Thread: customize size of kingdoms

Post Demon

customize size of kingdoms

I would suggest that it becomes possible to remove open spots from a kingdom permanently so that each kingdom monarch can chose at the start of the age how many provinces they want to allow in the kingdom at any given time.

Playing most of the age so far in a growth kingdom that was only 11 man strong at the start of the age after our merger moved elsewhere we opted not to use the wall for the most part due to the rather harsh +20% wages which would competitivey put us at a great disadvantage, it worked fine at some times, but in periods of time we went and got maxed out with 22 provinces which was not at all what we wanted to do.

We did add a few people thoughout the age, and most of the rest was inactives that was easily dismissed and dealth with, however we did get some people who we had to ask to leave and sometimes forcefully remove, I do not know if those people ended up finding a better kingdom suitable for them, or they outright quit the game, but things might be better for them if they was accepted into a kingdom that actually wanted them rather than getting added to a kingdom that did not.

Some people have been asking or begging to lower the amount of provinces in a kindom every second age, this clearly shows the struggle for some kindoms to maintain a stable core and/or the identity of their kingdom. Out of concerns for the few kingdoms currently at 25 people these requests has so far been ignored.

I would suggest that it becomes possible for the monarch at the start end of the previous age to select if they want to have 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 spots in their kingdom auto filling to 22 as usual but allowing to select a smaller number of spots as long as the kingdom have selected a number equal to or greater than the number of reservations for the next age.

This would help prevent some kingdoms getting flooded with new provinces and help a struggeling team maintain their identity if they could select to go with 20 provinces for an age or two or chose to prevent a merger this way, it still would allow for most kingdoms to get a few new people naturally by only giving the option to select 5, 10, 15 , 20 and 25 spots as few would have exactly that number., the hassle of having to move people to shells age after age could be prevented when the option to chose 5 spots max for the kingdom is given to those people.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Good suggestion overall I think.
    #magi

Post Demon
    Every other suggestion related to kingdom size has been about forcing everyone to have fewer people in their kingdoms, this would atleast not affect everyone else, and whack a mole on all new provinces is not good for the game, just as dropping 8 new farms on a kingdom that finally cleared house and is looking for some actions are not good for them.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Every other suggestion related to kingdom size has been about forcing everyone to have fewer people in their kingdoms, this would atleast not affect everyone else, and whack a mole on all new provinces is not good for the game, just as dropping 8 new farms on a kingdom that finally cleared house and is looking for some actions are not good for them.
    totally agree.
    #magi

Thread Information