post
    Thanks! I saw those war effects in the Wiki - but since there was a separate Cease Fire effects, I didn’t think those same ones applied.

I’ve noticed that everyone has just been hoarding GC - and figured everyone else is probably doing that and why not check it out! Thanks!
    I'll just also note, that if you plunder or attack someone in who is in EOWCF (or war), it is really going to piss them off. Same with robbing or doing other ops, so be ready to face consequences if you decide to do that. I will say this is generally frowned upon. EOWCF is fun in my opinion planning when to start drafting, figuring out how deep you can draft and train, how much to grow and have enough gcs to train/build everything. I consider it fun in a less action packed sense. It's more planning than doing, but small changes can make a big difference in what your province looks like coming out of EOWCF.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Just to echo what luke3 said, you can do it but be prepared for the consequences because really this is not something that is done. You can but the unofficial rule is that you don't.

Thread Information