Thread: Spell/Op difficulty from NW

Enthusiast

Spell/Op difficulty from NW

Did they change the formula?
    It is freaking hard to spell and op and even support buffs that is even "slightly" different nw than you.... even if they have .5 wpa and I have 10 wpa, it is freaking HARD. (like 50% fails type of difficulty....)
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

That sounds like an irregular experience but range has been narrowed somewhat from what we had under the previous ownership.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    I think in your case it is because the recieving province only got 0.5 wpa, since selfspells depends on your number of guilds and not the wpa it makes sense to assume that if the target province got a very low wpa their guilds might also be lacking in numbers, that is why casting on the noobs in my kingdom that did not know how high a % of gulds to run has been harder than on everyone else all age.

Size diffrence might also play a part in the successrate, but I think lack of wpa when casting on t/m's and % of guilds when casting on attackers has been the factors I've noted the most while playing attackers with support capabilities so far.

Went Elf/attacker this age, and went paladin like 4 or maybe 5 times when it was avalible so I got some experience with selfspells on others and do think I've somewhat grasped the different factors involved, even if I could never give a calculation of the exact effects of each factor.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I think in your case it is because the recieving province only got 0.5 wpa, since selfspells depends on your number of guilds and not the wpa it makes sense to assume that if the target province got a very low wpa their guilds might also be lacking in numbers, that is why casting on the noobs in my kingdom that did not know how high a % of gulds to run has been harder than on everyone else all age.

Size diffrence might also play a part in the successrate, but I think lack of wpa when casting on t/m's and % of guilds when casting on attackers has been the factors I've noted the most while playing attackers with support capabilities so far.

Went Elf/attacker this age, and went paladin like 4 or maybe 5 times when it was avalible so I got some experience with selfspells on others and do think I've somewhat grasped the different factors involved, even if I could never give a calculation of the exact effects of each factor.
    Na, for the self spell we both had between 18-20% guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    but range has been narrowed somewhat from what we had under the previous ownership.
    That is pretty much the confirmation that I needed.... so it wasnt just our "entire" kingdom's imagination.
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    I had issues with support spells too, at least during the first half of the age. Then I made a thread complaining about it in the Suggestions sections and, probably coincidentally, my success rate improved somewhat. Maybe my WPA caught up. Maybe they did listen to my ranting. Who knows?

I still have some trouble successfully casting support spells on mage provinces (I picked halfling/cleric, which has zero bonuses to WPA) and chained provinces, so I think I'm having to work against their WPA (which sucks). On the other hand, the spells I do manage to get on mages are usually longer-lasting than those I cast on attackers (meaning I'm working with their guilds), though still shorter than self-spells.

In short, the formula is weird and playing cleric has been more or less a waste of an age. Can't wait for it to end.

Enthusiast
    The formula is good before..... the current system only favors attacker being military losses (on both sides) are not factored in NW formula nor is the defense.... only "gains" is affected by NW..... While T/M the success rate is affected by NW same with the gains, and to make up the difference in gains you send more thieves which = more losses .... which is a problem

Post Demon
    I do recognize the senario where casting on mages and high wpa provinces gives the longer duration even if it can take 1-2 tries more to get it up.

Not so much the difficulties casting in generel at 20% guilds early age it is quite easy, and elf/warrior don't get wpa bonuses either, it only got hard when my wpa dropped after last war.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Enthusiast
    This isnt just Self spells, it includes Offensive Ops and Magic.... it is so freaking hard that even 1.3x or more NW is dont even bother trying to op/cast unless you like to fail even if you have 26MTPA trying to op 7MTPA

The changes are stupid.

Enthusiast
    ok I got full intel.... give me a few secs
    Last edited by RedPanda; 19-07-2019 at 16:44.

Enthusiast
    Ok update.... the target has almost Zero wpa... i just took all of his intel. Double check by HAND too....

But what is scary is that the bonus is so high that even if has near zero wpa it is still causing 80-90% fails? Now imagine if he had an actual higher WPA?
    Last edited by RedPanda; 19-07-2019 at 18:22.

Enthusiast
    More tests

Basically 3 mwpa vs effective 0 mwpa,
    3 success 40 fails in casts myself for test purposes (others have similar results)
    He does have wizards but so small that it even rounds down a .1% but for sanity sakes he has .1%..... but even with say a 100% WPA bonus that would be at most .2%.... and a 1000% it would be a 1 wpa... but even that shouldn't be a factor of that many fails.... so bu the order of deduction the bonus % he has is 10000% to be = to 10 wpa..... really NW difference wpa bonus of 10000%?

.... I think they didnt realize it is a %.....but they put in a % amount.... or was the other way. which the game interpreted 1x or even 10x into 100x.....
    and im also surprised that it has no cap either.... (unless that was the cap)
    Last edited by RedPanda; 19-07-2019 at 18:46.

Thread Information