Thread: Age 82 Suggested races and personalities

Enthusiast

Age 82 Suggested races and personalities

Decided to have a go at it for fun.

Bloodlust nerfed to it's old numbers, 10% ome.
    Not decided on elite NWs.
    Elite costs were mostly thrown in as an after thought.
    Inspire army available to all.
    SWH available to all personality.

Avian:
    30% br
    20% attack speed
    Auto anon (-15% gains, bush immunity, still gains honor in war)

No stables/swh.
    8/3. 900 GC
    Fanat, bloodlust, clear sight, GP

Human:
    +30% income
    Income protection
    Dungeons fill from pop/drafting. Not sure the exact mechanic. The goal here wouldn't be that the can run extra dungeons for economic reasons, the goal here is that they just already have prisoners on the go.

-15% WPA and self spells success
    +15% rune costs.

8/4 1100 GC
    Quick feet, revelation (nerfed 30->20% increase)

Orc:
    Free draft
    +15% battle gains
    +15% enemy casualties when attacking

+10% self military casualties
    -10% shielding (+10% instant op/spell damage)

9/2. 1050 GC
    Reflect magic

Dwarf:
    +25% be
    Free build
    -50% construction time

+50% food consumption
    Cannot accelerate buildings

7/7 850 gc
    mystic aura, mages fury, invisibility, greater arson.

Elf.
    +30% WPA
    +1 dspec
    +20% rune production

7/6. 1000 GC
    Mages fury, pitfalls, Fool's Gold

Undead.
    +15% population
    Converts yadda yadda
    -50% offensive losses
    Plague yadda yadda
    No food needed

Basic Intel only
    -1 dspec
    -1 ospec
    Can't train elites
    -15% economy science effects

8/6.
    Nightmare, mages fury, wrathful smite.

Halfling
    +40% TPA
    2/2 soldiers
    +10% shielding (-10% damage from instant ops/spells)

5/7 900 GC
    greater protection, town watch, invisibility

Faery:
    Access to all racial spells, tree of gold.
    +1 mana
    +1 stealth
    +35% self spell duration

-10% population
    2/8 1250 GC

Pers.

Heretic:
    no wizard losses on fail spells
    -75% losses on failed thief ops
    +30% cunning sci
    Access to revelation, paradise, Fool's Gold, pitfalls, nightmare, blizzard, assassinate wizards, mages fury, Expose thieves, chastity, gluttony
    +400 thief 400 wizard

Mystic:
    +75% channeling science effectiveness
    +20% towers effect
    +100% guilds

Meteor showers, expose thieves, paradise
    +800 wiz

Rogue:
    +50% TD land effect
    +1 stealth
    +50% crime sci

AW, invis, prop, greater arson, paradise, expose thieves
    +800 thief

Tactician:
    -15% attack speed
    +20% siege sci effectiveness
    Accurate Intel
    Clear sight
    +800 solds+credits

Warrior:
    +1 ospec
    +10% ome
    +10% effect to all military science.
    +800 ospecs

War hero:
    +100% honor effects
    +5% ME in war
    Converts yadda yadda
    +35% credit generation in war
    Dragon immunity
    +50% map protection in war(20->30% land protection) and increased ME when hit
    War spoils, pitfalls
    +800 elites

Cleric:
    -35% military losses
    +10% shielding (flat effect not science effect)
    Can cast mystic vortex as a support spell (Success as though a support spell not offensive cast)

Animate dead
    +800 solds+credits

Paladin

Support spell casting
    Paladin spells
    Valor science bonus 35%
    Self spells cost 2% mana(except ToG and paradise)
    +800 solds/credits
    +200 wizards

Post Fiend
    Hi

– Your avians attack faster (which kind of negates the gains penalty), can't be ambushed (can't even be straightforwardly determined to have attacked, so as to retaliate in some other manner) and don't have a casualty penalty. Oh, and 8-point elite. And fanaticism! And bloodlust! (Granted, a nerfed version). They're way overpowered.
    – Humans have extra income and income protection. What's the point of free mercs (because let's face it, auto-filling dungeons is pretty much that) then? Is there any other economic bonus they don't get? At least their elite is expensive enough. They seem a little boring, if I'm being honest.
    – Wait, Orc gets the casualty penalty? And no ambush protection, and a fragile, expensive elite? Why do you hate orcs?
    – Undead is cool. I like the more defensive elite, though I wonder if they're a bit OP (why only an economic sci penalty?)
    – Faery is alright, but +1 mana and +1 stealth means that pretty much the only way to play them is as a T/M. I'm personally in favor of faery attackers… but I guess that's more of a personal choice.

– Warrior gets +1 ospec AND +10% OME, which is a big no-no for me (I already made a thread about it in this very forum).
    – War Hero is OP. It was way too many bonuses and plenty of them have good synergy with each other (more credits means more ospecs which means more elites.
    – God YES TO MV AS A SUPPORT SPELL. Signed: someone who played Cleric this age. They don't get plague immunity, though, so that's gonna be a naw from me.
    – Wait, Paladin is back? Doing (kind of) the same thing as Cleric? Why?

Enthusiast
    Interesting the first impressions here vs on the discord.

People on discord said avians were unplayable, the focused a lot on dwarves being too strong. Noone commented on orcs being too weak.
    I don't think any level of income bonus makes humans or any core have the gold to send mercs every hit, so I don't see the comparison there.
    Fae posted in my changes are better core than faery on the current server. Faery make great core this age.
    Warrior I kind of liked this age, rather than reverting it I thought it'd be fine to keep. Not sure war hero is OP though, they certainly gain a level of attrition in war that others don't, but if you compare it to cleric -losses I don't know that they're really better or not.
    Cleric doesn't have support casting, just support MV. Paladin would have full support casting access.
    I liked the idea of rather than giving undead just a huge offensive elite, give them something buff and tanky, good for defense or offense. Doesn't mesh super well with offensive only -cas, but that's fine still.

The vibe I've gotten is that there's too much room for people to play big and tanky, I want to keep that, while balancing it around the potential for TMs to do more damage by sacrificing modified numbers. So many TM these days have Mtpa Mwpa so overboard high compared to core, that I want more recourse for TMs to play around with doing more damage with lower numbers. That's where my faery and heretic come up as options, where rogue mystic elf and rogue all still can push those bounds of modified numbers if they choose.

Regular
    I like the Avian auto anon and it sort of justifies their -15% gains, but not effect honor. its new, I like it
    Human dungeon thing I am not sure what you are going for but I like their econ and elite, I think they'd be fun if they could maintain population
    I find orc and dwarf solid. I know people hated on dwarf elite (that would never happen) but despite being at the top I don't see them much. I wouldn't give them GA either
    I like the races pretty well too-especially dropping fae elite off to 2.

The spells assigned give faery a lot of power though. I think they have the option to be whatever and after last age hearing about Fa/WH doing well, I think they'd do very well with your changes too.

Heretic love is there and strong, why so many spells to them?
    More personalities look fair, and I want to point out the goodness in WH again. I think it gives other personalities a run for money.
    Combine pally & cleric because I think it was smart removing one this age and should stick to one.

I like IA for everyone. How come give back SWH to everyone-I thought many found it good to isolate this op. Maybe I should consider reducing BL to 10% as well in my propose to let people chill on Elite offense values.

Thread Information