Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: This relations system is so bad it should be changed mid age

  1. #16
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    because the whole system can be tweaked and the current place is a good starting point. lets say it goes to 24 and 72 before auto cf? then ops might even need to move the meter more than they do right now. Alternatively if it were to go to 3 and 12 for a 24 hour cf, maybe we move it down so that ops almost do nothing to the meter, and if u get pissed as the aggressor u should rewave. I repeat as far as i can tell the point was to move to a system that could be balanced going onwards and this age hasnt been THAT bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    I don't know who you ghetto noobs are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for free acres, I can tell you I don't have any for you... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for noobs like you. If you CF now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will razekill you.

  2. #17
    I like to post KuhaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tracy, california
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    because the whole system can be tweaked and the current place is a good starting point. lets say it goes to 24 and 72 before auto cf? then ops might even need to move the meter more than they do right now. Alternatively if it were to go to 3 and 12 for a 24 hour cf, maybe we move it down so that ops almost do nothing to the meter, and if u get pissed as the aggressor u should rewave. I repeat as far as i can tell the point was to move to a system that could be balanced going onwards and this age hasnt been THAT bad.

    I'd point out that


    my kd is in the bottom half of kds and we've had zero issues with constant botomfeeding for cfs and when looking around my size i see litteraly 75% of kds in war so i'd guess this system hasnt been that bad for kds who like to war.
    Yea everyone is at war.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly



    My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

    Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

  3. #18
    Postaholic DonJuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    901
    1 fix to relation system (before i make an official suggestion):

    Remove the 3 day-wait after OFFENSIVE attacks for the defending KD...

    The main reason for this would be to give defending KD a minor benefit in a situation that would be all bad if they just keeled over and took it.

    Consider even typical OOW scenarios where 2 different KDs can wave a juicy KD nearly at the same time (cuz every leader always forgets to check a target's SN).

    Anyone can just say declare and get big/small...but it doesnt address or give any strategy except cut and run.

    Why not keep the "defending KDs to Auto CF after 3 days once an aggressor reaches hostile" BUT REMOVE the other 3-day wait if the defending KD retaliates via military attacks.

    This allows ANY defending KD to strategically recouperate land from a big 12-18 wave and may also serve as a deterrent for big KDs to tax smaller KDs for free CFs.

    Aggressive KDs would have to reconsider the easier target and would fair best choosing a target more likely to war (stronger KD) or to broker an agreement to propose war.


    If you run likely scenarios...aggressor KDs would be forced to do FULL WAVES (15-20 hits) if they wanted an element of surprise...but the defending KD would only have 3 hours...have 12 hits and NO T/M OPS before they lose their free Auto-CF (if they did any more than that...they would give up button & be screwed)

    Doing that would subside ghetto revolts against new relation system by giving defending KDs a small advantage in a situation that would be a 100% loss.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 14-12-2018 at 17:23.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery; Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."
    -DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King

    The Tactical Technical Institute | WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

    Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)



  4. #19
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Try to win then. You play. To win. The game.

    Having a game with only one or two people trying to win it is silly. Incentives for being on top are inherently good.
    Per usual your scope of thought is narrow. Some play for size, others for honor or WWs and still others just to goof around and have fun. This game has no win condition beyond the goals one sets for them self. However sense you play for land you see that as the goal everyone should share and support a change that stagnates the rest of the game while rewarding the few who share your sentiments.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

    Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

  5. #20
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    56
    Game's going down the crapper because the devs only listen to a small number of voices on changes. The game needs to evolve so it's for the many and not the few!

  6. #21
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Game's going down the crapper because the devs only listen to a small number of voices on changes. The game needs to evolve so it's for the many and not the few!
    Or it could be that there are a small number that disagree with the changes, but because you're one of them you think that there are more of you than there really is.

    The current devs haven't hit home runs with every change. They've made some big mistakes, and even had to backpedal some changes. But this team is *light years* ahead of the last team. The game as it is has some real flaws, but it's at least 3 times more fun than it was before they bought it when the prior devs just mailed it in age after age.

  7. #22
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    Or it could be that there are a small number that disagree with the changes, but because you're one of them you think that there are more of you than there really is.

    The current devs haven't hit home runs with every change. They've made some big mistakes, and even had to backpedal some changes. But this team is *light years* ahead of the last team. The game as it is has some real flaws, but it's at least 3 times more fun than it was before they bought it when the prior devs just mailed it in age after age.
    I call bs.
    #magi

  8. #23
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,734
    Well its not hard to be "lightyears" ahead of the previous owners cause they just kept the game alive :P But I doubt many would agree the game is 3 times more fun now days than previously.

  9. #24
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Well its not hard to be "lightyears" ahead of the previous owners cause they just kept the game alive :P But I doubt many would agree the game is 3 times more fun now days than previously.
    That's true. I think this game used to be a lot more fun. Though I'd mainly chalk that up to the shrinking player base, not really mechanics or balance changes. If you put the previous owners in charge now I think the decline would be steeper. These guys at least seem like they are trying, even if we disagree with their decisions a lot of times.

  10. #25
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    That's true. I think this game used to be a lot more fun. Though I'd mainly chalk that up to the shrinking player base, not really mechanics or balance changes. If you put the previous owners in charge now I think the decline would be steeper. These guys at least seem like they are trying, even if we disagree with their decisions a lot of times.
    Yea or at least thats the case for me the larger playerbase than anything else.

  11. #26
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    56
    Is Caelum David C's mommy? What a little pet. The majority of the existing player case are against the game's move to a PC friendly environment so stop being a liberal snowflake and get with the game.

  12. #27
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,017
    Lol wtf you talking about?

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    11
    Since when can you say **** in the forum?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •