Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 82 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Age 82 REVISED Changes - Feedback and Suggestions

Revised changes are here!

Please use this thread to provide feedback (or other suggestions) on the currently posted changes (keep an eye on the change log at the bottom of the post for any changes that might be made to the proposed changes post).

You can find the announcement here: Age 82 Revised Changes
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 20-07-2019 at 07:22.

Enthusiast
    We need to know the metric on "Prisoners will convert into Elites over time." What % per tick?

Avian
    -The combined spellbook and 9 elite off sims into some absolutely bonkers stats (even tho bloodlust is still a gimmick). Needs to be toned down, revert Bloodlust to 10% offense and remove Fanaticism at the very least .
    -Elite nw is too high. Should follow a formula for consistency, like .75*off + 1*def. Avians will run a lot of elites anyway, target should be something like 9/3 9.75nw (with a nerfed spell list) to bring it in line with orc nw.

Dwarf
    -Still an underdog in stats even considering the spell list. Probably needs BE bonus slightly increased.
    -Duplicate bonus with Artisan: build time. Turn it into something else, like construction and raze cost reduction.

Elf
    -Elite nw way too high. Again, no consistency. Should be 7/4 9.25nw.
    -Military eff. bonus and +1 def. spec just adds elf to the T/M wall problem. Get rid of military eff. bonus and maybe improve the elite to 7/4.

Faery
    -Elite nw too low. Should be ~10.25nw. Price is right. Faery has decreased population - if nw is a real concern for T/Ms, the wizard/thief nw should probably be reverted to 4 points.
    -Should not get Ghost workers and other spells like Mage's Fury for free, so those spell lists need some attention.

Halfling
    -6/6 and double prisoners/mercs at the same time sims way too good. Back to 5/6 or ditch the prisoners.

Human
    -Oh my, where do I start. +10% defensive TPA is a nonsensical useless bonus.
    -Ghost workers, while nice, just buffs faery. Keep it on Artisan.
    -Should get a military stats bonus, like +1 war horses or ospec. Else human is just another 'go rogue and suck at attacking'.

Orc
    -Seems fine, elite should be ~10.5nw at these stats.

Undead
    -Seems fine considering they can't train the elite, should tone down its def to 3 and increase the nw probably.
    -Needs clarification on the prisoner decay.

The Artisan
    -Duplicate bonus with dwarf.
    -Why Fountain of Knowledge and not a themed, unique bonus that used to be in the game - like flat rate building eff or protection from arson/greater arson/tornadoes?

The Heretic
    -Maybe increase guilds bonus to 75% if rogue keeps 50%.

The Mystic
    -Dial back on the guilds bonus.

The Rogue
    -Seems fine.

The Tactician
    -Seems fine.

The Cleric
    -Absolutely broken atm. Starts with wizards and FoK - why? Remove these.
    -Should get access to Inspire Army.
    -Scientific Insights should drop to 5% bonus as an indirect nerf to T/Ms stacking layers of defense and offense.

The War Hero
    -Seems fine. Duplicate bonus with Tactician (Pitfalls) should be looked into.

The Warrior
    -What is the point of this personality and colourful spell list? Seems like someone hit the 'randomize' button.

Bottom line: there is absolutely no reason to have duplicate bonuses with the array of (past and present) options at our disposal. Everything can have a unique feel.
    Elite nw needs to have some consistency. Wizard/thief nw could be reverted to 4 points.
    Divine shield should not return, as it only makes T/Ms obnoxious to deal with.
    Last edited by Avenger; 21-07-2019 at 08:38.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    Avian is fine. It won't be an age of avians on these numbers but it's competitive, well-balanced against the rest of the field. I agree dwarf needs a BE boost, probably to +25%. Too many buildings aren't affected by BE at all or not significantly. I agree the elite nw values seem randomly askew. I like the new warrior. The proposed warrior was nonsense but the revised has an interesting flavor and I approve bringing some econ bonuses back into the game with artisan and now warrior. But artisan was underplayed last age, so why nerf it? Tact is also underplayed, same question. I like the idea of 3-point horses on human.

Post Fiend
    You guys were doing a good thing removing revelation from the t/m spec's. Sad to see it return.
    If you don't want to add anything (numbers/strategy/theory) about what I'm saying so I can rebuke it. Keep your cult-like indoctrinated nay-saying to yourself.

Utopia=Drink the kool-aid

Not a lot of changes, but they seem fine.

I wonder if Undead is a tad too strong with that 12/point elite that can be trained from dungeons. If I were undead I’d start attacking halflings with Town Watch to get a lot of prisoners quick and a bunch of elites practically for free.

I've created my province and I don't see reflect magic as a dwarf/rogue.
    I gave you f.magic in there!......Magic? You just p$$d on a gypsy in the middle of f.nowhere.

Faery also doesn't get Ghost Workers, which isn't that surprising since it isn't listed in the long list of spells they get, but they should get it since they have all other racial spells and humans (a race) gets it.

Unless we're not giving it to them for balance issues, which is fine but a heads-up would be appreciated.

Enthusiast
    These are only the revised changes so don't base anything off these or the in game stats yet.

Sir Postalot
    No OOR wars is such a stupid idea. There's zero incentive for anyone to try to compete and try and win if any random smaller kd can just keep annoying a larger kingdom for as long as they want. If I want to be small and mess with someone out of spite 2x my size there's absolutely nothing they can do to stop it.

Post Fiend

Thumbs up

Bring back the self spell fog and give it to Avian.
    Kthxbye.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No OOR wars is such a stupid idea. There's zero incentive for anyone to try to compete and try and win if any random smaller kd can just keep annoying a larger kingdom for as long as they want. If I want to be small and mess with someone out of spite 2x my size there's absolutely nothing they can do to stop it.
    'Absolutely nothing'... you can wave and block after 24h. Didn't we get the previous CF abomination cause BB couldn't get rid of hostile with Tetre's ghetto?

You prefer the chartshaping that was going on with meme OOR wars?
    Last edited by Avenger; 21-07-2019 at 12:55.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    There is 1 incentive.... screw your age over. The lower kingdom also gots nothing to lose by trapping a larger kingdom into a month long war. Being the initial goal is to **** with you, so they dont care if they get ganked or PK at all.

Well with the new NW rules, it is hard it can be done.....
    But before the new NW rules even 2x can be taken down easily, and once down they stay down being the lower NW kingdom can really take someone out of the war due to the NW spread near the bottom end unlike the bigger kingdom which can only has NW in the top end so it is harder for them to take somone out.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 21-07-2019 at 15:33.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead,

Post Fiend
    my undead elites are 10/2 not 12/4 unless i'm missing something.
    ex-Modesty

Post Fiend
    ''Genesis Age 107 will have most of the WoL Age 82 changes live''

Why call it Genesis, Utopia 2025 would be more cool.

Changes again are ****, only interesting is warrior but unplayable waste cause of op magic pg 13 little girls ****.

Thread Information