Thread: Are Hospitals pretty much mandatory for an Attacking UD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are Hospitals pretty much mandatory for an Attacking UD?

I'm returning after quite some time off, not sure what the KD goals are yet, its been pretty quiet thus far. But I'm an UD/Rogue looking to start attacking and converting some specs to elites. Will hospitals be needed to keep my elites is decent shape while attacking or will the UD -30% Military casualties on offense and defence suffice?

Thanks.

Veteran
    I'd run hospitals, though maybe not as many as, say, an Orc Warrior.

Is this a good thing What would you think about this

I don't think you /need/ (as in require) hospitals on an undead.
    #magi

I think it is best to build a hospital depending on your troops

Needs to get out more
    Or go cleric and slow clap your decision all age long.

...but yeah, run a few hospitals. It's your defense with your use of rogue that'll attract attention. To stop you the enemy will have the option to overpopulate, massacre or expose thieves. This doesn't make it a bad choice, it means you might be able to draw fire or pick up where your t/ms left off. It's your healthy ability to attack and sabotage that'll make you interesting in meter use.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-05-2019 at 21:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    having engaged opponents since OOP I'd say a lot of people do not run hospitals at this point, your sustainability is thus greater than anyone not running cleric, and that means any warrior you encounter, maybe people will get them later on, but at the moment mostly orc/clerics would be more sustainable, just don't engage orcs and you'll do fine, later you might considder tossing in hospitals if more people run them at that point, I would not do more than say 10% max, you can use the build space for something else to a greater effect. Atleast hold off on hospitals until you are at your desired draft rate.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thanks everyone for the input. We got into war right OOP so never really got a chance to build them in. I guess it wouldn't hurt to add maybe 10%-15% since my military draft will be at ~65% after the end of war CF. Only got around 900 elites over the war though :/

To stop you the enemy will have the option to overpopulate, massacre or expose thieves. This doesn't make it a bad choice,

Needs to get out more
    Well, I'm cleric and we had hospitals in our suggested strat.

Most of the question is in how much room you have based in how you play.

Back when I use to play undead cleric I used hospitals. It was part of a total philosophy in that I also ran relay taps(roughly equal offense per general timed at equal return times). So if attack return time was 12 hours I'd attack every 6 ticks. I started this to ape avian tac returns because I ran avian tac before joining kingdoms that required racial continuity. My build was heavy GS with tertiary rax, guilds, WT and hospitals. I never ran stables because I was essentially a mid-nwpa rover and room was the issue. By having acre fluidity with GS my overpopulation losses were minimized. Since I had to sustain high offense per tap I used hospitals.

Since most defenses are high enough in the game to prevent 4 full taps I'd start war with a mix of ambushes to array the relay. Being a target was a given and my usual excercise was to ambush attackers above my nw and trad march those below. This was pragmatic in offensive distribution. I'd then choose a nw zone based in nw/acreage to trigger my attacks which evolved into a zone where no one can score a max hit. Thus, the GS helped maintain my acreage while hospitals sustained nw. I'd choose by cost benefits what to retal including honor suppression. Taps could be merged through +/- or alternative attacks(massacre) if I required higher offense.

This isn't a traditional kingdom strat, it's part of an overall micro via rovering. While I held center the warriors would be spiraling up and down in acres. These tactics offered respite to those who could reach or fell to the nw zone.

Not an endorsement of hospitals as much as an explanation of my active use of the building. It's not necessary in most passive damage reducing province strats like undead and cleric.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-05-2019 at 01:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information