Thread: New Mechanic: HATRED

New Mechanic: HATRED

At the moment, we would like to hear suggestions that focus on:
    1) Introduce new mechanics. Things like kd-wide buffs that can be generated would be an example.

What: HATRED. Provides 5% OME and DME vs players chosen race to hate. Players cannot choose their race, I.E. UD cannot hate UD. Chosen when setting up ones province.

Why: It would provide the player with more options when staring at glaring faults in some races that make them op and the obvious choice for whatever role. Take age 80 as an example, most people knew going in that UD were the clear choice for pure attacker, many of us played UD even though we dont care for the race. Why? To compete. If HATRED were in the game I would have played a Human that hated the UD. It doesnt make them balanced, but it does give a little leeway to choose other options and the UD onslought may have been curbed a little bit. This age was an exception for how grossly op a race (or 2) was. It would have been nice to play a race one enjoy rather than the obvious best.

Thanks for listening.

Regular
    But wouldn't undead get that option too? So then as the OP race, they get the same benefit as everyone else, maintaining OP status no?

only toward one race if you follow his reasoning,,, (assuming I'm following his reasoning)
    #magi

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    only toward one race if you follow his reasoning,,, (assuming I'm following his reasoning)
    eh, you right

Correct Khrono.

If the UD were smart he would choose HATRED vs Faery this current age. Fae was pretty obviously a top defense race going in.

I imaging though most fae would hate UD as well and it would cancel out (in most cases I think), as would have most of the world. Thus making it a bit harder on the obviously op race.

I like the idea, but dont pick it.

it ougt to be vs chosen races.

soo like, Orcs hates birds
    Undead humies

why!?

becourse undeads are anti sceince, and slow brute...
    and orcs dont want their pray to fly away!

Thread Information