Thread: New Mystic Spell

Post Fiend

New Mystic Spell

What about a war-only spell available to mystics to boost WPA production? Something on the order of 25% or 50% increased wizard production with a short duration and high rune cost.

During war this would have minimal effect on AW, meaning AW is still an effective way to neutralize mystics. To use it during active war means wasting a lot of resources to keep it up, plus a raze or two on a mystic would drop the %guilds and base wizard production. Where I think this would be particularly useful is in the post-war CF period, where mystics could keep the spell up nearly 24-hrs allowing them to exit the CF with recovered WPA and more war-ready. Even at 40-50% guilds, it's difficult for a mystic to recover from deep AW runs within the 96 hour period.

There is enough boosts to favor the more active over everyone else. This doesn't serve to give a boost to strategy at all; its just anther boost to rot activity.My vote is pass.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    There is enough boosts to favor the more active over everyone else. This doesn't serve to give a boost to strategy at all; its just anther boost to rot activity.My vote is pass.
    Maybe you missed the parts where I suggested war-only and short duration. It would actually improve activity during post-war CF for mystics, so it wouldn't rot activity. The whole point is to help boost the post war recovery so mystics come out of a post-war CF war-ready.
    Last edited by Drys; 08-07-2019 at 09:27.

Veteran
    There have been spells like this, as I recall. It's not a bad idea but query whether it is better than an EOWCF +wizards boost.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    There have been spells like this, as I recall. It's not a bad idea but query whether it is better than an EOWCF +wizards boost.
    EOWCF Boost would affect everyone leading to WPA inflation across the board. This spell would only benefit the one class that really needs to pump wiz aggressively after a war.

Veteran
    Maybe it should come with a downside as well--something like no mana regeneration, or reduced rune production or income, while it is active? That way it would be very costly to use during active war, and still would limit TOG or other things during EOWCF.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Maybe it should come with a downside as well--something like no mana regeneration, or reduced rune production or income, while it is active? That way it would be very costly to use during active war, and still would limit TOG or other things during EOWCF.
    I think a 3-5 day duration with an ~10 rune-per-acre ought to be enough of a downside. That means to cast in war, you're using about ~24% mana if you want to keep it up for a full day, plus a ton of runes that could probably be better spent elsewhere. However, in EOWCF the expense would be reasonable since you have no other uses for mana/runes.

Post Fiend
    I don’t know why but I was thinking of this spell today and it hit me:

Why not make this a (war-only, maybe?) instant effect spell? Call it something like “Clone Wizards”, make it cost a lot of runes and make it yield as many wizards as Paradise does with acres. Yes, you could cast this during war – but if, as a mage, you have extra runes and mana during war, you’re doing something wrong. It would only be of use during EOWCF, where you need substantially less of your wizards anyway.

You could even make it so it only yields so many wizards total (like Paradise draws from your explore pool and doesn’t work if you’ve depleted it). Guilds don’t train more wizards if you have more of those than peasants, so I think that would be a reasonable limit for this spell too.

Thread Information