Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear management

Dear old players and whoever is complaining the game is getting worse,

If you wish to quit playing, do so asap. Nobody will miss you. If you wish to continue, stop complaining and contribute. I've had enough of ppl complaining changes are bad, management is bad, etc. With the influx of mobile games, its expected that newer generations choose games that are visibly more appealing than text based games like this. Complaining the game is getting worse does not help in any way and only make you look like a fool. Specifically point out where you think can be improved and if possible, give specific suggestions and some reasoning. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut up before you destroy your credentials.

Bottom Line the game player count is 2400-2500, I remember 12,000 to 14,000 players. Again, I think the current management is doing a fine job. I see, you miss read what I wrote, lol. So I am sticking around cause I am hoping they will turn it around. This is one of the most entertaining games I have ever come across. Just keep in mind people will complain and people will complain about the people complaining! Amusing!
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    Don't think the issue is the current Management, the changes are fine and not an issue. I think the issue right now is the Kingdom size of 22 to 25 with only 2400-2500 players. Seriously who has time to run a kingdom that large and have a life? Sure if you sit in moms basement in your underwear at 35 maybe! 'Chuckle'. Hear that?, Top Players screaming profanity! Face facts, the players count does not justify the 25 kingdom set up. I think 15-20 province kingdoms would be more suitable to the player count. By all means leave it at 25, what do I know? Only played for like over 10 years! was here when whats his name Mr. M still owned the game. That sounded mean! LOL Whats up with all the random farms? I hate when Tops come down and tell us ghettos how to play! They are great players but they really lack sociable skills at being Human! Vent over, by the way my Kingdom will play the game to the end. So there is hope for the game yet and I think the current management Team is doing a fine job.
    Biggest challenge I see is breaking up 20-25 friends, my kd hovers around 20-22 provs and if we went 15 not sure how we could say "you 5 have not received a rose, please pack your things and go"... in the end you may end up lowering your player base even faster. And keep in mind a lot of the reason why people are here is for social, so breaking them up isn't easy to deal with it. Maybe you bring back alliances tho (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Would love to see this game re-done ground up on mobile, feels like it could bring this game back in a modern market. The bugs aren't so bad to make it a bad social experience, just miss those days 10k + players.

Regular
    One reason other games are succeeding because of community. There are so many player guides out there for how to be better and play better but utopia community is all secretive. Sure, you can ask questions and sometimes you get answers and sometimes you get a troll answer.
    The old players complaining, pitch in and educate others. Share your knowledge. What good is crowning if there isn’t even a utopia to crown in? Good job harboring those tips and tricks! So much potential for a community to be ruined by people that just wanna troll, ridicule, ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocke View Post
    Biggest challenge I see is breaking up 20-25 friends, my kd hovers around 20-22 provs and if we went 15 not sure how we could say "you 5 have not received a rose, please pack your things and go"... in the end you may end up lowering your player base even faster. And keep in mind a lot of the reason why people are here is for social, so breaking them up isn't easy to deal with it. Maybe you bring back alliances tho (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I agree breaking up a solid Team would not be a easy thing and my guess is why it hasn't been done. You could just lower it and leave the Top at 25 let attrition take care of the rest. What we are doing is that working? Are we doing the same thing even if a bit differently? Expecting a different result? Again the current Management Team I do not envy but they are doing a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotFancyMan View Post
    One reason other games are succeeding because of community. There are so many player guides out there for how to be better and play better but utopia community is all secretive. Sure, you can ask questions and sometimes you get answers and sometimes you get a troll answer.
    The old players complaining, pitch in and educate others. Share your knowledge. What good is crowning if there isn’t even a utopia to crown in? Good job harboring those tips and tricks! So much potential for a community to be ruined by people that just wanna troll, ridicule, ignore.
    My Kingdom is very selective about who we let in, One Troll can ruin it. I recruit new and returning old players hoping they stay but if not no big deal. Teach what we can and let it be shared. We keep a few tricks secrets but mostly we share the basic game play freely. Anyway its hard to keep up with all the crazy changes, I have to recheck the rules all the time!!!

Post Fiend
    If you want more players, mobile is the way to go.

It's frankly incredible that there are no Utopia apps for the iPhone (I don't know about Android, but probably it's the same). How hard can it be to make one, when this is a text-based game? Just make a bunch of mobile-optimized pages, code a simple browser to navigate them and voilà! And the mobile gaming market is huge – but they're not gonna bother if they have to open their browser to navigate a clunky page designed for desktop computers.

All you got do is drop the max player count 1 player per age.
    #magi

So I have been away for a couple of years (like 4ish).
    When I returned, the top threads, non-sticky, are all complaints.
    This does not bode well for player retention or player growth.

The lack of Mod and Dev interaction with the players is a HIGE problem. A problem that will drive people away from the game. A problem that will prevent others from even playing.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Its cause focus has mainly shifted towards Discord. The Devs/owners are far more active over there. The forum is sorta wasteland where they do age annoucnemnts only..

The dev's do deserve some words of credit but I'm afraid to voice them because the forced munk nonsense sorta overshadows all the decent good things their doing.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by maugrim View Post
    Yeah, beat it geek.
    you still playing?

Thread Information