Thread: Forced cf cost agressor honor

Post Demon

Forced cf cost agressor honor

I'd like to suggest that a forced cf cost the agressor honor, atleast if certain conditions are meet, such as the nw difference beeing 25% or more in favor of the agressor, and the defending kingdom not beeing hostile, maybe the option should also only be possible if the defending kigdom forces cf within the first 24 hours of getting hostile to avoid defending kingdoms intentionally lowering their nw further.

The purpose of this would be to have less oor kingdoms willingly and knowingly go hostile with a much smaller kingdom, and so to speak aim for the lesser kingdom to force a cf.

No meter awareness and the fact that ops now moves the meter means a lot of stupid fights break out with the sole purpose of getting the smaller kingdom to submit and force cf, if you go hostile it should be with the aim of getting a war, if you don't go for a serious target, then I think it would be fair to risk losing 5-10% honor across the board, the defending kingdom should of course not gain honor from forcing cf.

Alternatively you could invent something like infamy points to give a province or kingdom permanent negative buffs for doing dumb stuff like poor target selection or poor meter management.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    Good luck with that! People want to see forced CF out, like, at all because how dare you use diplomacy instead of organizing a wave and see if people won't play possum.

Post Demon
    I'm sure no one expects a war giving hosile to a kingdom 75% of their nw when it is only permitted within 115-85% they only go hostile to clear relations, and some go hostile even if you offer them a cf. By giving negative drawbacks of getting hostile forced uppon you, you are increasing the odds for smaller kingdoms to do diplomacy with larger kingdoms.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    I didn't say it was a bad idea. I said it was never going to be implemented because people here (not me!) hate forced CFs because they're forced to do diplomacy and they hate having to use soft skills and *thinking* instead of picking a wave target, and then a chain target and let someone else do all the thinking for them.

Also, how do you *willingly and knowingly* get to hostile? What if it's a rogue (as in, acting solo – not a thief) province, you retaliate, a couple more retaliate and so forth and you reach hostile somehow, despite having no war intentions?
    Last edited by North Southland; 14-10-2019 at 18:46.

Thread Information