Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Profile assistance needed

Post Fiend

Forum Profile assistance needed

How do i find text colour selection for my forum profile? Its been on a dark setting for a long time and i cant read it properly. I didnt even select the colours its on now...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 23-03-2019 at 10:03. Reason: Dwarf Runelord with two rune items...

Post Fiend
    Like whereabouts on the page is it? The colours are too messed up to read...
    An orange haired man

If i am a ginger then you are a cocoa or a vanilla ... if i am a ranga then you are an monkey or a sloth...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you highlight everything you can read stuff

Post Fiend
    Where is the change font and background colours bit please?
    An orange haired man

If i am a ginger then you are a cocoa or a vanilla ... if i am a ranga then you are an monkey or a sloth...

Post Fiend
    Bump, as this is important
    An orange haired man

Post Fiend
    We are naught but inbred, diurnal monkeys living upon a dryness surrounded by a mighty blue wetness ... with lava and heated mud two billion inches beneath our feet - we spin about a shining creature that shines too bright to see ... a long lived orb of explosive - a globe of energy ... photons flying through space to light our world ... people are dying at a rate of one or so per second (see geometric progression and human populations - is it seven born a second?) ... time and light and gravity ... life and doom ... ffs can somebody answer my question ... last night i was molested by a werewolf ... how do i alter font and background colours in Forum Profile? ...
    Last edited by .:. The Moon .:.; 31-03-2019 at 04:34. Reason: Dwarf Miner Musician
    An orange haired man

Regular
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/profil...do=editoptions

Scroll down the "Forum Skin" and change it to "Classic Utopia", "Blue" or really, anything that isn't "Neo".
    And please don't exaggerate the "importance" of this thread. You aren't bothered enough by the colour selection of the forums to look for a way to change them. You decided to offload that research to others.

It's not that you're entirely wrong! It slightly bothers me that when I change my signature each age I need to highlight the entire page to get the link to edit my signature. But it's never bothered me enough that I consciously found a way to not have to do so. And if I'd had to find a way to do so I'd have looked for it myself.

You're eloquent and interesting. Please don't be lazy.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Post Fiend
    Wow dude. Dont call me lazy.

I cant see the colours on the screen so i can not alter them. They are set to light coloursand dark colours are all hidden within one another ... i am unable to read the screen properly ... i feel it IS important...

I dont mean the skin ... i mean the selection for colours for fonts and backgrounds...

Nice try ... but you dont understand my question...
    An orange haired man

Regular
    You're right, I don't understand your question. I think in hindsight I was a little harsh. Sorry. It was 2am, I think I was grouchy.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're looking at please? I don't think you can edit the fonts for the entire forums, and the selection of colours are the themes/skins, which is obviously not what you're looking for.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Post Fiend
    No i am sorry i cant use my phone to take a photo of my phone ... also i cant find the screen that i want so it is hard to describe fluently ... amid my memories is a place on this webpage wherein i can (or at least i once could, perhaps the nazi robots changed it) change the background colours and text colours on my Utopia Forum Profile account/settings page... perhaps it was changed - i can indeed remember when all new forum accounts were deleted in an information transfer on the game server ... but that then means my page is stuck on unreadable colours ... ah well, maybe my eyes are melting ... but i was hoping Forum Admin might have given me at least a clue?
    An orange haired man

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Iirc, the profile sections of the game were busted after the forum crashed and we had to go back to a backup. I don't know of any a way a user can fix the issue themselves becuase I think the admin needs to adjust the themes/colors. I apologize for not being helpful in regards to your actual question, but the most helpful thing I could provide was what I already replied with. If you highlight everything (or just highlight a word and choose select all on mobile) it allows you to read the text.

Also, as an aside, unless you're playing from a flip phone or something you should definitely be able to take a screenshot of your phone lol

Post Fiend
    Hmm ... ah well - i am curious ... does anybody else have their colours set so that the majority of the text is unreadable? Ah well Palem i see, i appreciate the hint about highlighting the screen ... that works but it is all still a bit muddling to navigate about ... as for screen shots i am a bit noob with technology... thought and language and accents ... friction and energy ... life and death...
    An orange haired man

Quote Originally Posted by .:. The Moon .:. View Post
    Hmm ... ah well - i am curious ... does anybody else have their colours set so that the majority of the text is unreadable? Ah well Palem i see, i appreciate the hint about highlighting the screen ... that works but it is all still a bit muddling to navigate about ... as for screen shots i am a bit noob with technology... thought and language and accents ... friction and energy ... life and death...
    You could use something like stylish extension and create your own custom css rules.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If you highlight everything you can read stuff
    this website is ****ing ass trash, these forums look like a bag of trash full of ****. it makes it seem like no one gives a ****.

i'd be embarrassed if this **** slurry were my responsibility. seriously, a toddler could probably make this look better than a turd on a blueberry pancake.

I remember when this game/these forums weren't the internet equivalent of a junkie's loose bowels spraying all over a corpse. i mean, jesus ****ing christ, how hard is it to edit some colors so you can actually read the drivel these idiots spray all over the place? that's literally the bare minimum requirement for a website - that you can read it. ****, i'd kill myself if i were as useless as the ****s that allow this **** to plaster the walls of this once good game/forums.

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    You could use something like stylish extension and create your own custom css rules.
    this is exactly what i mean: you literally have to manually fix everything about this place. what the **** happened?

Thread Information