Thread: Kingdom Wall

Kingdom Wall

This was posted by DonJuan in a recruitment thread ( I don't want to side track that thread) and got me thinking

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post

*SNIP*

We will definitely kill people off if they are inactive...we would run 15 players if needed with the wall up (have done it)

*SNIP*
    Now I'm seriously thinking about doing this, putting up the wall for a limited time and just killing off all the inactives.
    But the way this was posted it seemed to be a drastic action ........

We aren't getting fresh blood in at the minute so I'm wondering why would it be seen as a drastic action ?

I'm sick of inactives popping up to be followed by another inactive I just want to clean out the kingdom and get them all running in the same direction.

So in a nutshell the question is ..... is activating the Kingdom wall a last ditch action something really drastic to do ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

No, i would use it all the time if i was ghettoing around, want to control the flow of people into the kingdom. But when you are like below certain size of people you dont need the wall you wont get randoms either way.

20% of wages is remarkably miniscule if it means saving player's troops from killing off inactives and loss of use due to the armies being out on those razes

i learned to live with it thanks to my old of my KD's leaders
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    Walls seem worth it in my experience thus far... if in a ghetto...

Strategy Moderator
    hurlin its only drastic if u arent trying to "build' a kd. if i was trying to form a new kd i would 100% want to know all my new players and make sure all are active even if it meant a 2+ age recruitment process.

I'm not "building" a kingdom those days are well and truly over but I'm helping out as much as I can
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Demon
    definally would have saved a few of my former kingdoms, but the wall was not arround back then. Last in a ghetto I simply waited til we had like 8 abandonned before deleting all, was not a kingdom building strategy but then we was all randoms, so wall would not have helped as there was no core. Got filled up again with the mass deletion, so wall would have been better.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thread Information