Personal experience Emeriti is harder than any other top kd to get a cf with in a shell kingdom as a few growing provinces because they'll simply ignore your messages.

I've been in that situation 3 ages in a row a while back, the age I went generally without cf's I never was randommed by BB but a few other top kingdoms tried, never was randommed by Spartans either they can have that. Was thretened by Emeriti for randomming them at a time they had given up on the crown and was viciously randomming everyone arround for science, that is why I sought a cf with them even when I generally tried to make it without cf's. While in generel they also don't seem to actively engage shells if it came down to a very close top fight I believe they would be the ones attempting to farmout every avalible province in the top not involved with either kingdom.

Neither of those kingdoms is the worst ever though to be the worst kingdom ever you would have to aim for unrealistic goals or have almost reached your goals only to toss it away due to your own folly, warring kingdoms seek wars, growing kingdoms seek easy acres, both seems to do one of the two and even if you can not crown every age and can't win every war even when at your strongest it still shows skills that you aim for something that you can realistically achieve even if it is only winning 1 war or getting to 2k acres, for some people those are milestones while others has to be #1 to be satisfied, most are in between and that is fine to.

A former kingdom fellor of mine once put it this way aim high get higher.

The worst kingdom ever will forever be clouded in the mist of obscurity and time since they never achieved anything and therefore few outside of it will remember.