Thread: Genesis diaries

Post Demon

Genesis diaries

Please feel free to post your own diary entries in similair style, I'm not sure I'll be doing this every day but we'll see how it goes.

Day -1

Sign up finally open I created a province, was tempted by elf/warrior since it was significantly better than on the world of legend server, but that would be silly since I run one in the regulair server already, setteled on orc/cleric to win the sustainability battle, with some luck I might even have a paladin on hand for smite will be good to punish those who want my stuff, and elites with more than 1 off point per nw seemed like a good choice.

Found it hard to find detailed info besides the race/personality ones, no official statement, so expecting mechanics to be the same as on the world of legend server, has been playing solely on genesis a for a few years when it was still arround, and although I'm determined to stick to my current kingdom on the main server and would rather give up my genesis account if it does not work out to play 2 provinces at once, I'm still rather excited about the possibility.

Once I finally get to create my province there is 7 people in the kingdom, one of them named test province, ok was not expecting much from the kingdom, mostly genesis was individual play with ages where I was the only person in the kingdom playing from start to finish, I have my race/personality combo to survive on my own after all. Clicking next shows that there is no other kingdoms on the island, clicking previous shows there is no kingdoms befor 2 islands down or was it the other way arround, not a big concern it is still only a short while since signup was opened, and I do not want to have people leaving the world of legend server for genesis, so small beginnings are fine.

Must say it feelt more like sitting at first than to have a second province, I'm afraid that I'd be missing stuff although I've never let the province I was sitting starve, hoping to get more excited as things go along.

I went to bed and had another look, decided against partial warbuild and reset province to get armouries, wars would be silly early on when you do not know who will be usefull and who will not even stay. Kingdom grew to 22 provinces, still no other kingdoms on the Island, now we got 3 provinces with test names and one named help, not promising. Someone decided to vote for sassy wolfie and asked others to do likewise, I remain sceptical but still cast my vote as the province by that name voted for themself so they likely are not against it, and I'm not interested in taking over. Some people write that they hope for fast tics, likely they have tried the test server before, I have not so I hope for normal tics but who can tell one of us are likely going to get disapointed, maybe even leave over it but I'm going to stick arround for now and take things as they come.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Demon
    Day 0

I really was not expecting to write every day, but spotted that indeed the server was only supposed to run for 1 day. Was still going to play, so sat over 2 hours waiting for the game to tic before heading of to bed.

Not sure what we was supposed to see in 24 hours or how fast tics would be, but as a normal human I like to sleep 6-8 hours a night which means I'd find it sub optimal to have to fast ticking, and with only 16 hours of effective gameplay it is not likely I'll be investing time on this server in the future, still a tiny bit optimistic that we could get like 6-8 week ages at normal speed to try out stuff, but with the real server started already there needs to be more diffrence between the two for it to make sense.

One idea could be to give a random set of race/personalities to everyone so that you get to play something you might not otherwise would have tried. Maybe some of the cool kids are wiser than those of us only using discord for the kingdom and not to interact with the community and owners.

I see I'm not the only one who misinterpreted what Genesis would be as a kingdom fellor wanted to get invited to another kingdom, and Bijou even made room for the player count in the dragon portal, some of us just can't seem to find info if it is not announced properly in the forum I guess.

Otherwise not logging on much today, I see that we had a monarch at one time as kingdom name was changed, but someone decided to not vote again, and so Sassy Wolfie was left 1 vote short. One dude wanted to start an intra kingdom war, silly stuff I bet half of the people in the kingdom will get to login maybe 2-3 times at best if they even will login at all don't waste their time on premature stuff like that. Total count of provinces was just arround 250 last I checked, with orc beeing the least selected race.

I got a mind to try out defecting once just to check on the effects for books etc, it has been a very long time since I last defected, and I'd like to refresh on what it does exactly besides the 10% cut of everything, I even considdered vacation mode once I go to sleep, but cast that idea aside since I could not find specified if the timeframe for that would be equivalent to the tics, and really I feel no ownership of a province if I'm only getting to play for 1 day, so if it dies while asleep that is that.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Demon
    Day 1

Ticking was 1 hour for each tic, and ran for arround 14 hours, this meant that not only did no one exit protection, we was not even able to see any other kingdom. We did end up with a monarch, but it did not do anything. Made a half hearted attemp to recruit in the chat as I figured I might just try to do something, but for all I know no one was even on to see it, probably half the people there did not login after the first day.

Total of 360 or so provinces, I'm unsure what the purpose really was, so I do hope they got the data they was after since I did not get the experience I was hoping for and therefore probably will look more thoughtly at what I'm getting into next time the genesis name is displayed for such purposes, clearly people signed up in the hope of getting to interact with one another, so I hope this was a testrun for a server more like what genesis used to be.

On the bright side my OOP strat for my real province seems to come along nicely and I got all my spells up so far, in a few hours we'll see what 153% offensive ME is worth right OOP.

Post Fiend
    sounds exactly like spam email I got 2 ages ago

Thread Information