Thread: Average Opponent Relative Size

Average Opponent Relative Size

Let this work as it does now at War declare, but also recalculate this figure with every Out of War(OOW) hit.

-War declare is based on; Enemy KD NW : Own KD NW
    ---hits made inside the confines of War relations would not have further effect.

-Hits from War to outside KDs, as well as any other hits that are not into a KD you are at War with;
    ---will recalculate the 'Average Opponent Relative Size' figure based on; Target KD Avg NW : Own KD Avg NW

... or something like that

Veteran
    I think you'll have to explain the point of this for anyone to understand what you're getting at. Why OOW hits?

KDs who repeatedly go back to the well on smaller targets (bottomfeed) will have their warscore nerfed by something like this. For KDs who just want to grow they can just eat the penalty, for KDs who want to war, it should encourage them to wave 'up' more than currently.

Post Fiend
    Maybe in concept this is more difficult than it would be in practice, but it seems like it'd be tough to figure out the effect of hitting a smaller (or larger) kingdom. Also, that means waving up would essentially raise your war score? Seems like it might be abuse-able.

If the only point is to discourage bottom feeding, I'd rather adjust the gains outside of optimal range... that seems like a better way to me.

I wish people would abuse it that way... especially now that either KD can declare at Hostile. It would be a risky proposition to attempt to abuse this for war score, I would think, albeit effective as hell if successful.

Sure you can keep it out of declare range on meter, but you are then going to gimp yourself for the retal-war that will follow. You won't be able to op, or attack in return, while the KD you just ticked off goes to town... You probably won't get a lot of Wars, let alone WWs, if your KD is beat up like this throughout the age.

Maybe you can make the -75% protection from War slide in over 24h rather than 12, so that people would also be less tempted to wave to juice up their warscore before hiding in a previously arranged war... Heck, you could remove that protection altogether from KDs you have Unfriendly, or worse, relations with.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 31-12-2018 at 17:58.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I wish people would abuse it that way... especially now that either KD can declare at Hostile. It would be a risky proposition to attempt to abuse this for war score, I would think, albeit effective as hell if successful.

Sure you can keep it out of declare range on meter, but you are then going to gimp yourself for the retal-war that will follow. You won't be able to op, or attack in return, while the KD you just ticked off goes to town... You probably won't get a lot of Wars, let alone WWs, if your KD is beat up like this throughout the age.

Maybe you can make the -75% protection from War slide in over 24h rather than 12, so that people would also be less tempted to wave to juice up their warscore before hiding in a previously arranged war... Heck, you could remove that protection altogether from KDs you have Unfriendly, or worse, relations with.
    Yea true, with the new war mechanic it is harder to abuse. I guess I am not seeing the reason for this new mechanic though, versus just adjusting the gains for kingdom relative networth? It seem like the only point is to discourage bottom feeding, and I don't see why this is better than the simpler solution(s).

Well, that one has been suggested as long as I can remember, maybe something else would stick

Thread Information