Thread: Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend

Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 players

Are there any fans of these two games hereabouts? Warhammer Fantasy (1st to 7th editions, nothing after that and no kow or aos) and Warhammer 40,000 (1st to 5th editions, nothing after that)? I am compiling information from players regarding game fluff... i figured id ask here also...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 13-02-2019 at 10:05. Reason: Alien spies...

I recently started back into warhammer fantassy, or aos I guess.

But I started back in with the Underworld game, Ive got both shadespire and nightvault and all but two of the newest warbands. So hard to keep up! I forgot how easily they milk their customer base!!!

Post Fiend
    AoS is not a sincere game, the people in control of it are disloyal fools IMO ... ah well - i need real Warhammer players...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 09-02-2019 at 15:33. Reason: The mystery of life

Enthusiast
    I used to play....

40k - Eldar but I went on hiatus being things kinda went wacky with allied forces rules.
    Fantasy - Wood Elves...... Fantasy is RIP sadly.....
    AoS... GW is trying to shove Sylvaneth down peoples throats by saying good Wood Elves died and/or became sylvaneth and bad wood elves are wanderers and never cared about WE after that by pretty much gutting all of the Wood Elves in its entirety.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    Fantasy isnt dead, there are players the world over :-)

I am a fan of the Eldar too, kudos

AoS is falsified puke...

Keep playing it dude, i am not going to ever play anything other than the first seven fantasy editions and the first five 40k editions, the old ways still have many hardcore fans...

How much do you know of the games "fluff"/story?
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 15-02-2019 at 01:47. Reason: Wookie space ship

Enthusiast
    I have a bunch of boxes of 40k Dark Eldar stuff in my basement somewhere from about 15+ years ago..

Post Fiend
    Mail them to me. Yeah?

Enthusiast
    for fantasy, it depends on where you live it can be a hit or miss . Usually for the stores that is a distributor they usually cannot host fantasy being they have to use current stuff, so games is usually a game setup by two players usually knowing they play Fantasy usually for those who didn't make the switch.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    Indeed, GW as it is now does not deserve support or sales ... tis a sad state ...

Tears in heaven - Sun

I played Fantasy (RIP) - Dark Elves and just got back into 40k. They're actively trying to fix balance issues which is a nice change of pace for GW. The new Genestealer Cult Codex is really what sucked me back in.... Lol. I have a pretty large collection of Tyranids too. I've been collecting/playing on and off since second addition. Not much of a story line/fluff guy. Not exactly GW's strong suit. Biggest thing now is the Primarchs. Guess Abaddon is getting a rerelease too.

Post Fiend
    The Hive Mind ... kudos. I hope Games Workshop does well in the future and fixes the current situation but i have little faith in them...

Post Fiend
    For anyone interested, Return of Reckoning is a private alpha server that's keeping Warhammer Age of Reckoning MMO alive.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Thread Information