Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: now that munk is intergrated in game what to do? pro tip

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibus View Post
    Yes i can understand you might get some a-hole clueless monarch, so what does the new intel site do that stops you changing votes to a different monarch and raze killing the one you had?
    You forgot to mention that in every kingdom at least 10 provinces are maintained by same butt crawler who votes for himself

Only a complete retard see raze killing as solution to your own skilless

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibus View Post
    for me, both as a player and previously when i was monarching OR way back when I was running what essentially is the same as munkbot on an IRC server, I prefer the fact that the bot can not only correlate data for our own kingdom, but can also store and calculate data for our war targets etc.. As a (former) donator to keeping munkbot going and a current gifter of credits to our monarch to ensure we have the new bot linked to our discord I will say this...

The bot itself won't make or break a kingdoms success / failure rate, what it does do is give your kingdoms leadership the abilities to see how the kingdom is situated at any point in time, to see what a potential war targets intel is quickly and be looked at (read that as arranged) is different viewpoints quickly and allows leadership to make a somewhat informed decision of the best strategies to use in an upcoming conflict against said target...

This time saving is substantial compared to the old 'pre bot' ways of doing the same thing.

This time saving gives those of us who lead busy work / social lives a way to enjoy playing Utopia even still after nearly 20 years...

I do appreciate and understand that it's not for everybody and do agree that an option should be there to turn off intel gathering...

To the one person that mentioned civil wars becoming more difficult... Should they even be 'a thing' in a team based game like utopia??? Yes i can understand you might get some a-hole clueless monarch, so what does the new intel site do that stops you changing votes to a different monarch and raze killing the one you had?

I've seen (and done) monarchy changes and removal of problem provinces handled using only in game mail, kingdom forums and so forth before... I see no way that the new bot impacts on that at all...
    All true, and also it really helps in guiding new players or deciding if someone needs razing out.

Also I wonder if this new forcibly mandated munkbot is gonna keep whoring his "please pay me to use functions" crap? It was acceptable when it was a voluntary use but since it's now forced on us then that whoring should also be a thing of the past.

To be clear, I'm not all that opposed to the idea. But munk's integration is jarring, it conflicts with the aesthetics of the game itself and the overlays block things. This was ok when it was a 3rd party tool. But since it's now an official part of the game then both the intel site itself as well as all the buttons and overlays should be themed with the rest of the game and not block/break any functionality in the game.
    Intel coordination/sharing is an important part of utopia and without it the game would be much harder for most people to play, especially on smartphones.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 09-02-2019 at 21:17.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Starlight reflecting off the moon, off the moon and off the earth and then off the moon again ... have you ever seen a moonlit rainbow - i have ... they dont shine in all the usual colours but if the moon is behind you at night and it is raining in front of you ... then curving white lighted arcs shine amid the night sky ... **..<...>.<<<***.* Utopian Lords Jeff and Dave shall undoubtedly endevour to improve the intergration of their robot... as far as interweb games go ... Utopia wins IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Starlight reflecting off the moon, off the moon and off the earth and then off the moon again ... have you ever seen a moonlit rainbow - i have ... they dont shine in all the usual colours but if the moon is behind you at night and it is raining in front of you ... then curving white lighted arcs shine amid the night sky ... **..<...>.<<<***.* Utopian Lords Jeff and Dave shall undoubtedly endevour to improve the intergration of their robot... as far as interweb games go ... Utopia wins IMO...
    A man built his house on quicksand; and endeavored to improve it. Despite all his many years improving it, a large quake happen, and the quicksand consumed the whole building.
    #magi

Thread Information