Thread: Anonymous Ambush

Post Fiend

Anonymous Ambush

Anonymity:
    Effect: Hides your province name during your next attack at the cost of no honor gains,
    causing the attacked province to be unable to ambush that attack.
    Decreases your attack gains by 15% for your next attack.
    Duration: removed after attack

This effect should be removed from the Ambush attack. Or fixed at the very least. Right now I can ambush a 100 acre hit anonymously for 50 acres; no reduction in gains and no fear of a re-ambush.
    That's a stupid, and pretty broken mechanic. First off, if I ambush you then you know *exactly* who I am, 100% of the time. Anonymity or not. That's just stupid in concept. Then the fact that I *still* get 50% of the acres back, with no 15% reduction in gains makes it even more stupid. There is zero reason to ever ambush a hit without being anonymous. Nothing to lose, no drawbacks, and no repercussions.

Based on the silliness of the idea alone, I think ambush should not take anonymity into account. If the spell is active, simply ignore it and keep it active after an ambush.

Veteran
    Meh. I say let anon hits get ambushed.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Meh. I say let anon hits get ambushed.
    I mean, I'm not 100% against that because I think anon is mostly stupid and 90% of players use it improperly...but doing that would effectively remove it's usefulness from the game entirely.
    And either way, at the very least - according to the way the spell is written...gains from anon ambush should be reduced by 15% and it is not.

Veteran
    It would still force you to figure out who hit you in the first place.

I think anoning bushes is fine, keeps you from ambushing the ambush in situations where that might be advantageous. But I wouldn't be opposed to removing ambush as a mechanic completely.
    And yeah Ambush ignores ALL modifiers, so I think it's fine that that includes ambush as well. So it's not about how the spell is written, it's how ambush is written.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information