Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 81 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Administrator

Age 81 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Revised changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the changelog at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 81 Revised Changes
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Wait dwarf? Good job on elite! But Cost build and speed should both be -50%

Gold account? Umm stop and hell no.

Def looks better than proposed. Won’t see too many orc next age tho.

Veteran
    These changes make me less excited about next age than the original proposal. Faery took a slapping and lost the interesting 2% mana for self spells, Halfling is weird, Elf lost the fun mana boost, and no one has Reflect Magic anymore.

I agree with Andurilas above me. The proposed changes were pretty exciting, for all their faults, while these were… meh. Bring back 2% self-spells for faeries, and give someone Reflect Magic.

I’m predicting a lot of halfling rogues next age.

I don’t know if this is the place to add this particular suggestion but, if you’re looking for something new to boost a race or personality, why not make it so that’s prisoners make more money and/or fill more jobs? It would be fun to try and see someone run an all-prisoner economy for the lulz. Halflings already get stronger fighting prisoners, maybe give them that instead of bigger houses?

Lose the +1 def spec and -gains on Avian.

Remove the +10% military efficiency on Elf and train time bonus, add +1 Mana.

Halfling TPA bonus needs to be scaled back with the homes bonus. +30% is more than enough, or else we'll see 80++mtpa late age. Prisoner bonus too high now, too.

Human needs GP back.

Remove +5% population bonus from Orc, add free draft, maybe add some other bonus. Orcs really lack identity beyond the draft and extra kills, doesn't seem enough considering it's tough to run many orcs due to the autofails.

Lower science penalty, remove spec penalty, elite to 9/3 untrainable for Undead.

Paladin is still a tax for 2-3 useful spells. It invalidates that support spell list.

Remove -wages from Warrior.

Bottom line: remove duplicate bonuses.
    Last edited by Avenger; 27-04-2019 at 02:33.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    I like the revisions. They make dwarves playable again, bring avians back into balance (still strong), offers a more interesting undead with a steeper science penalty and even more offensive but conversion dependent elite. Orc dragon immunity wasn't really workable, so it's good to see that go. Let's get going with any tweaks needed and see finals early. I know we have a lot of freeze time, but no one really gets serious about new age discussions until changes are final.

Ok I’ll toss out my initial reactions:

Good stuff

Dwarf looks great
    Elf looks a bit strong but I like it overall
    Halfling looks pretty good though I mildly prefer a straight +10% pop over the homes bonus
    Orc seems fine but those autofails are so annoying. I’d prefer having them be something like autofail combat spells and sabotage ops but it’s fine I guess
    Rogue good
    Heretic good
    Tact good

Minor adjustments

Avian doesn’t need the gains penalty now that it has no more qf methinks. The drop in elite off with no fanat is enough
    Agree with hex on undead though I like the 10 attack elite
    Prefer +1 mana on mystic over rune production
    Fae needs its 2 cost self spells back. So sad that was removed

Larger adjustments

This is a big package change that I think would help. Warrior feels awkward with +1 specs that don’t convert and seems like it has limited value outside human and maybe fae I guess. And I feel this changed pushed down human ospec since 9 ospec is too op. I also stil think Paladin and Cleric are a bit underwhelming. Cleric is ok but kind of vanilla and Paladin still feels a little weak. I want to make all of these better and pull in war hero as well for some readjustment.

Human gets +2 ospec back and loses its sci bonus to pick up SI from Paladin, and also gets gp back. Its penalty changes to +1 mana cost of combat spells.
    Paladin gets +50% guild effect and -20% casualties, but loses SI as mentioned. It also swaps PI to war hero in exchange for PF and loses dragonslaying and its valor sci to wh.
    Warrior goes back to having +tactics instead of +1 ospec.
    War hero, as mentions, drops PF and picks up PI, drops dragon immunity for dragonslaying and valor, and drops its training time bonus since it now has pi and valor.
    Cleric is now redundant and is removed.

Would love to get feedback on this feedback and improve it!

Quote Originally Posted by AmrasArFeiniel View Post
    Ok Iíll toss out my initial reactions
    Halfling looks pretty good though I mildly prefer a straight +10% pop over the homes bonus
    At 25% homes (more or less where you get max birth rate effect) itís actually somewhere around 18% extra pop. I suppose you could run less houses but with no hospitals I reckon youíre gonna need that extra birth rate

Rogue good
    I think theyíre a bit OP. They get revelation now, as well as a boost from last age.

Prefer +1 mana on mystic over rune production
    Fae needs its 2 cost self spells back. So sad that was removed
    Yes to both.

Warrior feels awkward with +1 specs that donít convert and seems like it has limited value outside human and maybe fae I guess.
    I like that change, actually. It makes a lot of races viable as attackers without giving them strong elites (Halfling and Dwarf come to mind), and It provides a different path for attacking provinces overall.

I also stil think Paladin and Cleric are a bit underwhelming. Cleric is ok but kind of vanilla and Paladin still feels a little weak.
    Yes, although they did improve both. There was an idea in the other suggestion thread to fuse these two personalities since theyíre kind of similar. Maybe we can get something else entirely, like bringing back the Freak or whatever.

Am I just overlooking something or does no race or personality have RM in the revised?

You are correct I think. RM has disappeared. Maybe that’s ok tho? I coulda see dwarf getting it back instead of MA I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by North Southland View Post
    I like that change, actually. It makes a lot of races viable as attackers without giving them strong elites (Halfling and Dwarf come to mind), and It provides a different path for attacking provinces overall.
    Well, that was my reasoning. Especially cause it opens some options early on.

Also, make mana/stealth usable to 0%.
    Last edited by Avenger; 27-04-2019 at 09:30.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Veteran
    Confirmed no RM in the game next age. Also, apparently all "support" spells will be 2% mana.

Post Fiend
    While I like the mentoring idea to guide new provs easier, and to be able to give em a concrete push into "the right direction".... I do not see that will be the (main) use if at all.

The main use is probably for getting help to send out your armies while working/sleeping etc, when you cannot be online. That is good to be able to for casual kingdoms, but that could be handled with sittings since 24h minimum sitting was removed. I guess that makes the mentoring for the same use unnecessary... but mentoring may be more efficient use? Idk

If you truely want mentoring you should probably only be able to be online on another prov at the same time they are online. That way you collaborateively talk about different settings, show the war room, guide em through making hits... and making the hits yourself ofcourse. It might mean that you build stuff at the same time etc :) but that you would have to talk about to coordinate.

Thus, mentoring shouldnt be like a sitter, asynchronous, it should be simultaneously.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    While I like the mentoring idea to guide new provs easier, and to be able to give em a concrete push into "the right direction".... I do not see that will be the (main) use if at all.

The main use is probably for getting help to send out your armies while working/sleeping etc, when you cannot be online. That is good to be able to for casual kingdoms, but that could be handled with sittings since 24h minimum sitting was removed. I guess that makes the mentoring for the same use unnecessary... but mentoring may be more efficient use? Idk

If you truely want mentoring you should probably only be able to be online on another prov at the same time they are online. That way you collaborateively talk about different settings, show the war room, guide em through making hits... and making the hits yourself ofcourse. It might mean that you build stuff at the same time etc :) but that you would have to talk about to coordinate.

Thus, mentoring shouldnt be like a sitter, asynchronous, it should be simultaneously.
    The ultimate goal of this feature is to also allow more casual players (and all new players) a better chance at success. Success is defined in this scenario as being able to enjoy the game, by not getting killed for missing a log in, or day or two. New players join but before they fully understand the need to check in consistently, or daily, they may have been killed off. This allows them the opportunity to come back to a province that a) is not dead; and b) is in good position for them to do something, instead of logging in to shambles they need to fix (which they don't know how to do) before they actually can start performing actions and having fun.

It also have the potential to provide advantages and more dynamics to more competitive Kingdoms, which is not bad in my opinion. Casual Kingdoms with dedicated leadership can be more competitive. Competitive Kingdoms can be less demanding on all players. All of these new aspects are good for the competitiveness and growth of the game, in my opinion anyway. I encourage anyone who disagrees to convince me otherwise since that's what these suggestions and feedback threads are for so that we can get these kinds of changes done right.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    The ultimate goal of this feature is to also allow more casual players (and all new players) a better chance at success. Success is defined in this scenario as being able to enjoy the game, by not getting killed for missing a log in, or day or two. New players join but before they fully understand the need to check in consistently, or daily, they may have been killed off. This allows them the opportunity to come back to a province that a) is not dead; and b) is in good position for them to do something, instead of logging in to shambles they need to fix (which they don't know how to do) before they actually can start performing actions and having fun.

It also have the potential to provide advantages and more dynamics to more competitive Kingdoms, which is not bad in my opinion. Casual Kingdoms with dedicated leadership can be more competitive. Competitive Kingdoms can be less demanding on all players. All of these new aspects are good for the competitiveness and growth of the game, in my opinion anyway. I encourage anyone who disagrees to convince me otherwise since that's what these suggestions and feedback threads are for so that we can get these kinds of changes done right.

If it's truly to mentor rather than an end-around for 2 provinces per person, then maybe restrict what the mentor can do -- can't attack or do hostile ops. That way it's not giving you a full 2 provinces, but lets the mentor "take care" of a province for a new person like putting buildings in queue, requesting and sending aid, casting self spells, explore, etc. I think that achieves your goal of not having a new person's province die off if they miss a couple days of logging in, but also avoids the impression that this is a way for more competitive kingdoms to run 2 provinces per person.

Thread Information