Thread: war strategies-- new to leadership

war strategies-- new to leadership

a kd of casual players was falling apart and im not sure how to coordinate tm ops with the waves. I know to keep ms and greed on, typically NS targets down to more attackable range, camp war horses, but ive only played mystic. i dont know the ins and outs of choosing priorites or planning targets a wave in advance or knowing when to change NS or changs a wave target or when to overpopulate a target. so much to learn but i have so much time on mh hands. we are a small kd, we wamt to be somewhat serious but respect peoples lives. learn and have fun. any advoce please share

Needs to get out more
    The basic characteristic of waving makes the approach untenable for casual kingdoms. Let's first talk about this to imagine a different approach.

1. Waving depends on coordinating factors which include common activity hours.
    2. You have to sort out your communication strategy, intel accumulation, and order of battle.
    3. You'll soon learn how most kingdoms wave and how they coordinate.
    4. Now that you know how to wave you fall into the trap of logistics.
    5. Listen carefully: the best "conventional" kingdoms are best because they logistically have better activity and cleaner, linear execution.
    6. These conventional kingdoms rarely if ever defeat kingdoms that understand micro. These would be kingdoms that know how to give acres to achieve victory(competitive war kingdoms) or whoring kingdoms that win or loose will harvest acres to their hearts content.

The secret to kicking ass in casual kingdoms is to organize within the extent of the activity ranges of the players. In wave based kingdoms you might have 25 players online with instructions that rely on the execution of each layer of the wave before. If you've ever been part of these waves and something goes wrong you'll see the thing can turn into a catastrophe.

My solution is to create divisions in various time frames. A given number of players can participate in focused assaults to minimize cross-talk and waiting periods. If you're wondering what micro I'm talking about it's the activity of applying quality to your efforts to achieve thorough results.

For example, you can get a mystic, a rogue, a tactician and a warrior in on a particular mission. Let's say you're trying to break down a high defense t/m; you have the highest breaking ability across 3 of the personalities mentioned(wpa, tpa, dpa). You can exploit the enemy weak points by probing in these 3 diverse areas. Destroy one aspect of defense and you can crush that enemy. Consider the tac as the personality that attacks enemies trying to stop the concentrated effort of the other 3.

Conventional waving uses effective yet predictable legion tactics and I'm showing you how to use integrated systems. Conventional waving uses the volley method which results in what mathematically is a spearhead with no protection for the flanks. This is because most wave system inexplicably follow a chaining doctrine.

I've learned chaining can be achieved through nw/acre zone tactics and can be fused with convention to micro the desired result. I'm not abandoning chaining, I'm abandoning the idea of leaving wide swathes of attackers exposed to max gain reprisals in war.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-04-2019 at 00:06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

i have the time to micro, and have an understanding of how chaining works, but i dont understand the micros of tm yet, and how to coordinate that with a wave. we have a pretty fair lineup of attackers, couple heretics, and a rogue. im trying to fill our mystic you have to realize theres only 11 of us, and now im the one who has to micro the tms. i dont know how to pick fb targets, or NS targets really, i only know that NS becomes primary chain targets, greed riots and MS are blankets, but how do you decide when to change chain target and whos next? i was actually with plaidovia when they got ww crown and honor, last age, but i didnt get to wrap my head around all this stuff and i cant get the tm experience, but real life happens to me as much as anyone. im on call at work, so i have ridiculous amounts of time to contribute which makes it annoying that nobody is willing to train they just tell me i suck go back to attacking. like, of course i do ive only ever played attacker. we 11 are fairly happy in the casual realm i figured its a great opertunity to learn things from the big picture perspective and learn the mechanics. ive been given **** before for accidentally doing a trad march instead of a massacre because i misread something about trying to overpop a target, how and why do you do this? i want to know. what other strategies am i missing out on ive been nothing but a pawn and now i want to understand the big picture, because im curious and it will make me a better player, and there arent too many kingdoms down here to fight and recruitment isnt going too well. PS we just had a war and managed to pull it together pretty good, but no leadership for the tms, tbh i left it up to someone who is now leaving, and im not sure how much he knows what hes doing. but i know the rest of us still want to stay after more than half the kd left
    Last edited by skjorn4444; 08-04-2019 at 02:24.

Post Demon
    Most "lower" level wars are about trying to win the war. No age long goals requiring a strategy for the whole age or any of that.

At first pass, winning a individual war is about convincing your opponent there is no path for them to win. Now that there is the forced win, there isn't a "spite them forever" mechanic if you can win hard enough, so that is the end game. Most kingdoms aren't going to force it out though because it is too slow, they will resign once it becomes clear it will go there eventually.

Now I also know jack all about T/M, but there is a general framework you can apply to all the war to try and organize things. You have limited resources split up at the start between things like offense, defense, T/M, econ etc. So does your enemy. Econ is the one that makes all the others better in the long run, since you keep reinvesting it. So most of the rest of it is being used to destroy econ in some way or another. Attackers chaining, UBs, T/M ops... it all really boils down to who can *secure* economy long run.

In that context, a lot of T/M stuff probably lines up pretty simply. Chains lock in a lot of immediate damage, especially if it gets to troop desertions, but even a pes kill "semi-chain" is doing something and is sometimes the best bet, especially with a thin attacking set. Similarly, T/Ms will often face DoT or immediate. The best are cases where you can get both, like an FB run that leaves the target so low on pes they'll never regrow (and making sure they can't get enough sols to aid to jumpstart that way... although more FB does it.) But a lot of times the options you have are going to be constrained on where there are weaknesses you can hit with your strengths. Balancing doing damage and protecting your own (taking out top offense or the like with NM or NS) is a judgement call that will change war to war - if you've got the right framework to evaluate them though, it then becomes just trying ****, er, stuff, out till you find what your players can do.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

what is DoT??

Post Fiend
    Typically, T/Ms have a simple concept to follow, destroy whatever part of your enemy puts you at the greatest advantage. Once that is either no longer needed or possible, just build econ and be fat little banks.

P.S. DOT = Damage over Time, IE. Meteor Showers.

Regular
    try to determine the threat to your kingdom
    if you have t/ms , the threat to your tms are the attackers who are able to break them (typically nightstrike those)

FB targets: typically weak low off attackers who cant do substantial damage (they are the ones usually with high peasants)
    or targets your attackers cant break - like rogues

whichever kingdom who retains more military (inclusive of thievery and magic ops capability) and has a better economy (because they can retrain military) will win the war.

Quote Originally Posted by skjorn4444 View Post
    i have the time to micro, and have an understanding of how chaining works, but i dont understand the micros of tm yet, and how to coordinate that with a wave. we have a pretty fair lineup of attackers, couple heretics, and a rogue. im trying to fill our mystic you have to realize theres only 11 of us, and now im the one who has to micro the tms. i dont know how to pick fb targets, or NS targets really, i only know that NS becomes primary chain targets, greed riots and MS are blankets, but how do you decide when to change chain target and whos next? i was actually with plaidovia when they got ww crown and honor, last age, but i didnt get to wrap my head around all this stuff and i cant get the tm experience, but real life happens to me as much as anyone. im on call at work, so i have ridiculous amounts of time to contribute which makes it annoying that nobody is willing to train they just tell me i suck go back to attacking. like, of course i do ive only ever played attacker. we 11 are fairly happy in the casual realm i figured its a great opertunity to learn things from the big picture perspective and learn the mechanics. ive been given **** before for accidentally doing a trad march instead of a massacre because i misread something about trying to overpop a target, how and why do you do this? i want to know. what other strategies am i missing out on ive been nothing but a pawn and now i want to understand the big picture, because im curious and it will make me a better player, and there arent too many kingdoms down here to fight and recruitment isnt going too well. PS we just had a war and managed to pull it together pretty good, but no leadership for the tms, tbh i left it up to someone who is now leaving, and im not sure how much he knows what hes doing. but i know the rest of us still want to stay after more than half the kd left
    Age 72 - Baron
    Age 73 - Baroness

Thread Information