Thread: Science curve

Strategy Moderator

Science curve

for those unsure of what new science curves mean

i plotted a bit of an old curve v a new curve.

my esimate is that science is gonna be lower this age across the board. With lower #'s per book and lower books i esimate that those who hit say +20% pop science last age are unlikely to break 15% this age. not a huge thing, but it means the +tpa/wpa on halfer and feary as well as heretic is gonna mean a bit more than the mystic bonus. AND it'll mean that not only are undeads not horrible late age, but the human +science will actully be decent as the scaling starts geting hard.

Post Fiend
    Thanks Persain, super helpful.

Veteran
    This . . . actually makes sense.

Post Demon
    Can you tell if the power is larger though? .4 or 1/2 instead of 1/3? It looks to hold closer to linear, suggesting a power closer to 1 - but maybe I’m imagining things.

In any case I need to post revised power rankings, these numbers are distinctly lower than my estimates. Won’t matter much, but UD should at least climb above no race now.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Strategy Moderator
    my gueess would be linear, sqrt then 1/3. all there are there. first 10k linear next 10k sqrt.

Regular
    Has anyone worked out the coefficient's yet? I am most curious to try and work out just how much has changed from last age.

Enthusiast
    Wait wait, you also lowered the book generation rate AND this huge science reduction?

*facepalm*
    That is a problem, your suppose to do it in steps not go 150% swing into an opposite direction to be able to test the proper and right amount.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 08-02-2019 at 19:30.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Strategy Moderator
    Fist with the addtion of the to 1million graph, i will add that

Note:
    Last age: my kd average science was about 8 million books and a "highly pumped" person reached about 1 million in say housing. (i know people with more, but it was a hard focus)

that would take 20.4->~17.5. with a bit less overall science (based on current novice v old novice) i would guess we're going to be about 75% the science we had last age. Not to badd honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Has anyone worked out the coefficient's yet? I am most curious to try and work out just how much has changed from last age.
    Short answer no, longer answer i wont be doing it beacuse science doesnt matter THAT much to me i dont need exact values but just an overall feel. However i can help out

base on the one that goes to 1 million
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    as well as the previous one i posted

there apears to be 4 curves with soft edges like this.

0-5,000 has 2 differnt linear lines.
    5,000-25,000 another linear line
    25,000+ likey a cube root?

Based on these and the bonus's for <5k books it seems unlikely we'll be able to get the exact curve with only 1 decimal place.
    Housing 2,280 +1.0% Population Limits....for example on me. but there has to be some rounding.

the 50-25k may be done, though i wouldnt expect anyone has the science yet.

25,000+ GL final curve someone will post once they reach that.

will just take a bit of fancy maths, and someone to pull out the base value. sadly science isn't worth that much time to me with what i have going on in my life. maybe mid-late age if i get bored on a Saturday.

Regular
    Science last age was still pretty high anyway. Still reached decent stats and 40% OME and I only pumped for the first 1/3 of the age.

Thread Information