Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: now that munk is intergrated in game what to do? pro tip

now that munk is intergrated in game what to do? pro tip

So you log in and find munk bot now known as utobot and its ugly lags the whole browser down etc and you wish it would just go away; what do you do?

you use no script, ublock origin or umatrix browser extensions and blacklist the url intel.utopia-game.com

Edit: If you use ublock origin, that is newer versions of it, on modern versions of Fire Fox and Chrome you can also use ublock origin to block javascript and this will stop the munk overlay in total. Of course you can do these things in no script and umatrix as well but if you use those I assume you have the know how.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 04-02-2019 at 18:51.
    #magi

Yeah this crap make me want to quit playing..
    at least make it possible to disable this crap called Munk

Post Demon
    hope it does not prevent spacing if you post in the forum the way munkbot did, I've had troubles with that all age and had a hard time re adding it after I turned it off every time.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

I just have ask is there reason why we have to get hostile towards third party tools? I understand a desire to provide sane defaults but this goes beyond that. So yes it would be nice if they provide an official in game method to disable this new garbage being forced on us.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 03-02-2019 at 19:22.
    #magi

Regular
    nobody cares about 3rd party addons except the guys trying to sell theirs. if you catch my drift.

i think chad fails to realize that there are tons of people who also play with munkbot but disable many of the features that makes playing on certain older phones.

On another note, Its annoying I think that they went through the trouble of announcing this big change to the game and instead it was just something that most people were already using...so in no way does this really add to the quality of life besides adding a fan-favored race.

More so, it does feel like these changes were just hashed out at the last minute...even down to the munk-implementation (tho the idea of completely changing the game around was well announced).

Also let me remind you that the "intelbot-to-discord" is now a premium feature...so essentially the pay to play is now forever intertwined. Just another shop item those young monarchs who are building their KDs will need to pay in order to make that extra step with a player base so fickle, its like nailing a worm to the wall.

Essentially any new KD that pops up will need to pay for this premium service to be on par with most kingdoms in the server. Lets just hope those kingdoms end up surviving so that you can get your credit's worth from having an intelbot to your discord server channel.

So your dismissive reaction to valid issues made your post meaningless if you catch my drift..
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

What u forget, that kd's like my own, has their own tools, own bot etc, that is no way connected to that Munk fella, that I trust as far as I can throw him. Discord also sucks btw.
    Now its all integrated so Munk will get my intel no matter if I want him to or not. I dont mind that the developers need to get som money to keep game running, but now is almost Pay to play. Mehul is rolling in his coffee grave
    As well as the extra cost etc.
    I would rather pay to get a "clean" utopia experience and not getting munk showed down our throaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Elborracho View Post
    What u forget, that kd's like my own, has their own tools, own bot etc, that is no way connected to that Munk fella, that I trust as far as I can throw him. Discord also sucks btw.
    Now its all integrated so Munk will get my intel no matter if I want him to or not. I dont mind that the developers need to get som money to keep game running, but now is almost Pay to play. Mehul is rolling in his coffee grave
    As well as the extra cost etc.
    I would rather pay to get a "clean" utopia experience and not getting munk showed down our throaths.
    Since he's part of the staff only way for him to not have your intel is not to play.

Besides you don't need a bot play it makes life easier but no way it is pay to play.

Post Fiend
    You dont need bots to do well at Utopia!... but i think these changes are good...

Change is good...well executed changes are betters

i think the big changes were not at all as advertised...but whatever...it is what it is
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    ***.*...>>..**..:...:.>.<<<...**...:.***.*....

Strategy Moderator
    i personally dislike munkbot as far as all the "Extra" stuff goes. if litteraly alll it did was add the intel.utopia-game.com page that was a "intell" tab i'd start learning it...i do like the toggle-able irc/bot feature at the top though and thats welcome as long as its toggle-able. But i still have my old bot, and as far as i can tell the "send intell to own site" isnt being removed so i'll stick with my own bot and remove as much of extra stuff with for now. Will have to watch it as it develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i personally dislike munkbot as far as all the "Extra" stuff goes. if litteraly alll it did was add the intel.utopia-game.com page that was a "intell" tab i'd start learning it...i do like the toggle-able irc/bot feature at the top though and thats welcome as long as its toggle-able. But i still have my old bot, and as far as i can tell the "send intell to own site" isnt being removed so i'll stick with my own bot and remove as much of extra stuff with for now. Will have to watch it as it develops.
    like I said if they want new defaults to be a certain way, fine... but they should provide an in game method to opt out,,,, and if they want to be really pro about it, then opt out of some things and not all things, just as long as you still have the option to just opt out in total.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    You dont need bots to do well at Utopia!... but i think these changes are good...
    That depends on what you mean by "do well"

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Since he's part of the staff only way for him to not have your intel is not to play.

Besides you don't need a bot play it makes life easier but no way it is pay to play.
    You can see why them forcing everyone to use munkbot comes off as them taking something away from those who were using something else, yea?

The efficiency of gathering, storing, and using intel is absolutely a major factor in how good your kingdom is. By forcing kds to pay to use in this in a better interface than the sh*t they just put up, it comes across poorly at least. I agree to some extent it is pay to win. Yes you still have to be good at the game, but it is at least a very big advantage.

Thread Information