Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear management

Post Fiend

Dear management

Dudes ... Not everybody can be a Michelangelo. Not everybody can be Mozart. Not everybody can be Mehul. And not everybody can run and manage a game. You are the lattest. Just give up. Let the game die while it still has some decency left. What we are playing now is a farce, a shallow shell of what once used to Utopia - a f-ing legendary game. Continuing is a disgrace. To Utopia. To anything with 3 working neurons.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So why are you playing?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    So why are you playing?

Because ... Yea, no, I`m not playing. Said my goodbyes. Staying till eoa out of courtesy to my Kd mates and off I go. Why I played? Because this game was epic. Myself and quite a handful of players played because of loyalty to the game and what it used to represent. Everybody turned a blind eye to the more than ludicrous changes, age after age. But we`ve reached a point in which a double amputee has a better shot of beatin` Usain Bolt at 100m, than the current management to actually be able to iterate anything eloquent related to the game.

Post Demon
    Quitting is no reason to want the game gone for those that remains. Regardless of how you see it others might have a different oppinion, so who don't you want us to continue having the game arround?
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    Yeah, beat it geek.

The better response would be to stop destroying the game with the bad changes and start down a new direction. Also running players off who are quitting because of the bad changes is a poor move.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    Dudes ... Not everybody can be a Michelangelo. Not everybody can be Mozart. Not everybody can be Mehul. And not everybody can run and manage a game. You are the lattest. Just give up. Let the game die while it still has some decency left. What we are playing now is a farce, a shallow shell of what once used to Utopia - a f-ing legendary game. Continuing is a disgrace. To Utopia. To anything with 3 working neurons.
    Wtf is a lattest?

Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 17-09-2019 at 21:58.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

This is, unfortunately, one of those situations where you might actually want to go ahead and take that back out of the trash...
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Addict
    Game is **** atm and i will semi retire too but question is if it can be epic under any other management, maybe the small playerbase is the problem. game was still fun while we had 6-7k players. But indeed, changes have been so bad age after age so that is definately a factor. Should just let 2-3 serious players from the community do an overhaul of changes, go back to basic. At least that wont hurt, except DavidC:s ego. Put Hesus, Memster, Persain, Hex and Wilmington (hahahahaha) in a discord channel and decide the changes together. For sure they will be 100 times better than Davids...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quick reminder that Zauper and Hawk were both top tier serious players before acquiring the game

Veteran
    I don't really get the hate on the changes. Some of the decisions are poorly executed, and it is annoying to have sweeping and often bizarre proposed changes only for them to dissolve to something more normal for final changes. But by and large the balancing has been the same as in most ages--always some choices better than others, a few unplayable combinations, but plenty of options. The people complaining in here could perhaps give some details as to their issues?

I can say with certainty that Zauper is both top tier and serious. Too serious at times. David, however, has proven himself to be a loose cannon and was not invited to the second or third rounds of CR's b2b2b. I want to like him but he sure makes it difficult.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    I don't really get the hate on the changes. Some of the decisions are poorly executed, and it is annoying to have sweeping and often bizarre proposed changes only for them to dissolve to something more normal for final changes. But by and large the balancing has been the same as in most ages--always some choices better than others, a few unplayable combinations, but plenty of options. The people complaining in here could perhaps give some details as to their issues?
    agree. they could do everything community wants and there'd still be out cries.

Don't think the issue is the current Management, the changes are fine and not an issue. I think the issue right now is the Kingdom size of 22 to 25 with only 2400-2500 players. Seriously who has time to run a kingdom that large and have a life? Sure if you sit in moms basement in your underwear at 35 maybe! 'Chuckle'. Hear that?, Top Players screaming profanity! Face facts, the players count does not justify the 25 kingdom set up. I think 15-20 province kingdoms would be more suitable to the player count. By all means leave it at 25, what do I know? Only played for like over 10 years! was here when whats his name Mr. M still owned the game. That sounded mean! LOL Whats up with all the random farms? I hate when Tops come down and tell us ghettos how to play! They are great players but they really lack sociable skills at being Human! Vent over, by the way my Kingdom will play the game to the end. So there is hope for the game yet and I think the current management Team is doing a fine job.
    Last edited by Rockie Cantais; 24-09-2019 at 01:11.
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

Thread Information