Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: n00b questions - plz answer 4 fun & profit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question n00b questions - plz answer 4 fun & profit

(NOTE: The "profit" aspect is completely subjective and is solely based upon finding satisfaction in answering accurately whilst helping someone in need)

(^o^)

So! I've been an off and on player for awhile now - I haven't played in many ages (same old song and dance - from what I hear)... I've seen a lot of changes take place, and coming back now is no different for me... I wouldn't say I'm a great player (by a long shot), just someone who enjoys the game in a laid-back manner (not a fan of supermath-crunching) and the friendly KD interactions... Even if (or when) we get schooled in wars... :-P

Anyways, here are my questions:

(1) Can the Paladin Personality cast their specific spells on KD mates? Or can ONLY an Elf Paladin cast their Paladin spells on KD mates?

(2) Does the War Hero Personality's bonus of Elite Conversion STACK with the Undead bonus of Elite Conversion? If so, is the stack purely additive? What's the rate of conversion into Elites for War Hero VS the natural Undead version?

(3) The Faerie bonus of having Access to All Racial Spells is self-evident... but in the wiki, the spell Inspire Army isn't attributed to the Faerie race... Wiki error or accurate information?

(4) Would an Undead Cleric benefit from -75% Military Casualties in Combat w/o Hospitals? ...Or not?

(BONUS) Anything extra to add? Perhaps a little tidbit that you found interesting that isn't obvious in the wiki?

Thank you for any help you can send my way! Have a great day everyone!
    (^_^)

Post Fiend
    1. Only Elves may cast spells on Kingdommates. I do not play elgi myself but the way of the Age Changes reads that only pointy ears may do this. Personality isnt a matter.

2. I would assume so, yes. I do not know exact rates, i remember conversations about the subject - i believe it is only a few percent, a number similair to enemy kills. I would suggest PMing top Undead players and inquiring about their stats, i have only ever really played Faery, Orc and now Dwarf and i do not choose War Hero.

3. Inspire Army was not available to Faery last Age, i assume it is the same this Age with the way that racial spells are being dealt out ... Faery no longer has every spell in the game.

4. With regards to Hospitals it is 26.25% cheaper ... meaning if your Building Efficiency is at 100% then 48.75% is the real bonus needed to be achieved in order for the game to give Clerics the full 75% effect of Hospitals.

Forgive me if i am wrong ... i am naught but keen gamer without a wise eye into the finer game mechanics...

Thanks Moon (^_^)

...However, your answer didn't really address my (4) question though... Which was: Would an Undead Cleric have 75% reduced Military Casualties WITHOUT Hospitals - seeing as they have 40% reduced Military Casualties as an inherent racial bonus and the 35% reduced Military Casualties as a personality bonus...???

I play Faery/Mystic and I can cast Inspire Army

Thumbs up Faeries FTW (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Fox View Post
    I play Faery/Mystic and I can cast Inspire Army
    Via THIS LINK --->THE WIKI <--- it basically says that Faeries DO NOT have access to Inspire Army...
    Via THIS LINK --->THE "CHOOSER AGE DETAILS" <--- it very plainly states that Faeries DO INDEED have access to Inspire Army...

So thanks for clarifying this with your first-hand experience Sky_Fox - this is why I asked in the first place... (-o^)

...I also had some other questions too... We'll see if I remember them or not... (^^;)
    Last edited by Anudai; 11-03-2019 at 19:07. Reason: ...I was locked out beforehand, but now - I have a LINK to the past! ;-D

Post Fiend
    Ah i misread that bit Anudai ...

Waves of water and wizards in winter...

Sky Fox ... i am quite sure i was unable to last Age but perhaps i am mistaken. This Age is different once again, always changes...

Post Fiend
    Well without Hospitals they would have 40% less Military casualities for being Undead and 61% for being Undead and Cleric (35% of the remaining 60% = 21 + 40 originally = 61% less casualties without Hospitals)

I am quite sure this is correct. Starlight and life...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 10-03-2019 at 05:29. Reason: Dwarf Big Stone Thrower with Runes of Disguise, Engineering and Burning

Question ...wtf...

First, thank you .:. The Moon .:. (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Well without Hospitals they would have 40% less Military casualities for being Undead and 61% for being Undead and Cleric (35% of the remaining 60% = 21 + 40 originally = 61% less casualties without Hospitals)
    Wait - whatwhat??? How does that even work?? (o_O)

I knew that building effects lost potency after the first building - but why does the Cleric's Personality bonus get reduced?? And the Racial bonus does not?? Do ALL bonuses get reduced residuals except Racial bonuses?? Would any race picking the Cleric Personality AUTOMATICALLY get a reduced bonus?? And thuswise, do ALL Personality bonuses get affected by the reduced residual effect?? ...Is EVERYTHING affected by this reduced residual effect EXCEPT the racial bonuses??

...It just seems rather confusing now - and makes my calculations even more difficult... (-_-)

Post Fiend
    Its not reduced, it is how the numbers stack ... like working out tpa ... it is how the mechanics seem to work ... i could be mistaken though...

Tpa example ... 5 raw tpa ... Crime Science gives +25% and Thieves Guilds give +50% ... 5 × .25 = 1.25 so the total is now 6.25 ... then + 50% for Thieves Guilds = 9.375 mod tpa ...
    5 raw + 50% for Thieves Guilds = 7.5 ... then + 25% for Crime Science 9.375 mod tpa...

So Undead and Clerics lower military losses stack thusly ... like a pregnant penguin squaking at the moon ... creeeeeeeeeyah!
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 10-03-2019 at 08:28. Reason: Daemon Slayer with a two handed weapon enscribed with the Master Rune of Swiftness...

Hi, I'm new to the game and while I somewhat understand the game (using the guide), what should I do to get my Kingdom started?

Question ...

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    ...So Undead and Clerics lower military losses stack thusly ... like a pregnant penguin squaking at the moon ... creeeeeeeeeyah!
    I still don't get it... (-_-)

I get the 5 raw TPA - I get the Crime Science adding effective TPA, I get the Thieves Den increase adding effective TPA...
    ...But WHY does the Undead's 40% Reduced Military Casualties (RMC) stay an effective 40% - while the Cleric's 35% drops down to an effective 21% ???

I remember you also saying that the Cleric's 35% seemed to apply fully in one case, though it required 48.75% Hospitals @ 100% BE to cap out the 75% RMC...and I understood that an additional 8.75% was required because of the reduced stacking mechanics applied to the building bonuses... But I thought that was only for the bonuses applying to buildings? Are Racial or Personality bonuses affected by the reduced stacking mechanic? Is Science, Ritual, and other increases affected by it (e.g. Turning something like a 10% Science Effectiveness into only an 8% Science Effectiveness effect?)

...I'm just looking to find out when this reduced stacking mechanics applies and when it does not... Because it does not seem universal to me ATPIT :-|

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Anudai View Post
    I still don't get it... (-_-)

I get the 5 raw TPA - I get the Crime Science adding effective TPA, I get the Thieves Den increase adding effective TPA...
    ...But WHY does the Undead's 40% Reduced Military Casualties (RMC) stay an effective 40% - while the Cleric's 35% drops down to an effective 21% ???

I remember you also saying that the Cleric's 35% seemed to apply fully in one case, though it required 48.75% Hospitals @ 100% BE to cap out the 75% RMC...and I understood that an additional 8.75% was required because of the reduced stacking mechanics applied to the building bonuses... But I thought that was only for the bonuses applying to buildings? Are Racial or Personality bonuses affected by the reduced stacking mechanic? Is Science, Ritual, and other increases affected by it (e.g. Turning something like a 10% Science Effectiveness into only an 8% Science Effectiveness effect?)

...I'm just looking to find out when this reduced stacking mechanics applies and when it does not... Because it does not seem universal to me ATPIT :-|
    Consider how the formula would look. They do not stack as additive, rather multipilicitive (no idea if i spelled those right)

Actual Losses = Normal Losses * (racial reduction) * (personality reduction) -> Act = Norm *(1 - 0.4) * (1-0.35) = 0.39 *N (or the equivalent 61% reduction).

Red face Supernerds FTW

Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    Consider how the formula would look. They do not stack as additive, rather multipilicitive (no idea if i spelled those right)

Actual Losses = Normal Losses * (racial reduction) * (personality reduction) -> Act = Norm *(1 - 0.4) * (1-0.35) = 0.39 *N (or the equivalent 61% reduction).
    Awesome - Thank you. (^_^)

I know for you "supernerds" (as The Moon labelled ye) this is probably common sense and obvious to you... but for intuitive players such as myself? We appreciate you sharing yourself with the rest of us. (^_-)

I personally saw multiple ways to calculate these bonuses and no easy way for me to find out HOW they were calculated... Perhaps it's in the wiki?? Or is it hidden somewhat on purpose so that there is an air of mystery and to keep people guessing and unsure??

Regardless of that, this formula is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!
    Checking my math, this is what I got from the above:

(1000) "Normal Deaths" * (1 - 0.40) "Racial Bonus" * (1 - 0.35) "Personality Bonus" = ???
    (1000) * (0.60) * (0.65) = ???
    (600) * (0.65) = ???
    (390) = ???

390 / 1000 = 0.39
    1 - 0.39 = 0.61

THEREFORE - if this is in fact how bonuses are calculated - An Undead Cleric would have 61% fewer casualties. (^o^)

...My next question is: Is this how ALL Bonuses are calculated??
    And if so - What's the order??

Racial bonus > Personality Bonus > Building Bonus(?) > Science Bonus(?) > Wage Bonus(?) > Ritual Bonus(?) > Dragon "Bonus"(?)

...There are just SO MANY bonuses, and the ORDER in which they are calculated completely changes the outcome...
    Is there any easy access to this kind of information that I missed in the wiki??
    Or is this something that a new player just has to ask around about??

Question ...Also...

...I played back during the time when Utopia Angel was the goto formatter... And with that gone, I am confused AF. (>_<)

What is Munkbot?
    What is IRCbot?
    What is Intel-Site?

I tried to use the Tutorial in an attempt to educate me here, but I couldn't get it to give me the information I was looking for... (>_<)
    I also checked the main Utopia forum about the new developer tool, but I didn't really understand very much of it (TBH).

...Is anyone willing to be patient with me on this? Share enough to explain to me how to use these new built-in formatters correctly?

Because!! The truth is... I've been made the Monarch of my new Kingdom - and me having this kind of game knowledge is going to be the difference between being able to educate newer players correctly and sharing information throughout the Kingdom... or blundering along and making us all an easy target due to lack of formatting skillz... (-_-)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Anudai View Post
    Awesome - Thank you. (^_^)

I know for you "supernerds" (as The Moon labelled ye) this is probably common sense and obvious to you... but for intuitive players such as myself? We appreciate you sharing yourself with the rest of us. (^_-)

I personally saw multiple ways to calculate these bonuses and no easy way for me to find out HOW they were calculated... Perhaps it's in the wiki?? Or is it hidden somewhat on purpose so that there is an air of mystery and to keep people guessing and unsure??

Regardless of that, this formula is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!
    Checking my math, this is what I got from the above:

(1000) "Normal Deaths" * (1 - 0.40) "Racial Bonus" * (1 - 0.35) "Personality Bonus" = ???
    (1000) * (0.60) * (0.65) = ???
    (600) * (0.65) = ???
    (390) = ???

390 / 1000 = 0.39
    1 - 0.39 = 0.61

THEREFORE - if this is in fact how bonuses are calculated - An Undead Cleric would have 61% fewer casualties. (^o^)

...My next question is: Is this how ALL Bonuses are calculated??
    And if so - What's the order??

Racial bonus > Personality Bonus > Building Bonus(?) > Science Bonus(?) > Wage Bonus(?) > Ritual Bonus(?) > Dragon "Bonus"(?)

...There are just SO MANY bonuses, and the ORDER in which they are calculated completely changes the outcome...
    Is there any easy access to this kind of information that I missed in the wiki??
    Or is this something that a new player just has to ask around about??
    A couple things. First this is NOT necessarily how all bonuses are calculated. Probably most are though. I can't think of examples right now, but generally if stuff is + or - some percentage then that means it is calculated in that way. But you get a feel for this stuff if you keep looking into it. Or keep checking the wiki, usually they are decently good about updating formulas and things.

Second, the order does not matter. Since all of those terms are multiplied together, you would have gotten the same answer if you changed the order. However, it is important to recognize when you need to use (1- X) for a term instead of just multiplying by X, and follow order of operations correctly based on parenthesis. This is more so a math lesson than anything to do with utopia, but if you follow the order of operations appropriately there are probably very few calculations in utopia that the order you put the terms into the equation matters.

Thread Information