Thread: Equestrianism

Post Fiend

Equestrianism

New science category.

Boosts the rate that stables can produce new horses. This will help to prep for war earlier, as well as give a slight boost when horses are stolen or lost in battle.

This would not be a game breaking science by any means, but would definitely prove useful for attackers.

Animal Husbandry?

Post Fiend
    This suggestion gets my tick of approval...

Regular
    This sounds good, but rather than a new science, I'd prefer if this ability was baked into an existing one.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Animal Husbandry?
    That sounds much better than equestrianism haha.

Post Demon
    my little pony science yay.... or maybe nay
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Veteran
    Interesting idea. Add "Chivalry" under military science that boosts horse stats--would have to be a small boost, probably scaling like Cunning.

Regular
    +1 for Chivalry. Increased horse production & strength

other than production what would you buff? changing the off seems a bit much to me, maybe stable capacity would be better

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    other than production what would you buff? changing the off seems a bit much to me, maybe stable capacity would be better
    aye, stable capacity. I couldn't think of anything better than direct offense power increase. Stable capacity could accomplish the same.

Veteran
    A very minor buff to horse strength would not be terrible. If it scaled the same as Strategy, you'd get like a 20% increase practical max, so horses would be around 2.4.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    A very minor buff to horse strength would not be terrible. If it scaled the same as Strategy, you'd get like a 20% increase practical max, so horses would be around 2.4.
    If I can remember correctly without the wiki, horse NW is tied to power just like specs.
    There is a problem with both approaches, because horses are the 2nd best unit in the game (next to prisoners) in terms of offense/NW value.

If you increase their strength without increasing net worth, then that gap widens and they become too powerful.
    If you increase capacity, then you maintain the same value ratio; but at a lower cost in real estate. I'm not running any numbers here, but if you add that extra land to TGs then you may end up with the same result as the first option...with the added benefit of making your *other* troops stronger as well.

I don't think I like either of these options.

If you want to add something to the science beyond an increase in the generation of horses, then I'd keep it to being a resource thing. Either reduce the number of horses lost in attacks, or provide a defense against the "steal horses" op. These both synergize with the original idea (giving attackers a way to keep their stables full) without causing horses to become even more powerful than they already are.

Veteran
    The networth value of the science has to be factored in, but it's a good point.

agriculture- boost to food and horse production and max capacity
    industry- boost to building efficiency and rune production

I feel like this would make sense and be easy enough to implement. as sciences I mean.

Thread Information