Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: now that munk is intergrated in game what to do? pro tip

Persian just isn't scaling down in his predictions

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    Truth is opposite from what you are selling, using bots instead of forums for role plAying in a rpg strategy game lead to current state where we have robots and players without any skill to be leaders.

I would even go with this trojan munk and its ugly interface as a new change if sending self intel was not automatic. That ruin the game for me cause it allows stupid people to do stupid things as well as stupid leaders to base my game experience on their programed monotonic gameplay.

Disable automatic self intel sharing and you might considerably boost player base with +1 player instead of loosing another 10 (30) %.
    Taking pride in being clueless?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    Ah the old days of posting your intel in a separate thread in the forums.......

Anyways, but there is the point that you want to keep current player base and attract new player base. Tbh, just a button to allow switching the overlay on and off is good enough for all intents and purposes (no im not talking about the "settings" but an actual button in the main page) which will allow people to enjoy the automated Munk overlay but keep it simple when not using it.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Elitism,

Removing intel sites and bots from the game will actually lead to its demise. Most people have lives that chew up their time and intel sites help minimise impacting that. If you remove these aids then a lot of people, especially actual leaders, would not be willing to play.

Here’s the hot tip, if you have to ask the question of Utopia vs Real life, then it’s likely you’ll be cast into the main role for the second instalment of 40 year old virgin.
    You realize you are arguing something he wasn't suggesting right? He was saying he didn't want to be forced to use munk, lol. He is making the point that bots are necessary or this game sucks. Was a funny read even though you were way off base, lol

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Persain, it takes only a few sheets of paper and some notetaking, maybe even just kd forum... *sigh* you generation y kids...
    yea, it is however, WAAAAY less efficient, and its isn't the part of the game that is fun, at least for a lot of people (you seem to enjoy it for whatever reason). My kd folds within 5 minutes if there are no bots. If you like collecting data manually, by all means go ahead. But the suggestion that it isn't an advantage (using bots) is ludicrous.

Post Fiend
    What an argument: sh33t kingdoms (read - pay to cheat or from the same village) wouldnt be top if they dont use munk bot implemented ingame this age. FFS it is the same to say sh33t is sw33t cause we say so.

Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    You realize you are arguing something he wasn't suggesting right? He was saying he didn't want to be forced to use munk, lol. He is making the point that bots are necessary or this game sucks. Was a funny read even though you were way off base, lol
    You caught me, to be honest I have heard this argument (intel/bot arguement) so many times by people who reject the unfamiliar over the years that I instinctively stopped reading early and assumed I knew the rest.

I do not own the game but I have played in the same kd as the Devs a fair bit over the years and I can confidently say that intel sites/bots are here to stay. The benefits of kd wide organisation outweighs the occasional whine about them.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    I can confidently say that intel sites/bots are here to stay..
    Not me, I dont share own intel, use munk or discord.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Ah the old days of posting your intel in a separate thread in the forums.......

Anyways, but there is the point that you want to keep current player base and attract new player base. Tbh, just a button to allow switching the overlay on and off is good enough for all intents and purposes (no im not talking about the "settings" but an actual button in the main page) which will allow people to enjoy the automated Munk overlay but keep it simple when not using it.
    This.
    #magi

I think it should be optional as well. Why are we not being allowed to chose whether or not we want to use it? I think the concept is brilliant, but it should still be a feature we chose to use, not forced to use. For those that I know will say it is optional you dont have to play the game. You are right I don't, I chose to and have chosen to a very long time, just think this should be a choice as well.
    Last edited by Aphrodite the first; 07-02-2019 at 02:52.

Post Fiend
    It is perhaps generally less efficient, yet it depends how it is done ... it can be done to even a higher efficiency ... the bots dont have room for extra information regarding Provinces ... if the bots help Monarchs and Stewards (and others) manage - they will find no room for notes such as - isnt a team player, sick next week, going on holiday so cant log in, this player will need aid soon ... it isnt completey informative ... but they are indeed useful ... but to say they are considered necessary is false... ... Civil Wars just became harder to attempt...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 07-02-2019 at 06:43. Reason: That information is classified...

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Persain, it takes only a few sheets of paper and some notetaking, maybe even just kd forum... *sigh* you generation y kids...
    If people wanted to play with pen and paper, they would still be home in their moms basement playing D & D. Or I guess some still are....

This is a computer game, people dont want to use a hammer and a chisle to calculate things.

Post Fiend
    The ability to self calculate is an important one... i dont do d and d myself as it was slightly before my time ... i do do whf (not aos!) and wh40k though... the game was made without bots and being reliant on them may be a downfall, has there ever even been an Age where the intel bots worked fluent? Angel, pimp, shrimp, upoopu, munk...

Post Fiend
    And its my dads garden shed, not my mums basement!

for me, both as a player and previously when i was monarching OR way back when I was running what essentially is the same as munkbot on an IRC server, I prefer the fact that the bot can not only correlate data for our own kingdom, but can also store and calculate data for our war targets etc.. As a (former) donator to keeping munkbot going and a current gifter of credits to our monarch to ensure we have the new bot linked to our discord I will say this...

The bot itself won't make or break a kingdoms success / failure rate, what it does do is give your kingdoms leadership the abilities to see how the kingdom is situated at any point in time, to see what a potential war targets intel is quickly and be looked at (read that as arranged) is different viewpoints quickly and allows leadership to make a somewhat informed decision of the best strategies to use in an upcoming conflict against said target...

This time saving is substantial compared to the old 'pre bot' ways of doing the same thing.

This time saving gives those of us who lead busy work / social lives a way to enjoy playing Utopia even still after nearly 20 years...

I do appreciate and understand that it's not for everybody and do agree that an option should be there to turn off intel gathering...

To the one person that mentioned civil wars becoming more difficult... Should they even be 'a thing' in a team based game like utopia??? Yes i can understand you might get some a-hole clueless monarch, so what does the new intel site do that stops you changing votes to a different monarch and raze killing the one you had?

I've seen (and done) monarchy changes and removal of problem provinces handled using only in game mail, kingdom forums and so forth before... I see no way that the new bot impacts on that at all...

Thread Information