Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: David, please sell the game.

Post Demon
    Exactly Elit which is why people should be happy it is still running.

If anyone want to impove utopia they could man up and offer to buy it or get in with the team by contacting the owners in private, that is nothing to put in a public forum thread. I for one knows I don't have the time and not the confidence I could do it better myself either.

If someone do take over I wish that the current owners would find some joy in getting back to playing the game again, and maybe not competitive.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    I disagree with 33lit anf Madcess. Game is complete sh33t, most of it is cause of these types of players and their master who is balancing sh33t for years now.

There is ebay. Make auction. Sell it.

Post Demon
    Half the time people complains it is because they'll set themself up to play in a way that they can't always do. Even if you are fine playing in a warring kingdom 9/10 ages or in a growth kingdom 9/10 times that 1 age where you are not will drain you and take away your entusiasm and enjoyment of the game.

I've been into some hectic months relocating 3 times in less than half a year, from England to Sweden and back to England, with stopovers in Denmark at my parents place for a bit in between.

That plus participating in a game festival in London and staying 3 weeks at a hotel has left me a bit drained after constant warring all age, so I'm temporarily going to join a shell/ghetto, perhaps aiming for a province crown, perhaps just experimenting with strategies or science. In 1-2 ages I'm probably up to playing in warring kingdoms once more, and I won't have any less reason to enjoy that then.

However if I continued in a warring kingdom I would likely exhaust my own enthusiasm for the game, and maybe resent playing. There are many ways to play and enjoy the game, if you are tirering yorself doing it one way trying another rather than complain and/or quit.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

** Post removed ** (never mind not going to start on this again)

but ideally the game would get open sourced.
    #magi

Forum Addict
    as long as you idiots, keep buying invites, sitting credits, gold status and what not they will just keep on making minimum effort and farm the gc.

So your problem is admin making money from the game? You expect time & effort spent on development comes for free? Its good enough that banners are kept at acceptable level and no game-breaking advantage for payable features. Im not a top player but I've played long enough to see there are changes being introduced into the game that keeps the game exciting.

To those who dont have any intention to buy the game, why suggest to sell it out? The way I see it, you will complain no matter who owns the game. Ppl talk sh*t about Mr M when he run the game before and now ppl with the same attitude are saying he did great? Seriously.. why post if you dont have anything good to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguirezz View Post
    So
    your problem is admin making money from the game? You expect time &
    effort spent on development comes for free? Its good enough that
    banners are kept at acceptable level and no game-breaking advantage for
    payable features. Im not a top player but I've played long enough to see
    there are changes being introduced into the game that keeps the game
    exciting.

To those who dont have any intention to buy the game, why suggest to
    sell it out? The way I see it, you will complain no matter who owns the
    game. Ppl talk sh*t about Mr M when he run the game before and now ppl
    with the same attitude are saying he did great? Seriously.. why post if
    you dont have anything good to say.
    Your over simplifying / generalizations is just wrong.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 01-10-2019 at 11:41.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Your over simplifying / generalizing are are just wrong.
    lol, criticising other person for simplyfing while his own contribution is "you are wrong" pot całing the kettle black for sure.

When Brian & Sean took over utopia it was disappointing that the game kept its old interface with a new backend. With the rise of iphone it was dubious at best that the game was not made mobile friendly, the game really seems made for mobile play with little things needing to be done at odd hours. Then David & co took over, i thought for sure the first step they'd take was to modernize the interface. Now over two years later, exactly nothing changed. I'm baffled, if you spend thousandths of gc taking over a dying game, why not reserve a little of it for ui design and art so at the very least you stand a fighting chance to resuscitate it.

After improving the interface, time could be taken to improve the new user experience (it's non existing, with bad luck you're dropped in a ghetto with multies and other clueless persons, no one would keep playing like that, with luck in a somewhat organized kingdom that ultimately kills you (with more luck after nagging to improve, but you don't know how) for not understanding the game and thus being a liability), fixing the backend (the oopses at start of war need not happen, deadlocks are a bug, not an inevitable result of concurrent access) and add a dedicated app.

But what has really happened the last two years, fiddling with some numbers, more fiddling with science, adding a new layer of complexity to the already failing backend by adding munk, reintroducing genesis with no player-base and insane game-speed. It's all hacks at best. And outright nonsense at worst (plans/attempts to integrate that other game, generals, into utopia, introducing a customer service widget, wtf?!)
    Last edited by Ooopsie; 26-09-2019 at 11:23.

Post Fiend
    Make Utopia legal again

by selling to someone who has registered company

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    lol,
    criticising other person for simplyfing while his own contribution is
    "you are wrong" pot całing the kettle black for sure.
    Logic fallacy.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Logic fallacy.
    You are wrong.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You are wrong.
    Get on discord korp!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Get on discord korp!