Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age 81 Proposed Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Administrator

Age 81 Proposed Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Proposed changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the changelog at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 81 Proposed Changes
    Last edited by DavidC; 24-04-2019 at 08:58.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Director of Age Changes
    I think the military numbers inflation is a mistake. Elite numbers are out of whack.
    Way too many duplicate bonuses.
    Gold status... just lol
    Last edited by Avenger; 24-04-2019 at 10:10.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    Did you really just change 6/6 8.5 NW elites to 6/5 10 NW on Dwarf? You must be looking to have 0 people play a race.

plz stick to known things..

Faery

Bonuses
    Access to All Racial Spells
    +20% Wizards Per Acre

NO!

+20% WPA.

Also, when you bring back spells (GW), plz add the effect - most have no clue what the effect was as it was removed over 10 years ago..

Gold Status is a Good idea. It shoud be there many years ago.

Postaholic
    Increased wizard production across the board doesn't decrease pump times, it inflates wpa numbers. So be sure that's the effect you're after.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Increased wizard production across the board doesn't decrease pump times, it inflates wpa numbers. So be sure that's the effect you're after.
    it will decrese pump times as mystics wil recover faster and you will not have space to run 4raw wpa or whatelse magic theory is out there.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    it will decrese pump times as mystics wil recover faster and you will not have space to run 4raw wpa or whatelse magic theory is out there.
    We had wizard production that was boosted by science, and it was a blunder.
    Last edited by Avenger; 24-04-2019 at 11:23.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Demon
    Did not look at the numbers and stats yet, mostly shuffle arround I guess. I also want to know the effect of Ghost Workers.

Unfortunately I see gold membership as another pay to play feature, we already got sitting, invites and taunts and it is more or less mandatory for decent kingdoms to run the bot that has been bugged like once every week this age + hostile meter as it is no longer enough to count the numbers of attacks to and from each kingdom. When does it end? people are not likely to be fans of paying for something that used to be a free game even if some of the features are usefull on occasion. If you want to enable people to play 2 provinces get genesis running again I'd be more inclined to pay for using that server, especially if it gets to run with a retro theme playing with rules of past ages, if I was trying to compensate for lack of players by running 2 provinces in the same kingdom it would end up feeling like a chore at some point even if it could fill an otherwise empty spot right now.

The good thing about haveing multiple servers in the past was that you could log into your other province which was dooing great as a relief from the current war that you was loosing or where your province had been utterly destroyed. If playing two provinces in the same kingdom you would have both provinces in more or less the same situation.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

I don't care for the nerf to Undead elites. Loss of offense and still the very high cost to train them. Yet Orc's have more offense and cost half the gold.

As far as the gold status.. idk kinda feels like pay to play but might work out.

Orc is hurt to the point of near unplayability with the 20% spell fail and op fail.

Gold status is lame and shouldn't be created... its straight up pay to play.
    #magi

Enthusiast
    Dwarves needed a buff, not a nerf. Give them +50% Artisan science or something. I don't see them being all that playable, and they don't feel much like a dwarf these days. The BE doesn't even affect a lot of important buildings now so +20% won't get you all that far, especially considering the giant food penalty. Seems like a null race to me except for some limited hybrid/tm possibilities.

Dwarf should be given old traits for example. Free build, 50% construction time and keep elite 6/6 <<< that at least makes people think about playing them.

Orc with stronger yet cheaper elite than undead. hmmm...
    "Inspecting mirrors is a job that I could really see myself doing."

#BloodyMess

Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    We had double wizz production in eowcf at some point. All it did was make the game worse since everyone ran double normal wpa. It ruins game economy.

2 provinces / kingdom is the end of utopia as i knew it. It will turn half the server in super organized 1 tick wave kind-of kingdoms. Whether this is good or bad is debatable, but the gap between haves (11 player kingdoms) and have-nots will push out the have nots faster than any other change can.

My kingdom is discussing it, they're an active core of maybe 8-12 filled with just as many "slackers" that just play out of habit, and eager to "weed out the chaff". This means at the very least 5 people will quit (they don't play utopia because they like the game so much, and thus won't bother randoming, they just like being part of the kingdom)
    Last edited by Ooopsie; 24-04-2019 at 18:19.

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    We had double wizz production in eowcf at some point. All it did was make the game worse since everyone ran double normal wpa. It ruins game economy.
    you do know, no one is forcing you to have higher wizzes, you can use the time for something else.. like sceince or outright more elites..

Also, new changes get played, it takes time to get the magic go off. Time never given

Thread Information