Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst kingdom of all time?

Post Fiend
    Faery Circly = complete garbage.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Faery Circly does sound like a terrible kingdom.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Faery Circly does sound like a terrible kingdom.
    Garbage is worse than terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    So this is worst big/"good" kd? Because even at their worst the kds listed here could CRUSH a lot of the "named" kds that have existed throughout the ages. Like Dungeon Dwellers a named kd thats been around (so no 10 man 4 logs an age kd) that has been a consistently poor performing. Though this is only they've existed for an insanely long time as a social group where some really good players go to just dick around and have fun, but they haven't been a good kingdom in the conventional sense nor do they even strive to be "good".

If u want to go with good kds that stood out as what should of been good maybe recruited and "did well" on and off but consistently missed the mark somehow my vote goes to warseekers or spartans. Both good enough kds in their own right but both would always miss the mark in judgement either in how to navigate others or how far they can push before kds around them snap before doing something that could denote them as a great kd.
    Warseekers' strategy was almost entirely predicated on giving up land for war wins. Burn pool -> declare KD -> don't withdraw -> profit! I guess it works and, so long as you don't actually collude with the other KD about it, it's legal. It sure was aggravating though.

Faetackers ain't so bad :(
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    Garbage is worse than terrible.
    Totally uncalled for.
    #magi

Post Demon
    Worst kingdoms I've encountered was Insomnia, at the time a kd wanting to crown yet deciding to declare a kd they dubbeled in nw a few hours after declare, quite sure the 200% nw rule was implemented the age after and no free acres was given for winner, it was in 2012 or late 2011.

Their first and only post in the warforum by their king simply asked "do you yield" which I took as a sign of desperation for getting a min time war as oblious they could have gotten more acres randomming, they failed to use any kind of strategy and so while we was losing acres we was not getting hurt much and had no hurry surrendering and they decided to surrender after min time + 5-10 hours, our monarch was even considdering our surrender at that point but they beat us to it.

No plan for war except max gains and hoping we would min time surrender, contradicting overall plan for crown.

I've had Coss wave a 6 man kd where only 4 people was in range in age 74 with a kd so pumped they was loosing gc each tic which was countered easily by gb protection rkdnw protection, smite and fools gold. They tried to do this twice since we did not just send them a cf but I wanted to negotiate terms and we took our land back after first wave when they did not want to do that, can't remember the kd name but I think they had a christmass themed kd which was going for growth but disbanded later that age, this would be my personal number 2.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Tivoli - Couldn’t war for ****
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Tivoli - Couldn’t war for ****
    That's who merged with BB and made them so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Worst kingdoms I've encountered was Insomnia, at the time a kd wanting to crown yet deciding to declare a kd they dubbeled in nw a few hours after declare, quite sure the 200% nw rule was implemented the age after and no free acres was given for winner, it was in 2012 or late 2011.

Their first and only post in the warforum by their king simply asked "do you yield" which I took as a sign of desperation for getting a min time war as oblious they could have gotten more acres randomming, they failed to use any kind of strategy and so while we was losing acres we was not getting hurt much and had no hurry surrendering and they decided to surrender after min time + 5-10 hours, our monarch was even considdering our surrender at that point but they beat us to it.

No plan for war except max gains and hoping we would min time surrender, contradicting overall plan for crown.
    Hmmm how sure are you on the name Insomnia? I seem to recall this exact same fact pattern except from the other side, and it was Sonata.

We were dicing on our sexy DEs and saw that some of the other top KDs were due to come out of their first wars soon. We had to switch to TOG to train up but didn't want to give up our dice growth, so I pulled the pin on one of our planted mole provinces in a KD called the Wikipedians. After a brief retal war with mostly myself, relations were in place and we declared them from about double their size. A singular "do you yield" post was made. The intent was not to farm them, but rather to shave off two dice-days worth of acres while shuffling land to our larger provinces/banks and training up. Definitely waited 5ish hours to see if their monarch would come online to withdraw, but with him offline we withdrew ourselves. Had things to do. :(

It wasn't at all contradictory though as we checked all three boxes and proceeded to win the age.
    Last edited by octobrev; 02-03-2019 at 00:08.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    BB is pretty bad too. As far as I'm concerned, they should had quit after the Pulsing Trollfags age.
    My favorite part about the Pulsing Trollfags age was mango getting pissed every time we'd ceasefire someone cause he thought they'd end up farming us, then we'd beat them by 50k. It happened like eighty times.

probably one of these warring ghettos that think land nw is boring or whatever.

Any kd playing for land is instantly like 10x better than a warring kd.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

atleast we know the name of bad landnw kds. Did u guys know there is this ghetto called djinn of very bad that has a 1/5 war win record every age? Yes plz forget their name now.

We haven't even listed bad kds but DoA and Simians yet.

7th horde
    Force
    Trinity
    Mercy!
    The last 20 ages of dN...
    Elvut
    Grace
    Lothorien
    HoH

These are kds that went ages and ages without succeeding. Occasionally dN or force would ghetto stomp. Once grace generated enough honor to crown. I'm not sure any of us understand how HoH crowned so many times, but we all know they were bad kd.

But all charted regularly/every age they existed and sucked.

You had good kds well all agree weren't terrible but didn't crown, like AMA

Modern day worst kds definitely Spartans though. Consistency of their failures and farm outs is just astounding. Bart just got caught up in being octobrev and nobody can convince him he isn't. Or that being octobrev isn't a good thing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    We haven't even listed bad kds but DoA and Simians yet.

7th horde
    Force
    Trinity
    Mercy!
    The last 20 ages of dN...
    Elvut
    Grace
    Lothorien
    HoH

These are kds that went ages and ages without succeeding. Occasionally dN or force would ghetto stomp. Once grace generated enough honor to crown. I'm not sure any of us understand how HoH crowned so many times, but we all know they were bad kd.

But all charted regularly/every age they existed and sucked.

You had good kds well all agree weren't terrible but didn't crown, like AMA

Modern day worst kds definitely Spartans though. Consistency of their failures and farm outs is just astounding. Bart just got caught up in being octobrev and nobody can convince him he isn't. Or that being octobrev isn't a good thing.
    Lol i remember trinity.

Most of those abs kds were just pawns for sanct and rage. But then depending on game mechanics the other side got to farm them sometimes.

i think it might have been the ww bonuses that killed alliances. Otherwise it was better to stay out of war and grow than to get stuck in a war. U needed a big edge to make it worth it for awhile

Made the game harder tho. U couldnt bully kds back in the days with ur size. Skilled kds had to be creative to grow. It was better back then. All these pro war record noobs killed the game.

There are not enough players in this game to divide what u want to play for. Game devs need to creatively try to combine ww/honor/land all into one and just make one chart. A lot of ppl might ***** and moan but a lot of ppl did too when mehul made his bat**** crazy changes every age, and thats why it was successful.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 02-03-2019 at 04:05.

And our farm out was inconsequential. Seasons didn't crown as a result of it so we don't even get to sit at the table with Simians and BB.

I also maintain that outside of out b2b2b2b2b2b2b losses in age 42? 41? Awar were versus regulators, rocry (my favorite war of all time. We ran the exact same kd setups but they cared more about ll and it worked out. The activity and length of that war, those were the days), eq, and I think that's it.

I'm told during my time off before the awar we lost to CC or some NI kd but idk.

We also had 30+ awar wws in 3 consecutive ages so **** off korp who didn't war for like 12 ages with doa
    Last edited by Pillz; 02-03-2019 at 04:00.

Thread Information