Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David, please sell the game.

Postaholic

David, please sell the game.

David, you need to sell, give away, or find someone else to run Utopia. You have shown yourself unable to run this game effectively.

It is unacceptable that you ignore game-breaking bugs for years until they determine a crown. It is unacceptable that you don't even have a way for reporting or keeping track of bugs. It is inexplicable that you spend all your time adding in new features that don't work, introducing bugs along the way, and never fix them. It's very disappointing that new features added are moving toward pay-to-win. And it's completely insane that in all the time you've had the game, you haven't even started rewriting it into a form that will be fast and work with mobile apps.

I and many others have put years of our time into playing utopia. It's incredibly sad to see it get worse over time, when it could easily be made great again. But it's quite clear to me that it's never going to be great with you running it.

I am done playing while you're running Utopia, and I encourage others to make the same decision.

Bump
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Demon
    a little vague no? what bugs are we talking about and how did it affect anything? you just sounds buthurt for whatever reason.

If we are talking Oopses I'm quite sure it is the same for any kingdom that has 20-25 people online and tries to use all stelth and mana in a matter of minutes so it just means everyone will face oopses given that senario even if you can pull off such activity and your opponents can't would you really need that extra advantage to beat them?

Try to look beyond limmitations in the game and you might find the real reason why you lost a fight, blame the game and I'm quite sure that it is just you making up excuses.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Bump. Please sell the game if there is no viable strategy of increasing player count as in moving on new platforms properly(mobile phones) and/or marketing (eg, facebook adds)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    David, you need to sell, give away, or find someone else to run Utopia. You have shown yourself unable to run this game effectively.

It is unacceptable that you ignore game-breaking bugs for years until they determine a crown. It is unacceptable that you don't even have a way for reporting or keeping track of bugs. It is inexplicable that you spend all your time adding in new features that don't work, introducing bugs along the way, and never fix them. It's very disappointing that new features added are moving toward pay-to-win. And it's completely insane that in all the time you've had the game, you haven't even started rewriting it into a form that will be fast and work with mobile apps.

I and many others have put years of our time into playing utopia. It's incredibly sad to see it get worse over time, when it could easily be made great again. But it's quite clear to me that it's never going to be great with you running it.

I am done playing while you're running Utopia, and I encourage others to make the same decision.
    Good post.

+1 well said

Agree with this post 100%. After learning of the existence of multiple explore bugs for the first time this past week, and reflecting on Titi's extensive past history of farm wars and inexplicable massive explores thereafter to secure the land crown early age, it is clear that the admins have failed the entire Utopian community. Titi has had a stranglehold on multiple ages due to the admins' failure to cure game-breaking bugs that determined the crown. What an absolute shame. Also, may I borrow your box of tissues and have a sip from your glass of warm milk, Dorje, so we can comfort each other? Seems like I ran out and you have plenty.

You know what i find the most amusing part is of it all. Even if the game is "****" and its been absolutely **** since ZAWK bought the game. You all still play the game.

But hey why you have to be so mad its only game. Also this is the 1% that is complaining would be interesting if there were some sort of survey or etc to see how people feel all over the board.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    what bugs are we talking about and how did it affect anything?
    I'm not talking about any specific bug, though obviously there was one that pushed me over the limit. There are numerous bugs that affect the game every age. They never get fixed. There is no way to even report bugs. How insane is that? How many times has the age been restarted 12 hours in because the changes are too bugged to be playable? How, as a dev, can you think any of this is ever going to get players to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You know what i find the most amusing part is of it all. Even if the game is "****" and its been absolutely **** since ZAWK bought the game. You all still play the game.
    It's hard to abandon it. It's equally hard to stand by and watch it die. Why is that amusing? You're still here too.

Enthusiast
    I stopped even reporting bugs over a year ago. Even ones I could replicate and prove time and time again. Mostly due to Bishop being 0/10 on support mail or in forum.

I doubt it's better now, I had high hopes for munk staying up to date and improving when it was incorporated into the game, but munk's bugs keep piling up as well.

While I haven't personally been affected by anything other than the GC bug, I do objectively agree.

I'm willing to no-life it for $500 per month, payable in bitcoin or EGP. Guaranteed maximum 9 hour turnaround on emails and reports. That works out to ~$1 per hour if I sleep.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I think I am generally overwhelmingly positive, but I find it really hard to disagree with this. I work in the world of UX and the absolutely glacial pace of iterative improvements to the game (besides money grabs; lets be honest) is astonishing. I can't imagine the cause being anything other than complete apathy. If you don't have the development resources, the time, or the desire to make the improvements your users desperately need, then open source it on GitHub and let the community help. You can still maintain control over the pull requests and commits to master, and a few reasonably talented developers that actually care about the game could re-write the entire thing with a more scalable architecture, better database transaction handling, and a mobile-friendly UI in a relatively short period of time. There would be a way to report and track bugs, timelines for new features, etc. I think you are really doing yourself and the players a great disservice by continuing to operate the game like its still 1991.
    Nexus - Depravity - Evil Dragons - Pantheon - Elvut - Mercy of Absalom - Pulse - Insolence - Giraffes - L E G A C Y

Regular
    Agreed. i was super-excited when i saw new management over the game. All i see now some 1-2 years later is munk integrated (which everyone already had) but no other real improvements to get new people to play.

Update on the "game-breaking bug that determined the crown": "Regardless, the two explore bugs that have been mentioned recently could use some clarification. 1st bug) was fixed long ago 2nd bug) had not been fixed (until now)
    Further clarification for those who would infer based on the massive discussions regarding a Kingdom that may have used a bug to gain an advantage: The 2nd bug that was still in the code until now, could not have been used by the Kingdom at which accusations were being made."

I appreciate the effort to add things here and there, but yeah the page is not as perfect as before. Inaccurate mouse scroll and pointer on Mozilla Firefox has been bugging me for two ages. Only happens on utopia game pages.
    You gotta improve that dude.

Thread Information