Thread: Sabotage Wizards with one thief.

Question Sabotage Wizards with one thief.

Sabotaging Wizards with one thief. Does that work?
    Myself I would think it would not, or at least should not.

But most in my kd say it does.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Test it intra kingdom.

I did think of that. But assumed someone had done it and would know the answer.

My bad....

I now assume it must work or my monarch if a twatt. (as it's his orders in war)
    New to the Kd and no one I can test it on as new prov and been out of stealth due to enemy kd having inactives with + 1mill gold.
    As I joined just B4 war started and not a lot of NW myself been getting +50k GC a shot. Been funding Fluffy more than increasing my NW.

2nd Dragon near ready to go now... So will test it out...

But will let you all know if it works...…

Memo to self.... 8 posts since Feb 2014... Are the people here worth it?
    One is at least. Than you for your reply.
    Last edited by Ludite; 28-05-2019 at 22:49.

Enthusiast
    I'm pretty certain that your monarch is wrong. I've hear most people say the correct send is somewhere between 10% thieves and 3/acre like riot.

Afaik the only ops that "work" with a 1 thief send are BT and BG.

Post Fiend
    I think it works, and I actually suggested that in my KD – were you there?

Sabotage wizards is supposed to take away 7-33% of current (not total) mana. I assume sending 1 thief would take away the lesser amount, but still work.

I sent about 10% thieves (playing as a thief province) and I got a success message – if you send less thieves than the required amount, you would probably get a message telling you you need more thieves.

For the record: I suggested that during a war we had against a T/M-heavy kingdom and we saw less ops after that. Maybe it worked, maybe it was the wear and tear of war. But I do believe it had an effect.

Enthusiast
    There isn't a single thievery operation that tells you to send more thieves lol, so, not a great argument.

Post Fiend
    Actually, I'm pretty sure there is. They don't say "send more thieves" outright, but they give you a green message that essentially says "you succeded but not really, sike".

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by North Southland View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure there is. They don't say "send more thieves" outright, but they give you a green message that essentially says "you succeded but not really, sike".
    naw....Early indications show that our operation was a success. Our thieves have sabotaged their wizards' ability to cast spells.

if u send just one. still its a function of how many u send like riots. and i dont normally send much less then a few raw tpa so i dont know exact scaling. recommend sending 2-4 raw tpa to do any damage.

Enthusiast
    Results.
    Starting mana = 76
    After 1 10 thief, 75. After 2, 75. 0-1.5% mana lost.
    10% send(~1 TPA of target)
    75->69 ~8% mana
    69->62 ~10% mana

30% send ~3 TPA of target(like riots)
    62-51, 20% mana lost
    51-42, 20% mana lost

This was done intra kingdom at ~125% NW and 0 WT. Shielding and cunning were about even. This tells me that probably 2-3 thief/acre sends give max damage at almost the same rate as expose thieves. Main reduction will come from enemy WT.

Post Fiend
    So 1 thief *does* work, even if barely.

Thread Information