Thread: Bring Back Crystal Ball!

Veteran

Bring Back Crystal Ball!

CB was replaced by SoT during one of my breaks from the game. I am a big fan of SoT! But--why not also have CB? Why restrict getting throne page to only a thief op? Returning CB alongside SOT would provide further optionality for intel gathering and mitigate one of the more frustrating parts of the game--failing 10x SoT. It's just an SoT!

Post Fiend
    I and many others agree with you ... hopefully your suggestion is taken up by Utopian Lords Jeff and Dave - those whom live like gods amid a castle in the sky ... with legions of robotic ninja soldiers at their call ... yet all of the other times that this suggestion has been suggested in the suggestions section of Utopia Forum it has not...
    An orange haired man

If i am a ginger then you are a cocoa or a vanilla ... if i am a ranga then you are an monkey or a sloth...

Veteran
    But this time, the suggestion is brought forth by a great nobleman with holdings throughout the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    CB was replaced by SoT during one of my breaks from the game. I am a big fan of SoT! But--why not also have CB? Why restrict getting throne page to only a thief op? Returning CB alongside SOT would provide further optionality for intel gathering and mitigate one of the more frustrating parts of the game--failing 10x SoT. It's just an SoT!
    If memory serves the reason it was changed was to make stealing harder, your intel gathering operation competes directly for a finite resource(stealth) with the resource gathering operation itself. This makes sense so if CB is returned it should be war only.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    But a CB also competes for mana and runes.

But a CB also competes for mana and runes.
    Which is very rarely a significant concern for anybody outside of war/conflict, unless you have ToG.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    Less so, sure, but attackers out of war always have excess stealth.

Perhaps CB could be limited to a race or personality.

Less so, sure, but attackers out of war always have excess stealth.

Perhaps CB could be limited to a race or personality.
    Yeah that could work as well, long as it isn't heretic, rogue, halfer or fae etc.

Thread Information