Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This relations system is so bad it should be changed mid age

Post Fiend

This relations system is so bad it should be changed mid age

Title says it all. This game is never ending bottom feed wave and forced cf. Whoever though ops affecting hostile meter was a good idea should dig themselves a hole and die in it.
    Last edited by mordon44; 02-12-2018 at 14:06.

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mordon44 View Post
    Title says it all. This game is never ending bottom feed wave and forced cf. Whoever though ops affecting hostile meter was a good idea should dig themselves a hole and die in it.
    Yeah it's bad unless you are at the top. There is now zero reason for a bigger KD to not hit down for free land.

Post Demon
    could be more diplomatic, but agree with the changes beeing bad.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thumbs up

Gotta just stay small and war other small people.

Funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Have to agree. I thought the whole point of the changes was to stop both a) smaller kds to refuse to cf and just sit back and op and slow down the aggressor kd for weeks even after the aggressor cant get any gains from them or b) bigger kds to keep hitting and bullying smaller kds for weeks.

With the forced CFs available for either kds the whole meter points from ops is pointless. A smaller kd being waved can force a 72h cf after 3 hours and an aggressor kd after 24h of no hits, effectively stopping any kd to drag out the conflict into absurdum.

So why then is meter points for ops needed?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    Have to agree. I thought the whole point of the changes was to stop both a) smaller kds to refuse to cf and just sit back and op and slow down the aggressor kd for weeks even after the aggressor cant get any gains from them or b) bigger kds to keep hitting and bullying smaller kds for weeks.

With the forced CFs available for either kds the whole meter points from ops is pointless. A smaller kd being waved can force a 72h cf after 3 hours and an aggressor kd after 24h of no hits, effectively stopping any kd to drag out the conflict into absurdum.

The only flaw in your logic is that the aggressor kd won't have the option to CF unless the defender kd pushes the meter up, which they usually won't do? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here

Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    The only flaw in your logic is that the aggressor kd won't have the option to CF unless the defender kd pushes the meter up, which they usually won't do? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here

- "An aggressor Kingdom can enter into a 72 hour unbreakable Cease-Fire with a defending Kingdom if the aggressor has not made military attacks for at least 24 ticks"

I interpret that as if you wave someone to hostile and they only retal to unfriendly or only do some ops to not give relations at all, you can enter a 72h cf if you hold attacks for 24h? I mean since either kd can declare if both are hostile it seems very dumb if both need to be hostile for the aggressor to be able to force cf
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

If you think of it that way:

If a defending KDs retals an aggressive KDs...the aggressive KD can just wave again before auto CFing (that is if people wanted to be dicks).

It would put pressure on the defending KD monarch to auto CF every incoming wave.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 04-12-2018 at 03:05.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Totally agree with this.
    #magi

Sir Postalot
    Try to win then. You play. To win. The game.

Having a game with only one or two people trying to win it is silly. Incentives for being on top are inherently good.

News Correspondent
    Alternative option to CF. Declare up and win

Post Demon
    as if that was possible, people simply hit down 20% rather than go for someone in range. Most of the time the agressor in such a conflict don't even commit to trying to get a war since all they are after are a few free acres or books.

If you wave 20% smaller then you should not be entitled to a free cf and protection from ops.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Strategy Moderator

because the whole system can be tweaked and the current place is a good starting point. lets say it goes to 24 and 72 before auto cf? then ops might even need to move the meter more than they do right now. Alternatively if it were to go to 3 and 12 for a 24 hour cf, maybe we move it down so that ops almost do nothing to the meter, and if u get pissed as the aggressor u should rewave. I repeat as far as i can tell the point was to move to a system that could be balanced going onwards and this age hasnt been THAT bad.

I'd point out that
    my kd is in the bottom half of kds and we've had zero issues with constant botomfeeding for cfs and when looking around my size i see litteraly 75% of kds in war so i'd guess this system hasnt been that bad for kds who like to war.
    Last edited by Persain; 07-12-2018 at 10:51.

I agree there, the forced CF system makes it unnecessary.

Thread Information