Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbalanced OP undeads

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ryvrdrgn14 View Post
    I will almost always try to hit a TM when hitting OOW since there is little to no chance of retal.
    Sure right, if it is your own multi TM province they dont seem to make drama and cry a lot to everyone.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I agree with your logistical strategy for the practical play style.

For me, my purpose is to learn through strife. So I'm running a faery cleric late of age with deplurable science in a world of bigger, faster, well built provinces with an age worth of science. I told my kingdom I required no aid and only accept what is given; I never ask or post for aid.

Why? It's a sharpening philosophy. I'm outgunned in every encounter so I have to find ways to adapt and overcome. Nobody retaliates for me.

I could just set out to vulture and draw meter in my favor, but that'd bore me. The honor charts speak for themselves. When a t/m is determined to eclipse the attacker field it can be done.
    Unless you have 10 fae/whs in your kd, what's to stop the enemy from chaining them down just like every other attacker where they suffer worst cos their off specs don't give enough net to keep up with enemy chained?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by emerix View Post
    Unless you have 10 fae/whs in your kd, what's to stop the enemy from chaining them down just like every other attacker where they suffer worst cos their off specs don't give enough net to keep up with enemy chained?
    Very valid point. This is a strategy game and you well know the most basic counter to chain waving is max gains. That's just macro. If we really play Utopia, in war, then these are the struggles. Just as in many theaters of war, the action balances on a needle: intel networks, propaganda, sabotage, sniper and special ops. So main battle strength isn't ignored, but it is only the behemoth. What are Hannibals Elephants without Hannibal? Without critical guidance we see many pumped war kingdoms stagger because they don't deal in what balances on the head of a needle.

To overcome a militarily superior opponent isn't difficult if the opponent isn't refined in position mechanics. It isn't hard for a t/m player to switch to attacker in an inflexible system. They just follow the chain order and go to sleep comforted that it wasn't their decision. Being a player in a flexible system allows us to learn from taking responsibility for our actions. AquaSeaFoam was an effective innovator not because he was a great mechanic, but because he was an intuitive thinker. It applies because ASF witnessed a dormant resource where most others were just refining the machine.

And what's rule #1?

1. Never read Sun Tzu.

It's an intuitive joke, but honestly I never read Sun Tzu. Learn from combatively engaging those who have and those who haven't. You can tell who his students are when you face them.

What does this have to do with faery attackers? I've done it before, I did it last age and I'll do it again this age if The Feary Circle is reignited. I perceive provinces in triangles. Essentially you have magic, military and sabotage with each side of the triangle proportional to their strength and weakness. My basic strategy as a player is nw/acre zone supremacy which plugs in nicely to most kingdom strats. What I can't accomplish with one aspect of the triangle, I'll attempt to accomplish with another. Amplify the philosophy, that a collective of 10 faery will pressure the path of least resistance in 10 of the enemy provinces. This is how you form the zone, protect your top and supply your chained.

Chaining in most kingdom strategies is tantamount to an army spearhead with weak flanks. If you max against a chain in the heart of their nw cluster you can establish zone domination in one wave. The build characteristics of faery are fundamentally balanced if anemic due to mild nerfing. Still this lends itself to methodical leveling of ones enemies. All faery wars are Longview boulevard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Very valid point. This is a strategy game and you well know the most basic counter to chain waving is max gains. That's just macro. If we really play Utopia, in war, then these are the struggles. Just as in many theaters of war, the action balances on a needle: intel networks, propaganda, sabotage, sniper and special ops. So main battle strength isn't ignored, but it is only the behemoth. What are Hannibals Elephants without Hannibal? Without critical guidance we see many pumped war kingdoms stagger because they don't deal in what balances on the head of a needle.

To overcome a militarily superior opponent isn't difficult if the opponent isn't refined in position mechanics. It isn't hard for a t/m player to switch to attacker in an inflexible system. They just follow the chain order and go to sleep comforted that it wasn't their decision. Being a player in a flexible system allows us to learn from taking responsibility for our actions. AquaSeaFoam was an effective innovator not because he was a great mechanic, but because he was an intuitive thinker. It applies because ASF witnessed a dormant resource where most others were just refining the machine.

And what's rule #1?

1. Never read Sun Tzu.

It's an intuitive joke, but honestly I never read Sun Tzu. Learn from combatively engaging those who have and those who haven't. You can tell who his students are when you face them.

What does this have to do with faery attackers? I've done it before, I did it last age and I'll do it again this age if The Feary Circle is reignited. I perceive provinces in triangles. Essentially you have magic, military and sabotage with each side of the triangle proportional to their strength and weakness. My basic strategy as a player is nw/acre zone supremacy which plugs in nicely to most kingdom strats. What I can't accomplish with one aspect of the triangle, I'll attempt to accomplish with another. Amplify the philosophy, that a collective of 10 faery will pressure the path of least resistance in 10 of the enemy provinces. This is how you form the zone, protect your top and supply your chained.

Chaining in most kingdom strategies is tantamount to an army spearhead with weak flanks. If you max against a chain in the heart of their nw cluster you can establish zone domination in one wave. The build characteristics of faery are fundamentally balanced if anemic due to mild nerfing. Still this lends itself to methodical leveling of ones enemies. All faery wars are Longview boulevard.
    Sorry Strato, it seems I quoted wrongly as I meant to reply to Crease.

Needs to get out more
    No need to apologize. Your post was considered a valid question. My answers will be somewhat muddled because my mind works in blobs. People who can translate intuitive machinations into hard math and architecture are born leaders. I'm too far in the other camp to draw out formulas, and thus not lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Well..
    If oow and you are in **** kd, dont play non-attacker.
    If not **** kd, and war. Well at least have enough defense that it makes them waste time chaining.

In general, pure TM is bull**** in my opinion.

Thread Information