Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Admin Interference

Regular
    What kd is it? I have to know to avoid the possible griefing

One province was messaged, you. Stop creating multies.

For what it's worth I do not agree with the messaging, I would have just IP banned you.

I reacted on discord.

Davidc ignored the issue of course

Regular
    Who is to hold administrator Sassie Wolf accountable for crimes against the community? In an ideal world Bishop will IP ban them!

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    You are welcome to play if you follow the rules. Griefing is against the rules.
    Griefing? That's not how it works with attacking. Unless it's a verified multi.

If an admin has to message you and tell you to stop, consider yourself right on the line.
    What if the admin has no clue that ingame is self-policing except when fake warring/multis are involved?
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-08-2019 at 13:19.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

You are welcome to play if you follow the rules. Griefing is against the rules.
    Game Play
    Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia.

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.

Fair & Honorable Play
    The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of deception/fraud can result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

grief (redirected from Griefing)
    Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
    grief (grēf)
    n.
    a. Deep mental anguish, as that arising from bereavement, or an instance of this. See Synonyms at regret.
    b. A source or cause of deep mental anguish: "That knowledge would be a grief to her" (Tobias Wolff).
    a. Annoyance or frustration, or an instance of this: Trying to follow their directions was nothing but grief.
    b. Trouble or difficulty, or an instance of this: the griefs of trying to meet a deadline.
    c. Informal Criticism or rude talk: gave me a lot of grief about being late.

Utopia Rules do not mention griefing. There is the dictionary's definition so you are well informed...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

I suffered deep mental anguish when I was bereaved of my 2b gc while keeping my head down and being careful not to break any rules. Nobody punished David for griefing or even bothered to send him a warning.

Grief isn't against the rules. Grief is the rules.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

So someone multied, and instead of a deletion for cheating they got a warning not to grief.

Will this new change in the rules be formalized DavidC and/or JeffT?

Or did your favorite admin neglect her responsibility to action cheaters and yours just gonna let that slide, and ignore the precedent it sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    So someone multied, and instead of a deletion for cheating they got a warning not to grief.

Will this new change in the rules be formalized DavidC and/or JeffT?

Or did your favorite admin neglect her responsibility to action cheaters and yours just gonna let that slide, and ignore the precedent it sets?
    Nah, he got deleted made a new account and started griefing the ones that reported him.

So the warning was frivolous and unwarranted?
    Last edited by Pillz; 01-08-2019 at 08:29. Reason: Reiterating fact in the form of a question

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    So the warning was frivolous and unwarranted?
    Correct but seems it's the plan in retaining new players. They are discouraged when someone grief them so you make the offending provs stop and maybe the recieving province stick arou d rather than quit.

Nothing I agree with though.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Correct but seems it's the plan in retaining new players. They are discouraged when someone grief them so you make the offending provs stop and maybe the recieving province stick arou d rather than quit.

Nothing I agree with though.
    Haven't we already seen this episode last year? Admin really has no business in stepping in to protect 'new players' ingame. Where's my protection when someone interferes with my ingame plans for the luls?
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-08-2019 at 11:59.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Haven't we already seen this episode last year? Admin really has no business in stepping in to protect 'new players' ingame. Where's my protection when someone interferes with my plans for the luls?
    Well you could argue the situation is different in this case cause they are being griefed for doing what is perceived correct. In this case reporting a cheater shouldn't result in someone harassing you.

Post Demon
    is it really against the rules if you get deleted but not perma banned to create a new province provided that you now follow the rules, even if you are out to start things with your new province? It would usually be you vs the kingdom that you are trying to harass and the kingdom you landed in that want none of this and might remove you themself.

The kingdom wide razing of another kingdom can be countered quite easily by forcing cf, it is quite a lot to have to wait 1 week and get insta cf'ed if you continue. If it is a big problem that single provinces tries to do this slap a 7 day ban instead of 24 hour cooldown on anyone getting deleted for violations, that way you don't need to force ip ban.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Well you could argue the situation is different in this case cause they are being griefed for doing what is perceived correct. In this case reporting a cheater shouldn't result in someone harassing you.
    People have always traditionally been harassed for reporting.

Thread Information