Thread: Bot Prefs not showing up

Veteran

Bot Prefs not showing up

And every page re-opens the chat box and IRC command box. Please allow us to disable all of this.

Did you click on the Disable link at the bottom of the left-hand menu and it's still reopening?
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Veteran
    Well, for one thing, I thought that Disable button was for sending intel to custom site. But yes, I've clicked disable many, many times and nothing is changing.

Enthusiast
    I second this. Unable to disable munkbot at all.

Would love a working in game method of totally turning off all the new munk bs.
    #magi

Veteran
    It was bad enough last age, when even after unchecking all the boxes in the Bot Prefs, every page still loaded twice: once for the normal page, then kind of oomphing down for another load of all the bot stuff. I have good internet at work and at home, but I can only imagine how insufferable this is for people with slow connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    It was bad enough last age, when even after unchecking all the boxes in the Bot Prefs, every page still loaded twice: once for the normal page, then kind of oomphing down for another load of all the bot stuff. I have good internet at work and at home, but I can only imagine how insufferable this is for people with slow connections.
    Occasionally I try and see if disabling munk is an option in game and I unblock all the javascripts I have blocked... I have no idea how people can tolerate the page load times and all the bloated clunk that goes along with the new forced integrated munk rubbish. In other words, I feel your pain.
    #magi

Veteran
    Yeah, I mean, I might pay for adblocker/gold status if it includes a munkblocker.

Veteran
    This is making the game almost unplayable. People losing intel due to Ajax autoloading, popups blocking links, mis-clicks due to bot loading after main page.

just block it all out. Get ublock origin if your on desktop and block intel.utopia-game.com or use yesscript if on mobile fire fox and block all non utopia-game.com scripts (meaning subdomains like intel.utopia is blocked). If you give it a try and get lost let me know and I don't mind giving better directions.
    #magi

Veteran
    I did end up blocking the chatbox and irc elements. I hate resorting to that, but it was making game unplayable on PC.

Veteran
    This is resolved, thank you.

Thread Information