I chose Halfling/Cleric this age, looking to fulfill a support role (I would’ve picked Paladin last age).

Now, if you play Cleric as an old-time you Cleric, it doesn’t suck and you can disregard the title. The immunity to the Plague and -30% losses make up for the Halfling lack of hospitals. This would be a great personality for a Halfling attacker. But I’m not, I’m a T/M because that makes sense, right? Clerics get extra spells for support and Halflings are good thieves…

Except support spells are unusable.

It’s not that I’m a lousy mage – offensive spells work just fine. I have 20% guilds and enough WPA to match up any province not mystic or heretic.

Self spells work alright too.

No, see, my problem is casting stuff on my kingdommates. My ~95% success rate drops to around 50% (!), and I’ve tried everything: casting on big teammates, small ones, attackers, T/Ms. NOTHING sticks at the first try, which ends up negating the lesser mana cost of support spells because of all the failed tries.

Also, if you fail a spell once and try again immediately afterwards, it ALWAYS FAILS.

Adding insult to injury, the support spells I do get through last laughably little, usually around half the time either my own self-spells or offensive spells last.

So, suggestions:
1. FIX THE BLOODY SUPPORT SPELL FORMULA. Fix it now, don’t wait for the end of age because Cleric is pointless as it stands. It shouldn’t be harder than spells against other people (!) and, frankly, it’s stupid that I have to work against my own teammates’ WPA. It means, in practical terms, that I can’t provide support to chained teammates in war, which negates the whole purpose of support roles.
2. Cleric has zero magic bonuses. Nil. Zilch. Nada. Even Rogue gets better guilds! If you’re not going to fiddle with the formula, at the very least give Clerics something next age to boost their WPA.
3. While we’re at it: I get all of three (four if you count Greater Protection) exclusive support spells, neither of which is particularly impressive. It’s very demoralizing to waste 10% mana just to give a teammate 5% extra defense for a laughably short amount of time.

That’s it. Fix the Support spell formula.