Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst kingdom of all time?

Beastblood has b2b crowns right? cant argue a kd with b2b crowns is that bad, but then again timing is important. Nowadays u have 4 kds playing for land/nw, so doesnt really matter much anymore
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    I'm quite sure the kd I was talking about did not win the age and we hit them basically OOP with them declaring after either 1 or 2 real days, was a same Island war. I checked with the Dragon Portal age 53 and kingdom was 8:4, they are listed under the name Insolence so must have remembered incorrectly while mine was 7:4 the monarch was a lose cannon though I was in vacation mode for 2 weeks due to moving to Sweden and the queen mannaged to get the kingdom basically anihilated against Mele Weapons in that timespan, came back and was the only province at decent size with half the kingdom having been killed off or brought below 200 acres, Insolence on the other hand did nothing to impressive.

While my kingdom was clearly the more ghetto for a crown contender to toss away their go at a crown over a war with a ghetto that hits counting on them beeing smart enough that they know taking a fight is not in their best interest and on top of that tossing the warwin away that makes for a worse kingdom since they should have known better.

I'm not sure who the leader was but she left us the age after, after yet again getting the kingdom anihilated in a war and I ran the kingdom a few ages before giving up on it, but if you really think about it how often have your growth kingdom been gunned down by a ghetto that jump you the moment you drop pool because that is the moment you are most vunerable, there was clearly some second level strategy involved on top of a generel unsound and partly suicidal approach.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

it is a problem when kds 5-10 are looking for landdrops (so they can war someone) and kds 1-3 are simply coordinating with kds 5-10 for the land.

If you get rid of ww tally and total honor tally and landnw tally and make a weighted algorithm that takes into effect all three things (landnw honor wws) and there is only one chart for the rankings it forces everyone to creatively try to be #1. Ofcourse there will need to be tweaks age after age.

This would stop kds from landdropping and trying to get easy war wins or whatever on bad kds because it would drop them in the rankings and noone would know what their war win record is anyways.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 02-03-2019 at 08:53.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    And our farm out was inconsequential. Seasons didn't crown as a result of it so we don't even get to sit at the table with Simians and BB.

I also maintain that outside of out b2b2b2b2b2b2b losses in age 42? 41? Awar were versus regulators, rocry (my favorite war of all time. We ran the exact same kd setups but they cared more about ll and it worked out. The activity and length of that war, those were the days), eq, and I think that's it.

I'm told during my time off before the awar we lost to CC or some NI kd but idk.

We also had 30+ awar wws in 3 consecutive ages so **** off korp who didn't war for like 12 ages with doa
    But did you win anything? Sinners were as much of a failure as any of the kds you mentioned above. Also totllay failing alltough being one of like 12 kds GB ED out from honor win :p

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    BB is pretty bad too. As far as I'm concerned, they should had quit after the Pulsing Trollfags age.
    Had no idea till I checked, but BB pulled off 4 crowns since after the Pulsing Trollfags age, and 2 with the tivoli crew. So basically Tivoli is as historically good as Sonata. congrats!

They do both have B2B crowns! The primary difference is that Sonata played only 3 ages and pretty well cleaned out the house: B2B crowns, followed by mass deleting from first place in the third age (leaving just their bank to pop in and out of vmode harassing Rage). BB had to play several years to achieve similar feats and incurred many losses and failures along the way. We are perfection, you are persistence.

We made a comeback for the age 50 celebration as Dreams and crowned again in spite of being GBed out of T10 for "harboring Sonata players." And then returned again for a round in 55, where we crowned as the Pulsing Trollfags - detailed below.

It is well known among principled men that BB's first age with the Trollfags was their finest one. In keeping with our theme of perfection, we warred Sanctuary oop and watched them reset their entire elf core. We then rolled through Mercy, Rage, and Mercy again for the crown (all while having to deal with a drunken and haphazard flogger). After we bowed out at the end of the age, it took BB 6 ages to get their stoof together and crown again.

Let's not forget our fourth comeback as the Expendables, which came to be the first b2b2b crown since Pansies and the notorious S.I.D. (our mythic age forefathers). Just seven good Utopian Industry folk in a randomized ghetto crowned almost entirely by accident. Granted, we gained a lot of good people along the way, eventually reforming CR in the second age (stole Zauper, munk, and some other gems in a bluff wave on Emeriti).

To this day, they say Exci has to look under the bed for Sonata players before ASF will come into the room at night. And here BB is showing up in the second post of a worst kingdoms of all time thread...

The coward thing Sonata did was bailing on allies and friends and deleting whole kd just to dodge a farmout. :)

What allies? What friends? There wasn't a single kingdom in that sham of an alliance that was worth more than no kingdom at all. They farmed out to Absalom one by one and allowed them to island hop all the way up until they surrounded us. We made the optimal move.

What allies? What friends? There wasn't a single kingdom in that sham of an alliance that was worth more than no kingdom at all. They farmed out to Absalom one by one and allowed them to island hop all the way up until they surrounded us. We made the optimal move.
    Cowards way out, lacked the balls to face the consequenses of your actions.

Is honorabru!
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 10-06-2019 at 00:12. Reason: Combining multiple posts by same person in a row

Sir Postalot
    They do both have B2B crowns! The primary difference is that Sonata played only 3 ages and pretty well cleaned out the house: B2B crowns, followed by mass deleting from first place in the third age (leaving just their bank to pop in and out of vmode harassing Rage). BB had to play several years to achieve similar feats and incurred many losses and failures along the way. We are perfection, you are persistence.

We made a comeback for the age 50 celebration as Dreams and crowned again in spite of being GBed out of T10 for "harboring Sonata players." And then returned again for a round in 55, where we crowned as the Pulsing Trollfags - detailed below.

It is well known among principled men that BB's first age with the Trollfags was their finest one. In keeping with our theme of perfection, we warred Sanctuary oop and watched them reset their entire elf core. We then rolled through Mercy, Rage, and Mercy again for the crown (all while having to deal with a drunken and haphazard flogger). After we bowed out at the end of the age, it took BB 6 ages to get their stoof together and crown again.

Let's not forget our fourth comeback as the Expendables, which came to be the first b2b2b crown since Pansies and the notorious S.I.D. (our mythic age forefathers). Just seven good Utopian Industry folk in a randomized ghetto crowned almost entirely by accident. Granted, we gained a lot of good people along the way, eventually reforming CR in the second age (stole Zauper, munk, and some other gems in a bluff wave on Emeriti).

To this day, they say Exci has to look under the bed for Sonata players before ASF will come into the room at night. And here BB is showing up in the second post of a worst kingdoms of all time thread...
    An interesting perspective, albeit a misguided one. There was no "Pulsing Trollfags" age, we were tagged Beastblood all age and renamed to Pulsing Trollfags at the age end for fun. I recall barely saving the age when a haphazard group of trollfags wanted to fight Mercy the first time with 7 EPA, upon convincing the trollfags, inexperienced at warring against anyone but your own multis that perhaps we should go 9 EPA instead, we barely survived against Mercy which ran 12 EPA. It was smooth sailing after that, however.

After a sudden departure at the end leaving BB scrambling to find 10 replacements, the few ages the true crown was the BB vs Cromulent Republic crown, in which the former Trollfags thought they found salvation in a new hero named Zauper. "How could our all star lineup of 10 leaders possibly lose to a kd with just flogger" a trollfag once exclaimed. But ragequit ole munk did just a few days later in their own council chan.

The pulsing trollfag strife came at a cost, however. Had the trollfags simply stayed put they probably win 17 of 20 of the next crowns, but the toll of taking on such a kd 3 ages in a row, mixed with ole flog no longer being able to play at work burned out BB's flame, creating the opportunity for Emeriti to emerge.

However, after a win, Emeriti still feared ole BB enough to hunt them even in their own end of war! Just the mere sight of BB exploring was enough for them to abandon all previously established norms. Not even Sonata caused such a response. Sure, Dreams got GB'd once, but so fearful of BB the group responsible ceased as soon as we asked, saving the trollfag age.

What would Sonata have done had they gotten hit in their own End of War? History suggests a mass deletion. But what would BB do? They'd do what no one else in 20 some odd years would do, despite many many attempts and failure. BB would win the true crown, gifting the secondary crown that age to the Expendables.

After the true crown race, both emeriti and BB bowed out for awhile, and Cromulent enjoyed their time in the sun, and of course we all know emeriti eventually regrouped, but even the new BB has won a couple times since then as well. But if we go back some 30 some ages since the initial Sonata 2 peat, which was impressive, It seems like the trollfags couldn't win without ole flog pulling the strings. Would have been interesting to see how the last 20 ages would have played out without that rather silly breakup.
    Last edited by flogger; 02-03-2019 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But did you win anything? Sinners were as much of a failure as any of the kds you mentioned above. Also totllay failing alltough being one of like 12 kds GB ED out from honor win :p
    We stomped dozens of kds and that's all we did. We did it well. We always got bored or made diplo errors when going for land crown (like not double drossing cov!). We didn't go for crowns often (2 attempts in 11 +3 ages). We succeeded at what we did (unlike the majority of kds I listed) and were a good kingdom (the rest of the kds were great and sucking and that's all they did).

I'm not even considering ghettos like DD or wishmasters or archangels or djinns or plaidovia (which has like a 60 age streak of being terrible). Just ones with some sort of chart or irc/forum/3rd party presence.

We stomped dozens of kds and that's all we did. We did it well. We always got bored or made diplo errors when going for land crown (like not double drossing cov!). We didn't go for crowns often (2 attempts in 11 +3 ages). We succeeded at what we did (unlike the majority of kds I listed) and were a good kingdom (the rest of the kds were great and sucking and that's all they did).

I'm not even considering ghettos like DD or wishmasters or archangels or djinns or plaidovia (which has like a 60 age streak of being terrible). Just ones with some sort of chart or irc/forum/3rd party presence.
    Hey baby, guess you missed the memo. Sinners were trash, delusional trash at that. They achieved nothing of substance except one of the largest ever farm outs running nothing but dspec armies.

Don’t take it to heart baby, you can still be my little spoon.

Love The Sun ..,.,s,,..::.,,i..,,n /-:;;::n.,:;;er ..... trash

Succeeded at being a mediocre top 50 kd, i guess you can take pride in that. :)) Even ED had crowns.

Post Fiend
    You guys still do this?
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Succeeded at being a mediocre top 50 kd, i guess you can take pride in that. :)) Even ED had crowns.
    Incorrect. We were consistently one of the best warring kds from age 35 to 46 and easily better than most 'top' kds.
    Your attempts to troll me and discredit sinners are weak at best coming from someone whose only crown came from SWEA despite a history of playing in the ****tiest top kds possible. Yes Ed crown, but you weren't there. So did HoH and jerks. Let's not ascribe too much value to crowns octokorp.

Our farm out was the result of a single diplo mistake on our first crown run and we learnt from it. Again, unlike BB we didn't crown anybody (let alone 4 times).

Bad kds and exist and korps played in a few of them, but sinners isn't found amongst either group.
    Last edited by Pillz; 04-03-2019 at 00:47.

You are arguing from the perspective that there was only one playing field for good kds back then, like there is now. You know that that's not true, though. Kds could switch between honor or land age to age easily, and a good 100-50 mediocre war kds existed that could baby themselves. Kingdoms like regulators, vicious, ninjas, sinners, voexm, whisperers, screwups, etc all existed and simply choose not to crown or compete in land charts because we had other ideas of fun. Ofc whisperers and screwups loved to honor crown but neither made a bid to go for land/nw either.

I think regulators suffered a single loss on their 3 age streak of wrecking everyone?

I'm the end, this a worst kd thread. DoA VS sinners is hardly a comparison and both pale in comparison to Simians. BB is terrible but not the worst either.

Which is Simians. Floggers anris boy toy.
    Last edited by Pillz; 04-03-2019 at 00:57.

Incorrect. We were consistently one of the best warring kds from age 35 to 46 and easily better than most 'top' kds.
    Your attempts to troll me and discredit sinners are weak at best coming from someone whose only crown came from SWEA despite a history of playing in the ****tiest top kds possible. Yes Ed crown, but you weren't there. So did HoH and jerks. Let's not ascribe too much value to crowns octokorp.

Our farm out was the result of a single diplo mistake on our first crown run and we learnt from it. Again, unlike BB we didn't crown anybody (let alone 4 times).

Bad kds and exist and korps played in a few of them, but sinners isn't found amongst either group.
    Never seen anyone stroke their own ego so damn hard as you're doing right now Steel. :) If you notice I havent made any single claim to any fame or any achievement, but when you talk about it, one crown is better than none right Steel? :P You talk about not ascribing too much value to crowns at the same time you want to ascribe so much value to a kingdom that never achieved anything but mediocrity. Sinners werent the "one of the best warring kds" in their time, they were a decent kd as many of them you mentioned as well. The only reason you are arguing so hard about Sinners cause its probably only place in this game where you felt really at home. If Sinners would been a kd you didnt play in you would have bashed it as much as any other kd you are bashing now.

All those kds that you mention in your second kd post are kingdoms that chose to play in a lower playing field cause they just couldnt hack it in the top.

Never seen anyone stroke their own ego so damn hard as you're doing right now Steel. :) If you notice I havent made any single claim to any fame or any achievement, but when you talk about it, one crown is better than none right Steel? :P You talk about not ascribing too much value to crowns at the same time you want to ascribe so much value to a kingdom that never achieved anything but mediocrity. Sinners werent the "one of the best warring kds" in their time, they were a decent kd as many of them you mentioned as well. The only reason you are arguing so hard about Sinners cause its probably only place in this game where you felt really at home. If Sinners would been a kd you didnt play in you would have bashed it as much as any other kd you are bashing now.

All those kds that you mention in your second kd post are kingdoms that chose to play in a lower playing field cause they just couldnt hack it in the top.
    We were easily one of the best kds period in that time.

All the kds I listed could have competed if they wanted to, though I doubt any would have crowned. And no crown is better than a crown in some cases. Most of emeritss crowns are worth dirt, same as jerks and rocry and hoh crowns.

Thread Information