Thread: The do's & dont's of eowcf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The do's & dont's of eowcf

Hey guys. Returning player here, I havent played actively since age 3. Off and on throughout the years. I'm back now, and I like the changes for the most part, but man has it changed. We have had 2 wars now and after the first I butchered the eowcf, not understanding what it was really. Pretty much ran my war build right on through it, which snowballed into a less than optimal province for our next war. 2nd eowcf was better, but there were still details I didnt understand like wage rate etc.

So what Im asking for is eowcf tips( better yet a complete noob guide for eowcf) to execute the best eowcf period possible as a heavy attacker.

Thanks much.
    Last edited by Oni; 03-03-2019 at 17:24.

Post Fiend
    tis naught but forthought and timing ... just sort the maths and figure which buildings may be best for you ... banks and homes at first then switch to do a final train with armouries ... also time your stables so that they can be full for eoeowcf... people habitually drop wages without being able to get them back to max my endofendofwarceasefire/eoeowcf... money can indeed be saved but you must figure the maths to see if it is worth it for your Province ... as far as i can tell it is still possible to drop everything to peasants and accumulate gcs and retrain with armouries yeah? But then you risk being hit by utopian pirates who care not at all about hitting into eowcfs ... yaaaaargh matey.... 96 ticks of eowcf ... stables take 40 ticks to fill ... does your province hav IA for final train with armouries? Either way just plan ahead Oni ... Figure the gcs needed to swap buildings and draft and train and make sure your Province can perform your plan for it ... glhf
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 04-03-2019 at 07:45. Reason: Dwarf Miner Reigmnt, Champion, Music and Standard bearing carrying a magical flag enscribed with the Rune of Courage and 2 Runes of Warding...

Needs to get out more
    Some of it depends on power tier and diplo.

Since I played in the ghetto, most of the time, I took it upon myself to retain some offensive capability in eowcf. I'm a slop player, but keen on growing through retaliation. Thus, my strategies are counterintuitive in that I'd cruise around fat and loose. Why? Because efficient predators that would random me suffer relatively higher losses when countered.

Additionally, my war build was my economy build where I simply flipped bank to WT and lowered other buildings to flip GS. There's a trick to running homes as slag provided you know how to stay ahead of your population limits. Mind you, I've played in top kingdoms to experience their pump idioms, which are interdependent on diplo to achieve pump zenith.

Simple strategies I'd use were to counter learns with trad march. Land was the best way to separate from the random retal battles since most random aggressors are pumped. So, if I take land they immediately bleed resources and have to wait for their armies return.

My statements here aren't an alternative to .:. The Moon .:. , but augmentation depending on your circumstance.

I must also tell you I never attacked unprovoked since at least age 63: I only retal. While I initially did this as a moral challenge I soon found I was developing skills to defeat opponents much stronger, logistically, to myself. My builds were so unlikeable I've had both friends and monarchs complain insistently for me to change.

My focus hasn't been on how well I've built provinces, but in tactics and strategy. My sloppy builds drew worthy adversaries to attack and my enjoyment was derived from the counter game. I've gone 5 ages in a row without losing an acre in war and I use to use a zone acre/nw system to anchor the center. Part of this tactic allowed me to be a prolific aid distributor which allowed our t/ms to concentrate resources to achieve UB.

I was comfortable locking horns with anyone in the game and have never been chained as the top land province in any kingdom I've occupied. And I generally ran attackers. I've run faery attackers and orc mystics without blinking. Basically, I know how to beat people up.

I've found you learn much more if you put experience above resource aquirement/security. By facing insurmountable odds you learn how to surmount more than most. I'm not a great player, but never felt outgunned even when flying solo in a kingdom shell.

Good luck and welcome back.

PS: train thieves: the simplest most effective strategy that falls on thousands of deaf ears(in war, out of war: train thieves to maintain or increase your abilities.) In most(not all) cases tpa economy is superior to dragon strategy.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 07-03-2019 at 23:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Hey guys. Returning player here, I havent played actively since age 3. Off and on throughout the years. I'm back now, and I like the changes for the most part, but man has it changed. We have had 2 wars now and after the first I butchered the eowcf, not understanding what it was really. Pretty much ran my war build right on through it, which snowballed into a less than optimal province for our next war. 2nd eowcf was better, but there were still details I didnt understand like wage rate etc.

So what Im asking for is eowcf tips( better yet a complete noob guide for eowcf) to execute the best eowcf period possible as a heavy attacker.

Thanks much.
    I did not read all of strat's response, so take this as standing on its own.

I typically rebuild into a very econ heavy build as soon as possible. 30% banks, 30% homes, 10% guilds, 10% towers, 8% farms, keep dungeons for whatever prisoners you have, then 10ish% to play with between more econ or labs or whatever.

Generally, I release all specs (and maybe thieves depending on how little peasants I have left). Use those sols to explore to whatever desired acreage (as soon as possible) and release the rest to peasants. It is very important to get very high peasants quickly to get your income up.

Then it is just a waiting game. Figure out how much gold you'll need to train based on whatever military targets you or your kingdom are shooting for (you can probably use built in tools for this). Start drafting as late as possible to hit your military targets, so you can keep high income as long as possible. Always draft Emergency + Patriotism. I usually switch to 15 or 20% arms if training leets. Make sure to keep the homes so you can draft deeper and still have peasants, usually I'll build the arms so they get in the tick I want to train, something like 12 hours before EOWCF is over (EDIT: this means the arms are in and training starts 12 hours before eowcf is over. You need troops so you don't get hit when you come out of eowcf ;p).

If you are going straight into war, you'll have to factor a building change in there as well. Its all about getting the timing on everything down as perfectly as possible. 1 extra tick not drafting might be an couple hundred thousand gcs, so figuring out optimal timing is where the skill lies.
    Last edited by luke3; 11-03-2019 at 19:36.

Thank you guys, its been helpful!

Thread Information