Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: now that munk is intergrated in game what to do? pro tip

Enthusiast
    I have no problem with munkbot being integrated to the game, but I do agree that their should be an option to disable it and an option to use your own Intel site if you want. I've played with multiple people who have grown frustrated with the bugs and lack of changes in munk and just made their own gathering and storing tools.

Post Fiend
    I mean rank and win. All intelbots are just lazy ways of writing something on a sheet of paper ... i am a 80s child... as for chats ... well pm and kd forum are fine... 3600 seconds or so between ticks... more than enough for two dozen plus one provinces to coordinate ... two and a half minutes each divided up to hit in order ... just read the words and click the buttons...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 05-02-2019 at 08:35. Reason: Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    You can see why them forcing everyone to use munkbot comes off as them taking something away from those who were using something else, yea?

The efficiency of gathering, storing, and using intel is absolutely a major factor in how good your kingdom is. By forcing kds to pay to use in this in a better interface than the sh*t they just put up, it comes across poorly at least. I agree to some extent it is pay to win. Yes you still have to be good at the game, but it is at least a very big advantage.
    It makes lifes easier for sure as I mentioned but its not really an requirment to win. There was no bots back in the good old days and people still managed to play!

I hoped for something better. Integrating munk is crazy anyway you look at it. It looks like a mess, even after using it many ages i just take my own intel as that's faster than deciphering what old intel is usable. More importantly, it depends on a ****load of javascript while having things integrated should mean anytime intel is taken data is directly written to the database/intelstore, no need for a hacky roundtript server -> browser -> server, which every age is problematic for more than a few players in my kingdom. And why oh why do the devs want the burden to maintain a whole new backend (munk's is pretty distinct from utopia, utopia being python, munk php) when it's clear they can hardly manage utopia.

In the end, this will not help attracting new players though i think nothing will apart from a whole graphical overhaul together with interactions with mobile users expect these days (push messages in some form, preferable a dedicated app that can also be used to play the game, when stuff happens).
    Last edited by Ooopsie; 05-02-2019 at 16:57.

Post Fiend
    I will not pay to play without munk
    You need to pay Me to play with munk

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    It makes lifes easier for sure as I mentioned but its not really an requirment to win. There was no bots back in the good old days and people still managed to play!
    This is a joke right? You're telling me that top kds can win without bots? Then ALL bots should be banned for an age. See what happens.

Also, provide a disable button for people who have chose not to use munkbot. I appreciate the time and effort here, but not all of us want to use munk.

Post Fiend
    Bots just share information. Information can be shared otherwise and stored within peoples brainheadminds ... or Kingdom Forum... there is more than enough time between ticks for 25 Provinces to act coordinationallarily, the game has been designed thusly ... starlight and moonset over a windswept ocean... a barren desert where no humans exist... bots are only a ueful extra, not a necessary item ... Kingdom Forums are more than enough... also PMs...

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Bots just share information. Information can be shared otherwise and stored within peoples brainheadminds ... or Kingdom Forum... there is more than enough time between ticks for 25 Provinces to act coordinationallarily, the game has been designed thusly ... starlight and moonset over a windswept ocean... a barren desert where no humans exist... bots are only a ueful extra, not a necessary item ... Kingdom Forums are more than enough... also PMs...
    We could play this game over snail mail too; the internet is not technically needed.
    #magi

Top kds can win without bots.

Without tools, the playing field is even more uneven because top kds communicate constantly.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Top kds can win without bots.

Without tools, the playing field is even more uneven because top kds communicate constantly.
    ^this

cant believe im agreeing with pillz
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Elitism,

Removing intel sites and bots from the game will actually lead to its demise. Most people have lives that chew up their time and intel sites help minimise impacting that. If you remove these aids then a lot of people, especially actual leaders, would not be willing to play.

Here’s the hot tip, if you have to ask the question of Utopia vs Real life, then it’s likely you’ll be cast into the main role for the second instalment of 40 year old virgin.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    DM_Benjamin and dev,

Removing intel sites and bots from the game will actually lead to its demise. Most people have lives that chew up their time and intel sites help minimise impacting that. If you remove these aids then a lot of people, especially actual leaders, would not be willing to play.

Here’s the hot tip, if you have to ask the question of Utopia vs Real life, then it’s likely you’ll be cast into the main role for the second instalment of 40 year old virgin.
    Truth is opposite from what you are selling, using bots instead of forums for role plAying in a rpg strategy game lead to current state where we have robots and players without any skill to be leaders.

I would even go with this trojan munk and its ugly interface as a new change if sending self intel was not automatic. That ruin the game for me cause it allows stupid people to do stupid things as well as stupid leaders to base my game experience on their programed monotonic gameplay.

Disable automatic self intel sharing and you might considerably boost player base with +1 player instead of loosing another 10 (30) %.
    Last edited by awesom-o; 06-02-2019 at 09:17.

Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    Truth is opposite from what you are selling, using bots instead of forums for role plAying in a rpg strategy game lead to current state where we have robots and players without any skill to be leaders.

I would even go with this trojan munk and its ugly interface as a new change if sending self intel was not automatic. That ruin the game for me cause it allows stupid people to do stupid things as well as stupid leaders to base my game experience on their programed monotonic gameplay.

Disable automatic self intel sharing and you might considerably boost player base with +1 player instead of loosing another 10 (30) %.
    Let’s agree to disagree.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post

wrong....if bots were 100% banned my kd would not exist. there is no way i could manage to sort and collect and display data in a timely enough manner to run a kd if there were ZERO bots.

Post Fiend
    Persain, it takes only a few sheets of paper and some notetaking, maybe even just kd forum... *sigh* you generation y kids...

Thread Information