Thread: Plague Mechanics

Plague Mechanics

Plague should not be contractable when ambushed. I mean think about it, your army and lands aren't back in the kingdom yet, how would your defenders get the plague? As far as all other scenarios then yeah sure make it available but right now it makes no sense.

Post Fiend
    The troops are infected and contagious. How else do you explain giving provinces the plague on an attack?

I understand that that, but if I am the one being ambushed by someone who is plagued it shouldn't affect the whole province. The army is not home yet nor are the lands in, the same goes for attacking. Maybe change it to armies that hit into a plagued land suffer from DME loss on ambush making them weaker, but can still have NB on them. If they get back and plague was not removed it affects the whole prov at that point.

Post Fiend
    Interesting mechanic idea.

X hours to clear plague or it affects entire province, like a stage 1 and stage 2 plague.

On the other side of this, technically, the attacker doesn't have access to the lands either, so they are still in your province, just not usable, so you are still in your province, just protecting it, spreading the plague.

Post Fiend
    Hmm okay I see where you're going... interesting idea. Maybe don't alert the player if their army has been infected? Gotta roll the dice on return, or cast NB blindly?

Seems this suggestion raises more issues than it solves maybe.

Where exactly *is* the land? These are the questions we were never meant to ask.

Post Fiend
    Too complicated for no reason tbh. It'll be better (imo) to have plague effect gets worse and worse every tick. The longer it remains untreated, the more severe the effect.

Post Fiend
    I like that. And have attacks from/against plagued/undead provinces while plagued have a chance to 'stack' plague. Make the effects extremely diminishing for lazy balance probably. Changes to nature's blessing cure-chance? Hospitals cure-chance?

Thread Information